Oh WOW did you see ..... ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
The most amazing Tanzanite Rhapsody ring? As an ex-collector of Tanzanite, it takes a HUGE amount to impress me but this was truly sensational. The play of light was outstanding and you could see blues, greens, teals, pinks, purples - oh WOW!

It didn't sell during the auction but somebody phoned in straight after and Vicky announced it had been sold. A very lucky new owner I think! It sold for £2,999.

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=724103&ISFPC=true

Yes I saw it Meesh but I don't like HUGE centre gems flanked by 2 tiny (in comparison) diamonds because they look so out of proportion to me. TJC have been selling tanzy rings like this almost daily over the last few weeks and previously went through a phase of selling huge Kunzite and Diamnond Rhapsodys of the same design and scale (size wise not cwt) and tbh I think they look vulgar, but that's just me being critical because I prefer more balanced designs. I'm still hoping to find a lush Martha Rocha of about 8.5ct flanked by two decent sized diamonds, 0.50 would be acceptable. I ordered this in October and sent it back because the proportions didn't appeal to me.
mysmilie_55.gif

I know what you're saying Sue and I was surprised that the trilliants were only .10ct each but it didn't look unbalanced. I know some rings do and agree that it can look odd. The central stone also didn't look 8ct so I'm assuming it was deeply cut (will go back and look at the stats). What struck me was the quality of the Tanzanite rather than the design. The actual Tanzy itself was superb and that was what struck me most. Some of the bigger stones can be too dark and lack sparkle but this one just sparkled its little head off!

When you say Martha Rocha, do you mean Kunzite? I've not been watching TJC for a while so I'm out of touch!

You might have a giggle at this ...... I bought a Kunzite ring of just over 8ct from Gems many moons ago and it's lost most of its pinkness so the other day I cooked it in my oven to get back the pinkiness! It did work but not as much as I'd hoped but at least it looks pink again now :happy:

You might have a giggle at this ...... I bought a Kunzite ring of just over 8ct from Gems many moons ago and it's lost most of its pinkness so the other day I cooked it in my oven to get back the pinkiness! It did work but not as much as I'd hoped but at least it looks pink again now :happy:

:mysmilie_466: that was very brave! what temperature did you cook it on? :mysmilie_17:

When you say Martha Rocha, do you mean Kunzite? I've not been watching TJC for a while so I'm out of touch!
Yes hon, there's a clicky for a gander. I don't think I'd be brave enough to cook any Kunzite, but then I'm not that well acquainted with my oven. :grin:

Yes hon, there's a clicky for a gander. I don't think I'd be brave enough to cook any Kunzite, but then I'm not that well acquainted with my oven. :grin:

Looks like it's not round to yours for Christmas dinner then? :mysmilie_506:

Thanks Meesh but I'll be okay, M&S has done most of my cooking. :grin:

Photos of before, after and the colour the gold went (cleanable luckily for me)! Cooked Kunzite is the 8ct one on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back