What are they doing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Firstly can I wish you all a Happy New Year. I haven't been about for a few weeks as I landed up in hospital for 6 days at Christmas with Pneumonia and Flu thanks to having a suppressed immune system!

Anyway, over the last couple of days I've had a wee look at TJC and it appears to me that they've dropped the clock and reverted to taking ages to sell anything! Not only that but what is the deal with showing how many have sold rather than how many are for sale? For a while now I've been thinking they've been losing the plot but now I now for sure that they have!

By the way, I may have missed it being posted, but has anyone seen this:-
http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2010/9/Channel-5-Broadcasting-Ltd/TF_ADJ_49061.aspx
Obviously there's no mention of who the presenter was but I'd bet it was Liz Fullofherself. I've often thought it was only a matter of time before the ASA would be involved in her constant 'High Street' and 'Covent Garden' comparisons. Only thing that surprises me is that Chloe Cole Breton Marshall hasn't been caught out yet!

Rarely watch TJC Klos so can't really comment but just wanted to say it's good to see you posting again and hope you're feeling a whole lot better now.

I never forget when Liz's website she was talking about getting asked to do Quiz Call and saying she "held out for more money". I dunno if she was joking or not but for me that is all I needed to know about her.

PJ

Hi Klos :wave:

Happy new year to you too. Hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Sorry can't help you as I don't watch TJC. Its just the web for me! Missed/falling and rising auctions!!

Hiya Klos!! :flower:I've wondered where you were, I'm sorry to hear you've had such a crap time and I hope you are fully recovered hon. This new format has been in place for a couple of weeks but isn't really working imho and now I've noticed a couple of the presenters are actually stating how many pieces they have in an auction so TJC might just as well go back to their old format which worked well. The clock thing is also annoying as it seems totally random as to how long an auction will last, if no interest is shown they pull it quickly or if a cheap item is selling in dozens they drag it out.....:sleepy: so no consistency at all. :headbang: Also they don't display the text number now and it was announced there would be no requests or picture auctions, but that's incorrect as well because people are still texting in and asking for stuff and they are doing it.... So major confusion all round :taphead: and I hope they sort themselves out and decide on the auction guidelines and ****** stick to them, and then we'll all know what's meant to be happening. :thinking:

Hiya mate - glad to see you back. Pants news about you being ill. Hope you're back to your normal self again sweetie?

I agree about the new look/auction for TJC. I was watching on the web for a few minutes yesterday and wondered if my laptop have frozen because I was looking at the same auction for about 100 years. It can't be good for sales? The only thing that's good is the buy it now price - a bit like Ebay. At least you know it's not going to drop further. Not sure whether I like it or not. Perhaps if there were X in the auction and it closed quicker it might be less like watching paint dry. It can't be good for sales.

In terms of the ASA, AT LEAST a reasoned and informed judgement on their behalf. Just sorry it has to be against TJC in all honesty. Looking at the wording in the judgement I would assume it's one of two presenters, either Vicky or Chloe. Whomever it was, saying a 2ct Tanzanite on the open market is £2,000 is laughable! More like £500 or potentially less! TJC really don't need to spout these potty comparisons because in terms of quality/pricing they blow most of their competitors out of the market anyway!

Latest posts

Back