New format - do you like it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
I read on another thread about the new TJC format and having just watched for 10 minutes I've got mixed feelings.

So, the item drops to the final price and then people come in and bid - leaving the presenter to yack away. However, there is obviously a time constraint BUT there's no clock on the screen. Chloe says things like "if you bid now and open the auction, we'll extend the time of the auction" and "15 seconds to go" and that sort of thing. Not having a clock on show is disconcerting.

Also, there's no mention of how many are available unless the presenter says so. A minute ago whilst selling an item Chloe said there was only 1 left and then suddenly it changed to 2 left (being explained as we've got one in the auction left and we've also got another we can source).

I don't mind this format but it could be vastly improved:

1. Show a clock.
2. State how many are available.

Thankfully the auctions are moving quickly so it's not boring which is a big plus.

However, strangely, I'm missing the falling price side of things and the final price is putting me off because I feel like the items are over-priced. They're probably not but it's a psychological thing I think!

Is it enticing any of you to buy?

Sadly it's making me NOT buy! I've watched a bit of several of the presenters and the length of the auction may be the same (although I don't think it is) but some of the waffling is worse than others and makes the time feel like an age! While they are waiting they are having to find things to say and while some presenters just go quiet for a while others feel they must talk non stop, verging on dodgy ground. I really think they should be cashing in on their superiority over the other channels and they should find a method which makes the auctions short and snappy and keep things moving. They have to forget about this texting in for items and showing items again because someone went to the loo at the wrong time and missed it. They need to capture the viewers interest and stop boring them to tears. Let's face it, Gems TV/Gems Extra just can't compete with TJC on quality and price so they are no threat to them. I also believe the price falling is a waste of time too because it's not a falling auction. They know exactly what price they'll be charging so they should stop trying to con people and just show the item, put the price on the screen, give it a one minute clock then move on or alternatively they should become a REAL falling auction channel - not like Gems TV who claim to be that but clearly are not!

It's a whole mish-mash of different presenters doing different things atm and it's not appealing to me at all. I now watch with the sound off mostly because the endless hyperbole from Chloe Cole/Jolie/Beckham/Breton Marshall and the frenetic gabbling from Screeching Stacey isn't worth listening to imho, and the shouting Barrow Boy I turn off altogether.
mysmilie_58.gif
I will buy if I see something that takes my fancy but that isn't influenced by any auction format or presenter, either I want something or I don't, but the auction and presentation formats are a complete mess now and must be confusing to new viewers. Having criticised various aspects of the workings at TJC I really can't knock their quality (Iliana and Rhapsody in particular) although I really can't get my head round the hideous J Francis Designer (WTF!!) Collection. However, the cherry on top is having the fab Miles at the helm in CS which gives me every confidence that should something go tits up he will sort it out. :nod:

Couldn't agree more about Miles. He's a superb asset for TJC. Not only is he excellent at his job but he's a thoroughly nice man too.

I had it on this morning and they spent over 15 minutes on one item, I actually went off to do something and came back and realised they were still on the same thing!!!! :eek:

Don't like the new format but had already lost interest anyway. My attention span lasts about 2/3 mins invariably staring at something I've seen or similar umpteen times before. Also increased prices play a part

In fairness it's a problem with all the channels at the moment, sign of the times

Love Miles though :heart:

I have honestly had the impression lately that TJC are selling very very little in auctions.
So the change to "sold" as opposed to "quantity left" may be an attempt to entice people to buy if they don't know how many are left. but have seen how many have gone.

Latest posts

Back