Telephone Numbers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
Has the old Rocks freefone been stopped now?

It grates on me a little when they call the 0845 numbers not premium. Okay they are no 0906 numbers but I am sure BT class both 0845 and 0870 as premium as the company who use them takes a share in the money. Also they are not local numbers they are lowcall numbers a subtle but different none the less as local off peak is I think 2p, a lowcall is 4-6p.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have BT Anytime plan then 0845 and 0870 numbers are inclusive but unless you have that or similar with another company then it looks like calling Gems/Rocks is no longer free.

Freephone Jewellery Maker

Has the old Rocks freefone been stopped now?

It grates on me a little when they call the 0845 numbers not premium. Okay they are no 0906 numbers but I am sure BT class both 0845 and 0870 as premium as the company who use them takes a share in the money. Also they are not local numbers they are lowcall numbers a subtle but different none the less as local off peak is I think 2p, a lowcall is 4-6p.

PJ

Hi PJ,

The only channel I can see left with a freephone no. is Jewellery maker that is still... 0800 6444 655..but is it safe and for how much longer is anyone's guess, as we've witnessed a whole lot of changes already..

Hopefully Sarah will clarify and still carry on posting here to inform us all if she reads this thread, as it was stated it was just a name change.. Rockstv became GemsXtra, so why change the freephone no. my thoughts are that with all the changes and chat gone too maybe there is not as many tuning in now, so had to change the phone no...(Just my thoughts)..

Mirabelle

Hi PJ,

The only channel I can see left with a freephone no. is Jewellery maker that is still... 0800 6444 655..but is it safe and for how much longer is anyone's guess, as we've witnessed a whole lot of changes already..

Hopefully Sarah will clarify and still carry on posting here to inform us all if she reads this thread, as it was stated it was just a name change.. Rockstv became GemsXtra, so why change the freephone no. my thoughts are that with all the changes and chat gone too maybe there is not as many tuning in now, so had to change the phone no...(Just my thoughts)..

Mirabelle

Maybe they will say because the channel number was changed the old freefone number would look wrong but I am sure most would prefer a free call rather than that. Was GC free call?

Maybe they will say because the channel number was changed the old freefone number would look wrong but I am sure most would prefer a free call rather than that. Was GC free call?

Gem Collector had the 0845 50 50 656 number. So, its not new to the company and made sense as Rocks and Gem Collector merged and was rebranded at the same time as Gems TV Extra

I'm pretty sure that if you were to look back, all the jewellery channels had the equivalent of 0845 numbers. It was only when RocksTV went live that they had a freefone number and this was out of the ordinary. Welcomed by buyers of course and a shame it's gone but I guess that's just a way of cutting back costs.

This info was posted back in October. Hopefully the DDI numbers (normal phone numbers) behind the non-geographic numbers haven't changed - but for those of us with inclusive landline/mobile minutes - hopefully they will prove useful!

#4 05-10-2010, 05:41 PM
JohnBennett

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Loobi

The numbers behind the 0800 and 0845 numbers are 01527 406180 (for Rocks), 01527 406181 (for Gems) and 01527 406182 (for Jewellery Maker).

Kind regards

John