Sale or clearance? Plus my own opinion :-D

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
Firstly, I lost all interest in RocksTV when it became obvious they were liking all the good opinions on here but were less than happy when it came to bad mistakes from their business.

I did think it was very unprofessional of the managers to be posting on here and to be having that much contact with customers. This is something they probably regret themselves looking back on it.
However, that was their decision to make and to now not post at all blaming 'some peoples opinions or feedback' is even less professional.
Presenters posting is one thing but managers is completely different.

They could, quite easily, contact Graham, if they feel it required a response, ask for a thread to be made into a sticky then close it OR they could have just done a thread stating 'we welcome all feedback, good and bad, please email us at *******', then sticky it and close it. That would have been the professional thing to do, if they wanted honest feedback from customers on here, instead of individual responses to every complaint or praise customers had.

To not even do a mass email explaining their decision to roll RocksTV and Gems together is even more unprofessional. They could have done a short thread on here, sticky it, close it. That way no-one would have been confused.

Imagine, (and I don't know how this would work since I never ordered anything) you have bought something from RocksTV, then the next day the site isn't there and it loads to GemsTV, I would crap myself. Would I get my order? Would they take the money?

They, as managers, choose to come on here, they choose to respond to individual posts.
If they don't want to post now, because of negative feedback then they really shouldn't have started in the first place.

Sale or Clearance:

Now I never buy from a 'clearance'
This is because I am under the impression that a clearance is getting rid of stock at normal, if not higher, prices.

I do buy from sales.
Sales are goods sold at discounted prices. This means if a necklace normally falls in an auction to £19.89, I would expect it, in a sale, to drop to at least £19.88 or lower!
The previous "normal falling price" should, I expect, be indicated next to the "falling sale price"
Like on QVC, when they have a sale, they indicate what the previos price was, then what the sale price is.

Without this, how do you know what the previous price is? How do you know it is a sale auction?

They need to clearly define Sale from Clearance!

Now I may have lost interest in a now closed RocksTV but I wont be ordering from GemsTV until they are more professional. Until people start posting postive reviews.
That could take a year or more.

I mean, I cannot even log into my account and when I click on "forgotten password" it sends up an error message!

I don't expect a response to this from them by the way. Just my thoughts and I am allowed my opinions since I have spent money with both rocksTV and GemsTV.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the presenters get really surprised when an item goes for the lowest price, well as it is the sale shouldn't be the case automatically?

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see the "sale" is ending early, now ending on Thursday 13th. I saw an item sell today for £17, something which I got for £9 a few months ago.

I see the "sale" is ending early, now ending on Thursday 13th. I saw an item sell today for £17, something which I got for £9 a few months ago.

I wonder if Sarah or Steve Bennett would be kind enough to comment on this, maybe they can now see why we are not trusting of the sale.

PJ

Latest posts

Back