How do they get away with it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
Selling over priced goods you can buy cheaper on the High Street?

Slazenger men's watches are only £5.99 in B&M in our town and yet they are pushing them for £7.99, plus the rip off p&p on situps!!

This Christmas the price hype masquerading as a bargain has been more noticable than ever. Especially the 'You are getting this for less than we paid' Yes, maybe but that is without adding the postage isn't it?

Slazenger men's watches are only £5.99 in B&M in our town and yet they are pushing them for £7.99, plus the rip off p&p on situps!!

This Christmas the price hype masquerading as a bargain has been more noticable than ever. Especially the 'You are getting this for less than we paid' Yes, maybe but that is without adding the postage isn't it?

I think it's because they're not bothering to price match as most of the stuff they sell isn't widely available elsewhere. They buy job lots of ends of ranges, bankrupt stock from various places and of course they have their own "exclusive stuff". I don't know what B&M is, but I can say I've only ever seen the stuff the sit ups are selling in outlet stores like TK maxx, they are selling the stuff cheaper than the original price, but probably that item hasn't been stocked in the mainstream high street for years, if ever. I just don't think it would be viable for them to check prices as so much of the stuff they sell is so random, and like I say possibly stocked by the likes of Tk Maxx, but it would be impossible to check,as their stock is also very "random". Some of the make up and perfumes I have to say are bargainous, but as you say, you've got to take the p&p into consideration before you decide whether it's worth having. They only get away with it, if you buy it!

are they supposed to be the cheapest place in the UK for absolutely everything they sell? surely thats impossible and not something i have ever heard them claim!

At the end of the day an item is only worth how much you are willing to pay for it. Sit up chanels hardly have your hands up you back making you hit the buy button, so its all down to the price your willing to pay.

Latest posts

Back