Rocks is Dead, Long Live Gems?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I

iclaudipuss

Guest Shopper
Are they just experimenting this evening or has Rocks now finished? Gems seems to be the only one broadcasting on either channel.

It could be due to bad weather - short staffed perhaps! Just watched the news, its been snowing since morning.

They had to close Rocks down tonight as they are snowed in and the evening shift could not get in to present.

But the website's changed as well, the online auction part has vanished, but I presume that will be back, since the items go for much higher prices there than they do onscreen, though I think the screen auctions are increasing in price, too. Blue topaz necklace (last 2 in stock for the last 5 months or so...) which usually goes for £74, and has gone during the late shift for £69, and twice for £64, stopped at £149 yesterday, bit of a hike in price for that little beauty. Also a pink sapphire ring which I got for £39 about 3 months ago dropped to £69 and stuck there until it sold. Ze writing is on ze wall, I zink...

Edit: Online auction now back.

The lovely Alan was going to walk to work but then the decision was taken to broadcast only one channel.

So what has happened to Rocks this time? They don't appear to be on air online.

So what has happened to Rocks this time? They don't appear to be on air online.

Not sure but I wonder if it's something to do with the snow? All the presenters on GemsTV have been saying how only a few have managed to get in today. A lovely lady in the call centre told me there's only 5 of them in and they had over 6" of new snow last night.

Not sure but I wonder if it's something to do with the snow? All the presenters on GemsTV have been saying how only a few have managed to get in today. A lovely lady in the call centre told me there's only 5 of them in and they had over 6" of new snow last night.

Oh joy more snow, I am thoroughly sick of it!!! :dull:

So is Rocks.tv now officially dead? I clicked on my link (saved in my favourites) and it took me straight to Gems. Even on the Coloured Rocks website, there is a blank space where you used to be able to see what was live on air with Gems and with Rocks. Sorry if I've missed a thread or a post somewhere along the line.

I have to say that, as a customer with Rocks.tv since they started in the summer of 2008, and having spent a not inconsiderable amount there over the years, it would have been nice to have been sent a letter or an email to let me know. I don't tend to watch Gems as I don't have Sky or Virgin so if any announcement was made on air I would have missed it. And, let's face it, who sits glued to hour after hour of tv auctions where you are subjected to screaming, frenetic presenters?

It strikes me that there has been a cavalier attitude to the very customers who were instrumental in helping the Bennetts put their master plan into action.

Hi Perdita :wave: Yes rockstv is no more. Its now coming back in the new year as gems extra I think! There is a thread about it some where.

I am just so gald I stopped buying when I did!!

So is Rocks.tv now officially dead? I clicked on my link (saved in my favourites) and it took me straight to Gems. Even on the Coloured Rocks website, there is a blank space where you used to be able to see what was live on air with Gems and with Rocks. Sorry if I've missed a thread or a post somewhere along the line.

I have to say that, as a customer with Rocks.tv since they started in the summer of 2008, and having spent a not inconsiderable amount there over the years, it would have been nice to have been sent a letter or an email to let me know. I don't tend to watch Gems as I don't have Sky or Virgin so if any announcement was made on air I would have missed it. And, let's face it, who sits glued to hour after hour of tv auctions where you are subjected to screaming, frenetic presenters?

It strikes me that there has been a cavalier attitude to the very customers who were instrumental in helping the Bennetts put their master plan into action.

Yes they do seem to have just cut Rocks off, it would have been nice if they'd stated what was happening on the website or by sending people an e-mail. I know they are changing it to Gems TV Extra, oh sorry Xtra, but still would have been nice if they'd notified people properly.

On Sky on the Rocks channel they are showing two adverts continuously, one for the Gems sale and one about the change to Gems Xtra, doesn't make riveting viewing!!!! :giggle:

I agree, there are ALOT of people on here (including much missed former members) who don't know about this change and to not even do a mass email or a link on here is very poor.

I suspect, when or if they do tell us, they will blame bad weather or short staff problems or the festive period for this oversight, which tends to be the usual line of defense.

this is like deja vu - think back to this time last year - rocks loyal and long standing customers were treated like mushrooms whilst they switched to sky. Now once again there is a cavalier atitude to us. I have hung around too long...... I have been watching tjc of late and seen some fab bargains - prices seem more attractive there than Rocks - I didnt think I would ever say that. Watching Gems recently - the sale which features higher prices than same items a few months ago, the vain attempts to convince us its a genuine falling auction - I find tjc a whole lot more of an honest outlet. How sad - last year I would have come on here a defended rocks to the hilt

I wonder if the weather really has brought this decision forward? The Midlands have been hit the worst this time around and the staff at GemsTV were struggling to get in. On one day they only had 5 in the call centre and the presenters were covering all sorts of shifts. I'm quite sure that they wouldn't close it at this time of year if they really didn't have to.

I believe in business major decisions, like closing a business, is not done on a whim because of bad weather for a week or 2. It is usually thought out and given alot of attention too.
They might have brought the closure of it forward a week or so due to bad weather but they should have had the foresight to let longstanding loyal customers who helped them by buying their purchases from the very beginning that they were closing it or rolling it all into one.

Just to cover the floor abit here also: if people start to say, but no other business has to contact all the shoppers, no other business choose to come on here and no other business used too or still does communicate with their customers on here. They choose to do it and then to leave their loyal customers from here in the lurch speaks volumes.

I predicted it ... Nearly

Did I hear right that Rod is going back to Gems? I wonder why that is. I also wonder if rather than loosing the Gems Brand, could it be possible that Rocks TV becomes GemsTV 2? Saved being similar to Rocks & Co.

Please, if Steve or Sarah are reading this, can you be the first shopping channel to have an HD version? Make your sparkly things even more sparkly :)

PJ

Taken from ... http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-22342.html

PJ

Latest posts

Back