Advice needed please!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jonnyboy

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas!
I thought I'd just buy something as I'd watched long enough, and it's a shame it's getting more and more confusing, and annoying by the day!

I made my first purchase online (on Thursday), and placed a £50 bid on the AWT Pan Set to close today, this PM.
I received my email thanking me for my bid (after I placed it on Thursday), and that I would receive an email after the auction closed confirming the status of my bid.

Earlier, the auction closed on TV at about half 4, at £34 odd, so I assume I got the item. I went to the product page and sure enough there is name on the board.

I've not received any email yet to confirm I have it, my account shows nothing...
So I have just now phoned CS and the girl I have just spoken to said that my order had already been dispatched as of yesterday(?) and it was already on it's way.... why? - and am I being messed around already?

Secondly, even when registering my details online, on Thursday, I had 4 failed attempts via bid.tv, like the page wouldn't load so it timed out type thing, so I went to price-drop and registered first time there, and received the email to confirm my e-address. Then blow me only to be contacted by my bank's automated fraud protection line yesterday morning (Friday), which informed me that there was "unusual activity" on my account...the list of previous transactions read something along the lines of 4 individual transactions of £1 through Situp.tv... I can only think that I was charged for each of those failed attempts at registering...yet I thought registering was free??

Can someone please advise what the heck I'm doing wrong... or what I don't know.
Kinda got Mum's (albeit late) xmas present on the go here, which looks more and more unlucky.

Edit: phoned again 15 minutes later as I wasn't convinced, and spoke to somebody else.
She said that I wouldn't receive a confirmation email until the item was dispatched (correct?) But she confirmed that I successfully bid for the item none-the-less. Did the last operator just get confused? Or am I just being told different stories?
Des your account not update until the item has been dispatched and payment has been taken, I'm surprised there is nothing to say what item's you have successfully bid for anywhere in the account.

Last edited:
Customer services are rubbish lately.
I have had the same problem with no email confirmation for the last few items i bid for and like you had to call them to make sure i was actually getting the item.
It seemed to me they despatched the item immediately after i had called as it arrived 2 days later.
I told them that it is not on that we have to call them to find out if our bid was successful or not as it doesn't show on our account. She said it would be looked into but obviously it hasn't so far...

Usually if you bid, once the auction closes, you will get a confirmation email (not all the time), and once it has been despatched, you should recieve an email saying it has.

The page online, showing transactions, gets updated every 24-48 hours, so it wont automatically upload straight away. (I ordered something last mon, and it arrived friday, but it still says it hasnt been despatched online, but I did get the confirmation email)

Customer service for Sit-up has always been good for me, and they have always been polite, and understand what they are doing as far as I am aware.

I've never had to pay £1 for anything like that, and I'm not sure why they have done it to you. -I'd ask CS why.

Hope you enjoy your time with this company.

Well, I have just checked my account and sure enough the order has been processed!
Fingers crossed it gets delivered soon.

But I'll certainly feedback in an email about the lack of confirmation once the item is safely delivered!
Thank you for your advice, at least I know what to expect when I give it another go!

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back