pink coated diamonds/scarlett diamonds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leila73

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone.... wonder if anyone can help/advise. I have seen 2 pendants on gems.tv site and im in 2 minds whether they are worth the money they are at. I'm not a gem expert, i tend to buy something I like the look off however I would like to buy some pieces which i can enjoy, has value and I can hand down to my neice. I have never heard of scarlet diamonds ??? plus i dont know whether pink coated diamonds should be avoided at all cost as im not sure if the colour will remain the same or if it will 'plastic'. Any advice would be much appreciated

Coated diamonds are not exactly worthless as they are real diamonds (usually not a high quality) but they have then been "coated" to give them the look of coloured diamonds. You do need to take care of these diamonds because over time the coating can scratch off as it's only a coating on the surface unlike other treatments that go right through the gem. They are most definitely not valuable gemstones unfortunately. Let's say they are I1 in clarity (as most of GemsTV diamonds are) and then coated, their price should be about the same and perhaps less than the same item with plain white diamonds. Just a FYI, I1 clarity diamonds are not good quality and will never hold their value.

Are they heirlooms? NO. Most jewellery isn't which many people find surprising. Only top quality items or very rare items (that you have to spend a lot of money on to get in the first place) may hold their value - then again they may not!

If you feel the price is right for a piece of jewellery for you to wear and enjoy then buy it. From memory the GemsTV prices for coated diamonds is ok. If you are looking for something that will increase in value and become an heirloom then pass it by as this won't happen (sorry).

thank you.... i was worried that the colour would fade over the years and wouldnt have any sparkle to it.

I would assume that it will fade over the years - especially if exposed to perfumes, hairsprays, soaps etc. However, the coating will definitely wear away over the years.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back