Any Bobbi Brown Recommendations?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Really enjoying the programming tonight. I was persuaded to order the BB anniversary kit because I'm in dire need of a make-up overhaul. Have worn BE for years and I'm starting to look a bit 'powdery' (it's settling into lines - anyone else have this problem?). Anyway, wondered if any of you helpful forumites have used BB and, if so, how do you rate it?

john lewis are doing one of their price matches at the moment ........online too if you are not near a store and its 10% off Bobbi Brown make up at the moment. Some of the stuff is out of stock online, but that crystal pallette they demonstrated earlier is in stock and works out cheaper and free p&p..... ive seen it in the flesh and its lovely.

as for other recommendations. the eyeliner is fab and lasts forever. eye make up remover good too and i love the lip glosses ooh and the mascara too. not tried the foundation though so cant comment on that.

I love the eyeliner gel, easy to apply, lots of colours & really lasts.
And the eye shadows, though not the very sparkly ones. Haven't tried the foundations so can't give an opinion.
Really like the empty palettes that you can buy & fill with products of your choice. That way you don't get stuck with colours you don't use.

:wave:All of it! :wink::giggle:

I'm a proper old school Bobbi Brown girl. :grin:

I really like the long wear cream eyeshadows for a quick and easy eye that looks as if you put much more effort into and never makes my eyelids look crepey like some powder shadows do. I wear even the shimmery ones in the day time. I don't even open my eyes to appy this on tired mornings, and it still looks good. :giggle:

The pot rouge (s) are fab too. I use mine almost every day and never seem to make a dent. I can't imagine ever finishing one.

I like the BB lip glosses when I want some colour on my lips rather than just a sheer (sometimes might as well be clear) shine.

Bobbi's best mascara is the one they give you in all the kits, the Extreme Party Mascara. There's nothing extreme about it, in fact it's a really pretty, natural looking mascara which just gives definition with a little length and a little volume. It's my favourite.

The gel liners are the best I've ever tried. Check out the reviews - most people feel the same.

I could go on... :giggle:

I realy like the look of the gel eyeliners but like to smudge my liner, otherwise it just doesn't look right......can it be smudged???

It can be smudged if you don't use too much on the brush. I usually put mine on & if I want the smudged look, I go over it with a very dark shadow. It is EXCELLENT for the waterline too, doesn't budge for ages.:happy:

Nothing but praise for BB make up:
Long wear eyeshadows, gel liners, pot rouge, mascara, shimmer bricks, I love it all.
The anniversary kit is great value too.
The make up is easy to apply, looks very classy and lasts all day.
You can smudge the liner if you do it immediately after applying with a smudge brush. You can accentuate it by applying a creamy ES before you apply the line

I was looking at that kit too but daren't buy anything for me before Christmas now! I only own a shimmerbrick, eyeshadow (shell - the pink equivalent of bone) and blusher. The blusher is called Clementine and is very strongly coloured orange in the pan but looks natural once applied. Would love to try the gel eyeliners but have recently bought some Smashbox ones so these will have to wait for another day.

I have the moisture rich foundation and it's lovely. I ordered the medium, and when I first put it on I thought it was too dark, but it blended so easily and just melted onto the skin. It's long lasting too. I popped into John Lewis last week and came out £58 poorer :whew: They had the 10% promo on. I bought the gel eyeliner, eyeliner brush, a red metallic lipstick and a lip balm. The SA put the lippie on me as I hadn't worn red in years, so she popped it on over the lip balm. The lip balm is to die for!! I have tried them all over the years, and was using the Chanel one, but this is my new favourite. It goes on before I leave home in the morning, and my lips stay hydrated all day! I don't wear lippie or gloss during the day, and am out and about all day so re-applying make up/lip products etc just doesn't happen. I am a bit gutted I paid full price for the gel liner and brush, but I don't think they were in stock on Q at the time and I needed them for a Christmas party! I am now tempted by the pot rouge and a cream eyeshadow.

Ciociara - I get that with a lot of powders. I use Laura Geller balance & brighten over the top, but would like to try the BB yellow based powder to see how this compares.

Thanks all. I'm really happy now - can't wait to get the kit now. I'll see how that goes - I really like the look of the pot rouge too. That might be next on my hit list.

I started using Bobbi Brown way back last century.:giggle:
Some of the products and her ideas no shimmer etc changed when Estee Lauder bought the company in the early 00s.

The powder eyeshadows are still excellent, the blushes. Hate the lipglosses and so do many because of the stupid little brush in it which always splays.
The face powders and foundations are as always excellent, but you really need a counter to find the correct shade.

The makeup brushes are expensive but will last you for years and years. I have a eyeshadow brush which I use all the time and it was bought last century! Its still good as new, I do clean it and air dry.

