Moira C

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
I wish I had a quid for every time Moira says "Coco Chanel" and "Absolutely Gorgeous"!

Also, where are those appalling Itsawrap's? My missus was almost persuaded that they might be worth trying but once the medics arrived she recovered quickly and she's OK now!

I love Moira and her zest for life, wouldn't buy the products though, but she's infectiously upbeat:rock:

Love the scarves, but I so wish she'd branch out into different fabrics and more contemporary designs. Chiffon scarves are lovely, but some larger, and thicker fabric, say velvet would be great....I can see her doing the "Scottish widows" look! I really think she's missing a trick, especially in this cold weather. Perhaps she could offer a service where you send the fabric and she makes a scarflace out of it too. Love Moira, she's so frumpy and funny!

You can get the scarves just as cheaply by joining the Moira C club on her own website.

Trouble is they are a bit lax in sending you your own personal membership number.

Love the scarves, but I so wish she'd branch out into different fabrics and more contemporary designs. Chiffon scarves are lovely, but some larger, and thicker fabric, say velvet would be great....I can see her doing the "Scottish widows" look! I really think she's missing a trick, especially in this cold weather. Perhaps she could offer a service where you send the fabric and she makes a scarflace out of it too. Love Moira, she's so frumpy and funny!

Itsawrap for the head then, the phones are heaving at the thought. :happy:

I'm not very happy with Ideal World or Moira C at the moment. I've never ordered from IW before and am probably not likely to again.

I was flicking through the TV channels when I saw the Scarflalce being advertised. I had one given me many years ago and wore it a lot. I'd never seen it advertised anywhere or in shops so was really surprised and pleased to see it and, thinking about Christmas presents for some of my older lady friends I ordered a pack on 2nd Dec. I also sent a message to Moira C via the Customer Service section at IW. I eventually got a reply from Customer Services which bore no resemblance to my original message.

I recalled the order said it would take about 10 working days but after abbout 7 days I rang CS to check on the status - when ever I've ordered things on line I've always had a tracking ref but not with IW. The auto message informed me it had been despatchend and was with courier and should have been with me on xx which already meant it was overdue. Because the stupid automated system asked me a further question but could not understand my simple answer I finally got through to a 'real' (debatable) person. He was not the most pleasant of people to talk to and I was quite clearly wasting his valuable time! He told me that the oder had been placed with Moira C direct and it quite clearly stated 10 working days - yes, I told him this already and reminded him I was just asking for status update. It was up to Moira C. The order was with her/them and they would dispatch direct.
Me "Ah, yes but your automated reply said...."
He "But your order is not with us it is with MoiraC"
Me "Maybe so, but if I had put the phone down at the end of the automated part of the message I would still believe that the courier was holding up my order"
Needless to say the conversation went on until I decided that it had already cost me too much money to talk to this moron.:headbang:

Anyway, the 10 working days are well and truely up now, and I appreciate that the present situation with delayed deliveries because of the adverse weather conditions is a real issue. I just think an email with some sort of update would save both IW and MoiraC alot of negative feeling and publicity. It's not as though they haven't got the email address - and my money!:angry:

Sorry folks for the rant - but I feel better for it. :)

Last edited:
Baubles - take a look at the stickied admin message at the top of the IW forum here.

It gives an alternative person to contact, and plenty of people have had more joy using this way of dealing with IW than by calling their "customer services".

Good luck in finding out where your order's at!

Well, so much for contacting Gareth Parker as per admin sticky above. A friend in the same boat as me sent an email on 23rd Dec and to date no response - not even a standard out of office reply.

Needless to say Moira C goods still not arrived.
:mysmilie_10::mad:

Baubles - take a look at the stickied admin message at the top of the IW forum here.

It gives an alternative person to contact, and plenty of people have had more joy using this way of dealing with IW than by calling their "customer services".

Good luck in finding out where your order's at!

Well it seems that Gareth Parker is as useless as the rest of the IW and Customer Service bunch. Even allowing for Christmas and New Year holidays there should have been a response of some sort by now. Good to read that others have had some joy in the past.

A direct message placed via Moira C's website did at least generate a 'We'll be in touch asap' type of response - clearly my definition of 'as soon as possible' isn't quite the same as hers though as still not heard.

One very disillusioned and angry Ideal World and Moira C first time customer here. :mysmilie_461::mysmilie_455:

I wish I had a quid for every time Moira says "Coco Chanel" and "Absolutely Gorgeous"!

Also, where are those appalling Itsawrap's? My missus was almost persuaded that they might be worth trying but once the medics arrived she recovered quickly and she's OK now!

My husband said, if he was married to Moira C he'd take an axe to her! Also, Mike, tell your missus that they had a pair of itsacrap 'trousers' in the window of one of our charity shops before Christmas (£1.99) They look even more revolting off the telly !

Latest posts

Back