Presenter Nails

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
Can somebody please tell me what this latest nail fad is all about?? Why do some presenters (mainly Chloe and Stacey) have a gap between where the nail polish is applied and their cuticles?? Not only does it look stupid (imho) but when it starts to wear off or grow out it looks really manky. A horrible look, what happened to lovely elegant natural nails?? :thinking: Not a good screen shot example below but the best I could capture.
PresenterNails.jpg

I agree ~ it's a horrible look. It probably makes the application easier, but it just looks tacky and unfinished. Either do them properly or not at all.

Sorry Sue I am guilty of that too. I always leave a gap all around the nail. I always have!

I am sure I have heard beautician says its for the nail to breath!! I could be wrong.

But your polish is always immaculately applied BB and tbh I've never noticed the gappy bit on yours. :blush:

Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a colour coordinated freak but I also think they need to wear either a clear polish or even a pale pink like Vicky Brown - yes I am giving her a compliment! Some of the colours Screaching Stacey and Chloe Cheryl Cole Breton Marshall wear do nothing for the jewellery. IMHO they clash with a lot of the coloured gemstones and do nothing to enhance them.

Eeeek I'm an offender too! I find that when I put on my nail varnish I take it as close as I can to the cuticle BUT I normally stop just before. If I don't, some can get on the cuticle and then looks awful. It drives me bonkers not having a nice clean line to the cuticle end of the polish. :whew:

Some of the colours Screaching Stacey and Chloe Cheryl Cole Breton Marshall wear do nothing for the jewellery. IMHO they clash with a lot of the coloured gemstones and do nothing to enhance them.
I agree. I think they are both trying to be edgy with their nail colours and wear very similar colours, as if they are in competition with each other. :wink: I wonder if there is a bit of rivalry going on...the Old Favourite up against the Young Pretender...?? :smirk:

I agree with everthing that's been said some of the colours are absolutely awful and do nothing to enhance the coloured gemstone, but my personnel hate is the dreadful thick acrylics with amatuer looking french manicures that look like they've been dipped in Tippex (other brands are available) often with chips even worse where you can see the nail growing through underneath it looks extremely unprofessional when the cameras zoom in so close !

Yes the Tippex Talons are the absolute pits and still seem to be in favour with some presenters even though the look is old hat and very chav. The nicest nails on this channel belong to Noush and Vicki but Elissa had the best of all.

....but my personnel hate is the dreadful thick acrylics with amatuer looking french manicures that look like they've been dipped in Tippex (other brands are available) often with chips
I see the cheap and nasty looking tippex nails
mysmilie_58.gif
are making yet another comeback on TJC with Stacey being the worst culprit again. Why don't they all take a good look at Noush's nails for guidance, and even Chloe.

Latest posts

Back