Just Unreal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ryan

Registered Shopper
I'm surprised that nobody has ever commented on the fact that Ideal World can't keep the phone number and website address on screen at the same time
Next time you watch have a look.The phone number appears,then vanishes ,to be replaced by the web site address,..and so on..What the hell is that all about?.A shopping channel should never have the phone number off of the screen ,not for a nano second,and besides,how difficutl is it to have the phone number and website address in the same box ,together ,on screen ,all of the time? It's just amateurish and smacks of poor thinking
Maybe they're too embarrased to keep their PREMIUM rate very expensive phone number
showing all of the time.
That is also a big bone ofcontention with me .What a damn cheek charging 20P per minute for the "priviledge" of buying from them particualorly when their closest rival QVC,has a freephone number.Not quite sure what that says about Ideal World put as far as I'm concertned if paints them in a bad light.
How long have they been on air? What is it like 11 years or something? You would have thought that somewhere along the line ,they would have gotten their act together but they never have.

Last edited:
Quite obvious really to why it rotates: it keeps you to the channel that little bit longer! Given that both the phone are both valid sales channels taking up screen estate having both displayed at the same time means clutter. Too much clutter and it distracts from the presentation. It either have a smaller size which leads to legibility problems or have a bigger size and rotation.

As for phone charges, I really can't explain it but if you think thats bad I do happen to know of a church organisation who do use the 0845 number!

Unless you're addicted to buying Karchers, Tom Toms, Ubi Surfers, sewing machines, halogen ovens, 13-in-1 ladders and Actifrys, what else is there from IW?

Apart from craft, it's the same old plastic clothing, plastic hair, Jerome Alexander make-up (as used by only the BEST funeral parlours in the US), naff exercise equipment and crap jewellery that Zsa Zsa Gabor and drag queens would reject for being too OTT.

Apart from craft, jewellery and clothing, there are no real ranges to choose from: the on-air demos are repetitive beyond belief.

I don't know about it being an "Ideal" World; it's more like a Twilight Zone World :devil:

I'm surprised that nobody has ever commented on the fact that Ideal World can't keep the phone number and website address on screen at the same time
Next time you watch have a look.The phone number appears,then vanishes ,to be replaced by the web site address,..and so on..What the hell is that all about?.

(snip)

QVC's phone number and website details crossfade between each other. And Bid TV's website isn't even very obvious on their graphics. That's why people haven't commented on it. Because it's actually quite normal!

Don't you like Ideal World, or something?

Unless you're addicted to buying Karchers, Tom Toms, Ubi Surfers, sewing machines, halogen ovens, 13-in-1 ladders and Actifrys, what else is there from IW?

Apart from craft, it's the same old plastic clothing, plastic hair, Jerome Alexander make-up (as used by only the BEST funeral parlours in the US), naff exercise equipment and crap jewellery that Zsa Zsa Gabor and drag queens would reject for being too OTT.

Apart from craft, jewellery and clothing, there are no real ranges to choose from: the on-air demos are repetitive beyond belief.

I don't know about it being an "Ideal" World; it's more like a Twilight Zone World :devil:
could not have put it better myself very WELL SAID

QVC's phone number and website details crossfade between each other. And Bid TV's website isn't even very obvious on their graphics. That's why people haven't commented on it. Because it's actually quite normal!

Don't you like Ideal World, or something?

QVCs phone number and website crossfade between each other? Well not the channel I'm, looking at.The phone number and website are all on screen together,in the same box.The only crossfading that goes on in that box is between the manned phone line number and Q Cut,and thats a rapid rotation but still in the same box which is always on screen.
Never watched Bid TV.

Don't I like Ideal World or something? Yeah.. "or something"
Saying that, I don't really care for QVC anymore either but at least their presentation is professional.

YOu can never have enough Karchers,Steam cleaners ,UbiSurfers and Actifrys.If for example ,your Actifry goes up in smoke, no worries just call Actifry Central at IW.Whilst on the line you might like to add a multi function ladder to your basket.

Latest posts

Back