Savings not what they seem?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

martinjay

Registered Shopper
I've just seen one of bid.tv's promos in which they claim to have sold 8.5 million items during the past year, saving their customers £24million.

Fair enough. However that's a saving of less than £3 per item, which is probably easily covered by their extortionate phone number and delivery charges. :happy:

I've just seen one of bid.tv's promos in which they claim to have sold 8.5 million items during the past year, saving their customers £24million.

Fair enough. However that's a saving of less than £3 per item, which is probably easily covered by their extortionate phone number and delivery charges. :happy:

That is EXACTLY what I thought when the advert first came out about 6 months ago, until I emailed them and looked closer...

It says £24,000,000. Then it says..... ''on big brand names''...... and at the bottom, it says ''On branded products in 2009''

When I emailed them, they said that they cant cound the saving from tommy and kate, or cougar or brands like that, as they are not widely avaliable, so they only counted a minority of products (They told me about 1.54m products)

They said they took the advert off for a while to get it checked over, but it has recently been brought back without changes.

It needs to be more clear, but yeah, the great bargains on Ikasu/PROlectrix/Tommy and kate/Cougar/Akura Etc. don't count for a penny!

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back