Solar Powered Lampost

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dealornodeal

Registered Shopper
Hi everone

Im in a bit of a quandry. I ordered this Solar powered Lampost the end of last month, and it never arrived. I contacyed QVC, and they sent me out a letter so they could take it up with the courier! They sent me out another one on the 16th of this month, and again I have not received the item!

I phoned QVC up this evening and suggested they contact the police, and they suggested that I did it. Ive had a few items go missing since we moved 2 years ago.:mad:

What would you do?

I think you need to talk to the courier by phone and explain the situation - are you missing their deliveries or are they putting it outside your front door and it's getting nicked? Surely the courier has a record of deliveries.

I think you need some more details before you involve the police. You need to contact the courier and check that the items were actually delivered to you, when they were delivered and if possible where they put them.

As you having quite a lot of problems with items going missing, can I suggest you have a look at getting one of these... they are fabulous, we have one on the side of the house so that RM can leave parcels as we live 15 minutes from the depot and it's much easier for us for them to leave them in the safe.

I can't see that the police would take any interest whatsoever in a few missing parcels and why should they. :rolleyes: Did QVC send you a disclaimer to sign for the second missing one and surely it is slso their resposibiolty to contact the courier as well?? Did you find out who the carrier was btw?? :pPC:

I can't see that the police would take any interest whatsoever in a few missing parcels and why should they. :rolleyes: Did QVC send you a disclaimer to sign for the second missing one and surely it is slso their resposibiolty to contact the courier as well?? Did you find out who the carrier was btw?? :pPC:

I agree, I can't see the police being too interested and also QVC should be taking it up with the carrier, it is their responsibility to find out why items are not reaching a customer.

I know from past experience that it is the responsibility of the person/company who sent the item to prove that they sent it and NOT the recipient to prove they have or not recieved it.

When a parcel goes missing the onus is on the sender to initiate the trace of its whereabouts, not the recipient! The most you should have to do is sign a form to confirm that you have not received it.

Hi everone

Im in a bit of a quandry. I ordered this Solar powered Lampost the end of last month, and it never arrived. I contacyed QVC, and they sent me out a letter so they could take it up with the courier! They sent me out another one on the 16th of this month, and again I have not received the item!

I phoned QVC up this evening and suggested they contact the police, and they suggested that I did it. Ive had a few items go missing since we moved 2 years ago.:mad:

What would you do?

I ordered a set of lock and lock. Came home to a parcel net note through the door saying the parcel was in the recycling bin - it wasn't. The parcel net note was not dated or timed and it had no phone number on it. I refused to sign the QVC letter saying I would support them in any dispute with the carrier. I told them the contract I made was with them - and if they chose to subcontract the delivery to a tin pot company that was up to them. I requested a refund - don't forget to make sure they give you the p and p - and also for the stamp that I had to put on their return letter.
I will now not order anything that I think will not be Royal Mail delivery.

I have much more problem with RM than with ParcelNet. RM don't leave cards on some occasions, on others they don't tell me I have multiple parcels - and then only give me 1.

The daily postman wants me to complain about the parcel postman because he doesn't knock just leaves parcels on the doorsteps on other occasions.

Its a guessing game for me on what will happen next.

Parcelnet always leave a card with the number of parcels, always knock and always check that I got the parcel when she sees me the next time.

Well, today is the last day for delivery of the Solar Lamp. Ive emailed Customer Services 4 hrs ago, and still not had a reply. I will phone them later.

I havent got the phone number for the couriers, so I cannot get hold of them.

I never had this trouble with coriers, when we lived in kent. Its only since we moved back to Hants!

as far as i'm concerned, if i havent signed for it, i havent received it. if QVC want to use couriers who leave thinsg hanging around for anyone to nick then its their stoopid fault.

i live in an apartment block, and no one apart from the postman can access the foyer to leave anything. there have been times when ive come home to find parcels from QVC left - not signed for which means the courier has buzzed another apartment and asked to be let in. and there have been times when ive been buzzed from the front door and the courier has said "just open it and ill leave it in the foyer for you"

its very slack. and almost tempting to teach them a lesson by keeping the stuff and telling them it never arrived.

They have found out that its still in the Couriers Depot. 11 Days after QVC dispatched it.. I wonder if the original one is still in there, unless it went "walkies"!

For all that QVC charge for delivery they shoud be able to make sure that it is delivered both on time and in good condition,I have had to return several items that have arrived so damaged that they where unusable, the first time customer service where fine but they have been a bit "funny" over the others. but I have managed to get a prepaid label to return the goods.

Latest posts

Back