Genie Instant Line Smoother

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Daisygirl

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone :)

I was wondering about this as I need a LOT of help around my eyes, just starting getting a few lines and I have quite bad bags and dark circles (sound lovely don't I? lol), it's hereditary really.

I bought a bottle of Eyesential through a website (only wanted 1 to try and it was cheaper on this website), and I reacted really very badly to it. I thought I would be safe with it as I don't normally react to ANYTHING I put around my eyes! so I was very disappointed. I was wondering really if this works in a different way to Eyesential, plus the fact of course I could send it back if I reacted to it. I also didn't add to the equation the fact that you can't use an eye cream with the Eyesential - that's not good either!! I think I may be resigned to using concealers though under my eyes and just put up with it!

I would be interested to hear how people have got on with this and if it would be worth trying, thanks! x

Hi Daisygirl :hi:

I've tried both Genie and Freeze 24/7 and found them to be absolutely useless. Personally, I wouldn't waste your money.

Thanks BizzieLizzie, xx, the reviews look a bit hit and miss as well, :down: don't think I'll bother! :sun:

Don't bother, Daisy, completely useless has no effect at all.
Same with the Freeze stuff.

Hi Daisy, I have similar issues mostly with dark circles and trust me I have tried nearly everything (cheap and expensive) - nothing makes any actual literal reeel difference. I'm currently using a Clarins eye cream and although I love their products I honestly don't think it's doing anything. You hit the proverbial nail on the head it's hereditary and I think concealer is the best thing for us despite what bossy boots Alison may say.

Hi Daisy :hi:

For the money I would not waste it on those products as they do nothing to improve the skin around the eyes.

Something that could work for you (although not sold by QVC) is a microcurrent treatment.
Not all beauty salons do this but worth a go if you can find one.

Microcurrent (also known as 'Non surgical face lift') is a safe and relaxing treatment using a low frequency microcurrent to stimulate and strengthen muscle fibres. It's not painful but you will feel a slight prickling/tingling sensation.
The current increases circulation and oxygen to the area. It speeds up lymphatic flow draining away toxins, it also has a lifting effect on eyebrows and overhanging lids and refines wrinkles making them less visible.
I have done this treatment on clients with dark circles and eye bags with great results.

Most salons do a whole facial (including eyes and neck) or there may be just an eye treatment available.
There are contraindications to this treatment but most salons do a free consultation to see if you are suitable anyway and work out a treatment plan. Worth looking into.

Hope this helps :sun:

Strange thing about Genie. I bought it and used after skincare routine, as stated. Could not see any difference and asked what OH thought. He said it was rubbish and I tried it out on his skin (he is older & more weathered:wink:). The difference was really good.
If anyone still has any, will you try it on plain washed skin (no moisturizer) it does seem to work. Then when you put foundation over it, it seems to remove it all!
So, If you can manage without your skin routine and make-up (which will make you about 16 in my book) it will be ok:giggle:

Strange thing about Genie. I bought it and used after skincare routine, as stated. Could not see any difference and asked what OH thought. He said it was rubbish and I tried it out on his skin (he is older & more weathered:wink:). The difference was really good.
If anyone still has any, will you try it on plain washed skin (no moisturizer) it does seem to work. Then when you put foundation over it, it seems to remove it all!
So, If you can manage without your skin routine and make-up (which will make you about 16 in my book) it will be ok:giggle:

I have heard that oils in makeup and creams will not allow these eye products to work. So, over or under makeup with oil base it will be counterproductive. You don't hear this on all demos.

as most have said, save your money - or put it towards a really good concealer. I am amazed they still sell Genie, nasty stuff

I would save your money and buy YSL touche eclat (unsure about spelling)

I have olive skin am in my 30's and at the moment only have dark circles when I am tired, I use this and think it really works. I know you can buy cheaper alternatives to this product but I have never thought there were as good as the original

Thank you for all your replies :wave:, I thought I lost my YSL Touche Eclat which I bought from Cheap Smells, then I found it again after having a rummage through an old make up bag - yay! Think I will stick with this, it seems to cover up the nasties even better than my MAC fluid one! Will look into eye treatments though - must see what my local College offers :)

Latest posts

Back