Products not sold anymore

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Addy

Registered Shopper
Hi all, I'm sure this must have been on before so forgive me but let's recall all those amazing, life-changing products now confined to the archives. Ones I particularly remember are the wash balls (what carp), BluBlocker sunglasses (hideous), a tooth brightening stick (probably pure bleach), and disturbing-looking dolls (would it be Marie Osmond?). I also recall the Aveda shampoos being shown on cotton pads - a myriad of colours - and what about when sizes of fashion garments had to be checked with a tape measure, how laborious was that! There's loads more 'wonderful memories' I'm sure that I have luckily long- forgotton but please remind me ..............

Hi all, I'm sure this must have been on before so forgive me but let's recall all those amazing, life-changing products now confined to the archives. Ones I particularly remember are the wash balls (what carp), BluBlocker sunglasses (hideous), a tooth brightening stick (probably pure bleach), and disturbing-looking dolls (would it be Marie Osmond?). I also recall the Aveda shampoos being shown on cotton pads - a myriad of colours - and what about when sizes of fashion garments had to be checked with a tape measure, how laborious was that! There's loads more 'wonderful memories' I'm sure that I have luckily long- forgotton but please remind me ..............

Jewellery too - remember them measuring with the wooden ruler to get the exact drop - down to the exact 5/13ths of an inch....

Spanek roasters - they allowed us to roast various birds(non human!!) vertically!! I remember the big guy who sold them coming on with around a 1000plus cards which had been sent back to him saying the product was brilliant and also the Wish pearl guy(i found him a little creepy) we bought a tin with a shell inside when we opened the shell we got a coloured pearl which meant various things(love,health etc).

Spanek roasters - they allowed us to roast various birds(non human!!) vertically!! I remember the big guy who sold them coming on with around a 1000plus cards which had been sent back to him saying the product was brilliant and also the [B]Wish pearl [/B]guy(i found him a little creepy) we bought a tin with a shell inside when we opened the shell we got a coloured pearl which meant various things(love,health etc).

Wayne Zircon was the name I think! I did actually see some Wish Pearls but darned if I can remember where it was - went to Boundary Mills recently so it might have been in there - but whether they were anything to do with that same company I don't know.

Wayne Zircon was the name I think! I did actually see some Wish Pearls but darned if I can remember where it was - went to Boundary Mills recently so it might have been in there - but whether they were anything to do with that same company I don't know.

the wish pearls were in Argos for quiet some time, not sure if tehy still are though

How could I forget the wish pearls ! Also, there used to be a guy selling rugs, then there was the chap (failed kids tv presenter) who used to do all the toys - I remember this tunnel thing where him and the QVC presenter would set off at either end and 'fall about laughing' trying to get through it. Think he might have done big boys toys as well.

I thought they were supposed to be bringing Aveda back?

I remember the guy from Marvin's Magic who seemed to be selling some sort of etch-a-sketch type thing for donkeys years...:dull:And that woman who talked at the speed of sound who had loads of those rolly kit things. Then there was Greg and Max selling all the cooking gadgets - they were fantastic!!

I remember Steve Whatley used to be on alot in the early days selling Arran jumpers, and there was that annoying little man with his no wet wonder foam!!

I bought my son a roly kit lol, its in the loft somewhere with lego in it, and he had marvin's magic board too lol......happy days :happy: x

I remember Steve Whatley used to be on alot in the early days selling Arran jumpers, and there was that annoying little man with his no wet wonder foam!!

Yon man with the No Wet Wonder Foam is on IW now. Still unbearable too.

Cydney Mar fashion. She's still on in the US I think, just not over here - though I think she had something to do with the dearly missed Stacey's YBF Fashion range.

There was a really strange range of jewellery that came on for only one show a couple of years back, called something along the lines of 'Lunch at The Ritz' or summink or nuffink with two really flamboyant fellas - think Jilly presented it and it was like lots of enamelled animal shapes and other such oddments, like a really poor man's Lambert and Butler...I mean Butler and Wilson...:happy:

Does anyone remember (usually shown around xmas time) those pen sets where the demo was by some woman piercing a load of empty cola cans to show how tough the nibs of fountain pens were?

Was Marvin Magic the guy who also had some magic pens or invisible pens?

Eeee those wert dayz..... :sun:

Cydney Mar I do remember her, also Marvin and the indestructible pens - fantastic. I also recall a french lady who brought silky lacy wallets/jewellery/stationery holders for the home with bows and filigree work and the Spanish Gold lady.

Some of your reminiscing is hillarious! Why did they stop measuring jewellery - that was so annoying but hillarious!

There was a range I loved a few years back which was silver designer pieces from the Isle of Wight. They were shells and natural things in silver, really good quality. Can't remember the name though. Used to live on IOW and never saw them there. I'd have bought many more pieces if they still did them and if I could find them online I'd buy from elsewhere. Anyone remember? Thanks in advance!

I remember when QVC first started they sold watches which had the face made out of a real coin like the old one penny,sixpence or threepenny piece I always wanted to buy one never got round to it and then they stopped selling them, probably because they were rubbish does anyone remember these or did anyone actually buy one !!!!

Beauty brands/products that I have bought in the past that are no longer sold:

Aveda skin care (green glass bottles with pumps)
Zoya and Nocti nail polish by Supernail
Ren bath & shower products
London College of Beauty Therapy
Nuxe
Cariad aromatherapy
Nick Chavez hair range
Finders Algimud face and body masks (set like rubber and then peeled off)
Decleor Arome Tonique fragrance
Elemis Active skin complex

i am trying to think of brands i have invested in. mojaive magic...loved his idea .dialogue. lexmark printers. hair straighteners, they ere a tsv when gsds first got popular. the soy cleaning producy - i loved that. feem cleaning stuff etc

Latest posts

Back