Actually I still have loads of the original round pot eyeshadows and blushes.

:hi: I can cope with Bobbi Brown having some shimmer products but that purple and turquoise palette looks like BB sacrilege to me! (although Amethyst, the purple colour, is to die for on.)

I wish they wouldn't bring out so many palettes either. I used to buy all of them - now that's impossible.

Donna - some of my BB collection is pretty old but still good. I think only my Woodrose eye shadow is pre millennium! :happy:

Paul :rock:

He's just said to Alison at the start of the show, You wear it (BB) alot now don't you ?

"Yes", well she couldn't say anything else.

:cheeky:

:rock:

I just ordered the Christmas Surprise - Bobbi Brown 2 Piece Festive Cheeks & Lips Collection (221848) and it sold out. They mentioned it, and the 'sold out' stamp appeared. Yet it's still available online?? Eh?! :wonder::confused:

Foundation for oily/combi skin

Does BB do a good foundation for oily skin? I find it really difficult to get my foundation to stay put all day so fancied trying something different. :thinking:

Does BB do a good foundation for oily skin? I find it really difficult to get my foundation to stay put all day so fancied trying something different. :thinking:

I have oily skin and I swear by the moisture rich foundation. When I first received it, it made my skin shiny. But then I switched moisturiser (from pro-collagen to HIAJ) and stopped using a primer, and now it hardly shines at all! May be a worth a go, you can always send it back afterall :tongue:

I have the moisture rich foundation and it's lovely. I ordered the medium, and when I first put it on I thought it was too dark, but it blended so easily and just melted onto the skin. It's long lasting too. I popped into John Lewis last week and came out £58 poorer :whew: They had the 10% promo on. I bought the gel eyeliner, eyeliner brush, a red metallic lipstick and a lip balm. The SA put the lippie on me as I hadn't worn red in years, so she popped it on over the lip balm. The lip balm is to die for!! I have tried them all over the years, and was using the Chanel one, but this is my new favourite. It goes on before I leave home in the morning, and my lips stay hydrated all day! I don't wear lippie or gloss during the day, and am out and about all day so re-applying make up/lip products etc just doesn't happen. I am a bit gutted I paid full price for the gel liner and brush, but I don't think they were in stock on Q at the time and I needed them for a Christmas party! I am now tempted by the pot rouge and a cream eyeshadow.

Ciociara - I get that with a lot of powders. I use Laura Geller balance & brighten over the top, but would like to try the BB yellow based powder to see how this compares.

you werent in the cribbs John Lewis were you? there was a lady in there getting red gloss tested because she hadnt worn it for ages...... i was in there lusting over the various pallettes at the time.

you werent in the cribbs John Lewis were you? there was a lady in there getting red gloss tested because she hadnt worn it for ages...... i was in there lusting over the various pallettes at the time.

Oh wow, what a coincidence!! But no, it wasnt me, I was in Cardiff! I was taking shelter from an unexpected snowstorm :giggle:

I forgot to mention, the SA tried to get me back there on the 8th as Paul (Harrington? Can't remember his surname) is doing a 2 hour masterclass. £15 a ticket, which is redeemable against products. I was telling her how the gel liners came with the brush on QVC (was hoping she'd throw it in for me :happy:), and she said "Oh, you must know Paul then" - I was like "Oh yeah, Paul, I love Paul" like he was my best mate!!! Haven't bought a ticket yet, he is on in the afternoon then 5.30. Times are a bit awkward for me, but am tempted....

Wonder if he's doing any of the other John Lewis stores...?

I use the BB oil free compact foundation and love it. Shine free and you can have sheer or full coverage. QVC don't stock it but I managed to pick mine up in a discount estee lauder shop in Gunwharf Quays Portsmouth. I think you can still get it on counter and online though. It's the best colour match foundation I've ever used and will definitely repurchase.

Oh wow, what a coincidence!! But no, it wasnt me, I was in Cardiff! I was taking shelter from an unexpected snowstorm :giggle:

I forgot to mention, the SA tried to get me back there on the 8th as Paul (Harrington? Can't remember his surname) is doing a 2 hour masterclass. £15 a ticket, which is redeemable against products. I was telling her how the gel liners came with the brush on QVC (was hoping she'd throw it in for me :happy:), and she said "Oh, you must know Paul then" - I was like "Oh yeah, Paul, I love Paul" like he was my best mate!!! Haven't bought a ticket yet, he is on in the afternoon then 5.30. Times are a bit awkward for me, but am tempted....

Wonder if he's doing any of the other John Lewis stores...?

oooh id love to go to that - wish he was doing cribbs, there was no info up there.

Latest posts

Back