Mally Beauty - Anybody Else?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steelee_uk

Registered Shopper
Firstly I know Mally is like Marmite and people will either lover her or hate her - I personally really like her. As a result of liking her, and being addicted to make-up, I really want to love her products. I've ordered some but I don't find they live up to the 'hype' - certainly not bulletproof. Yet it seems like my brain just can't accept this, so I still watch all the shows and have things that I still really want to try. If it wasn't for money being tight this year then I know I'd have bought more. Does anyone else have this problem? Or has everyone else who has bought Mally make-up totally loved it? Or have I maybe just bought the duff stuff from her range?

The stuff I bought has been:
  • Eyeshaping liner - the rectangular one. Makes a great cat eye, disappears within 10mins.
  • Double Ended Mascara - good but the tubes dried out and flaked within 5 weeks (just out of 30day MBG)
  • Primers (face & eye) - just feels gunky on my face compared to others (have since read one of the main ingredients is hydrogenated veg oil - though not sure if that's correct-if so, no surprise my face felt oily).

I guess I'm just a sucker for the bubbly Americans cos I loved Stacey too - I am wondering whether or not I am alone with this!!

everything I have bought I like and get on with so far.
I am looking forward to the TSV

I bought the face shaping kit last year, the colours looked lovely on screen but when they arrived i was disappointed as they colours were quite dull and muddy looking. I love her demos but will stick to my BE

I love watching her and was almost tempted to buy her mascara but am trying to be careful with how much I return lately.

Last edited:
Have only ever had a 4 piece "try me" kit and of the four items the only one I like is the eyeshadow base, which for me is great alone as I have the purply eyelids of the older lady (ahem!) and this really makes my eyes look awake & alive - has to be good! Unfortunately - as far as I'm aware, it's not sold as a stand-alone item, or I would certainly re-purchase. The rest of the kit, nah, not really fussed...but I do like Mally..!

I sent the cat eye pencil back. I just couldn't do it and found I could do the same thing easier with my Avon gel liner.

I got the rise and shine kit last month and overall am very pleased with it. I don't like the concealer on red bits as much as my Real Deal one but do like it better under eye. The eyeliner in it goes on easy but does not last under eye for me. Love the eyeshadow, highlighter (very subtle), brow boost and especially the mascara. Didn't open the lippy because I have enough and will put on ebay at some point.

Can't wait to get my hands on the tsv!

Mmm, thanks for the replied, I guess I've got an excuse now to keep trying as it seems there will probably be some products that will work - just didn't want to waste p&p if it was all pretty rubbish.
I am also really looking forward to the TSV - which is why I posted, looking for real opinions (not sure I trust all the positive ones on QVC webshite).

I returned the face primer. It was a lot heavier in texture than I'm used to and I didn't like the feel of it on my skin.

Lash Illusion's only good because it's a small pencil, I probably won't replace these when they run out.

I wouldn't buy the Eye Brightener Wand again either. The powder dabber in the lid seems to run out of powder within days.

Other than that, I've loved all the Mally I've tried I think. :heart:

I bought the last Mally TSV and awaiting the AD due any time now. Prior to that I bought the Try me kit which was the first time I had tried her makeup.

I am really impressed with the volumizing mascara and love the lip gloss. Only thing I'm not keen on is the eyebrow pencil. I don't normally use one as I have this fear of smudging it so that everyone knows I've used one! I know Mally say's it is bulletproof but still don't trust it and my eyebrows are dark anyway so not an essential.

Looking forward to the TSV. :happy:

Funny how we are all different Mrs Trouble. The eyebrow wand thing is the one I use every day and would not want to be without it. Used to use the brow tech from smashbox, but find this one so much better. The last TSV suited me down to the ground, and mally even got me to use purple eye shadow, which I would never have touched with a barge pole as I have red hair, but it looks great. The eye cat eye pencil is the only one I ever returned as it just did not stay on me, yet I love her other eye pencils.

Funny how we are all different Mrs Trouble. The eyebrow wand thing is the one I use every day and would not want to be without it. Used to use the brow tech from smashbox, but find this one so much better. The last TSV suited me down to the ground, and mally even got me to use purple eye shadow, which I would never have touched with a barge pole as I have red hair, but it looks great. The eye cat eye pencil is the only one I ever returned as it just did not stay on me, yet I love her other eye pencils.

Snap - You've said exactly what I was going to say. Mally's eyebrow thing is so much easier to use as it seems to combine the powder and wax concept of Smashbox into a convenient twist up pencil.

I also like her concealers - the one from the last tsv in the tube and the previous one with the separate setting powder. That said I don't use them around the eye area but to cover the odd pigmentation spot and they do the job admirably.

I also like her concealers - the one from the last tsv in the tube and the previous one with the separate setting powder. That said I don't use them around the eye area but to cover the odd pigmentation spot and they do the job admirably.

I'm a great fan of Mally's concealers too. The Cancellation Concealer with the setting powder is one of the best I've tried and really helped with my dark circles. I've been trying the new one in the tube, which is great on blemishes/spotitoes but not the dark circles. Still my all time favourite is cheap as chips Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer in the lipstick type tube. Just seems to work for me.

I think I'll be passing on the TSV though, recently got a new Mally Kit on her last visit with plum coloured eyeshadows and stuff which I'm very happy with. :wave:

Still my all time favourite is cheap as chips Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer in the lipstick type tube. Just seems to work for me.

I think I'll be passing on the TSV though, recently got a new Mally Kit on her last visit with plum coloured eyeshadows and stuff which I'm very happy with. :wave:

Cricky, do they still do this? I remember this from my teens!

Hee hee! Yep they do - been using it since I was 13 (am now 31) and it really is the best by far for me :nod:

31???? a mere babe - I too used it at 13 but I'm 53 now! Lots of girls I went to school with used to use it on their lips to block them out - very scary look. Got me thinking now - it's the same look you get when you put LG lip spackle on your lips. Hmmm, is that where she got the idea for it from:giggle:

Latest posts

Back