ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mature Black Bamboo Perennial Shrub in 12 Litre Pot
Item Number:559995
QVC Price £21.75
While Stocks Last Price £17.97
Availability In stock
UK P&P £5.45

Create a fabulous focal point to your garden with this black bamboo (Phyllostachys Nigra) shrub. This wonderfully statuesque plant has arching green canes that turn deep black in their second or third year. It's a non-invasive variety, and can be grown in a half barrel or large pot. Supplied as a well established plant in a 12 litre pot. This perennial plant will return year after year and reach a mature height of 3m (10'). The bamboo prefers a sunny or partially shaded position. Direct despatch: UK only. Please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery.

Warning! I have a black bamboo in a half barrel and it has taken about 5 years for the stems to look really black.

It is now enormous and about to split the barrel so will have to be divided soon.

I have a very small garden and would not risk planting this - or the other green leaved bamboo that I have in the ground.

I have a black bamboo and it put on 17 new stems this year.

Unfortunately the wind is beating the hell of it this year so the new ones have been damaged. However its still rather nice. Stems take a couple of years to turn black.

My mum wants a bamboo, are they good?

I have warned her if she gets one she might end up over run with Panda's :D

I ordered one of these mainly because bamboo is very difficult to kill off. My kind of plant. :D :pPC:

I vowed not to spend anymore mney with QVC after ahving succombed to the Philosophy TSV but am wondering about getting two of these as I've the perfect spot for them. Wonder if the chickens would eat them though:rolleyes:

Warning! I have a black bamboo in a half barrel and it has taken about 5 years for the stems to look really black.

It is now enormous and about to split the barrel so will have to be divided soon.

I have a very small garden and would not risk planting this - or the other green leaved bamboo that I have in the ground.

Good advice Snuffles,
We have lovely neighbours and have had to ask them to cut their bamboo right back as it was growing through our fence & lifting the drive. They also paid for some of our fence to be repaired. We felt awful. The family round the corner from us have had to hire a huge digger to rid themselves of their bamboo which they found had spread uncontrollably when blockpaving their drive. It's a beautiful plant but can be a nightmare.:eek:

The woman next door (the one who massacred my bush :YIKES: :mad:) has bamboo rampaging all over her back garden and it always got under the dividing fence and was a damn nuisance. It's too tough to pull out by the roots :eek: so periodically I pour really vicious systemic weed killer down the gap on my side which kills the feckin stuff off.....don't know what it does to the bamboo on her side and I really don't care. :p That'll teach her to mess with MY BUSH. :SUE: :pPC:

If your bush has grown again and needs a trim i love a bit of lady gardening.

What ?

The woman next door (the one who massacred my bush :YIKES: :mad:) has bamboo rampaging all over her back garden and it always got under the dividing fence and was a damn nuisance. It's too tough to pull out by the roots :eek: so periodically I pour really vicious systemic weed killer down the gap on my side which kills the feckin stuff off.....don't know what it does to the bamboo on her side and I really don't care. :p That'll teach her to mess with MY BUSH. :SUE: :pPC:

Don't miss - you'll end up with a BURNING BUSH (wonderful Autumn colour!);):D

A professional gardener told me sodium chloride would sort it out but i was too chicken:eek:

I like the look of bamboo but would be a bit scared to plant this in my garden in case it took over, I prefer my lovely dwarf bamboo that at 9 years old is still only 2'6" high and I haven't managed to kill it yet which is a miracle for me, I couldn't even manage to grow Sweet Peas or Sunflowers this year although I must say my Fuschias are looking beautiful but then they are tough as old boots.

Our sweetpeas all drowned in the rain but the fuschias have done vey well here too.

Latest posts

Back