Clearance Price Hike

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
I rarely criticise TJC's prices as I generally think they are excellent but on this occasion I have to say something. This y/g full eternity was auctioned this morning by Sara-Lou as the POTS and sold for £949.99
769779.jpg

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/Popups/ViewDetail.aspx?StockCode=769779

On 7/1 the identicle ring but in w/g was sold for £740.99
769780.jpg

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/Popups/ViewDetail.aspx?StockCode=769780

How can TJC justify such a huge price hike on the y/g version, especially in 'clearance'?? :eek:

I know these comparisons are accurate as I bought the w/g version myself on 7/1 but sent it back on 12/1 because it didn't suit the finger I was going to wear it on. If anyone wants to grab a bargain and not feel ripped off....
mysmilie_61.gif

Yes Gc it was very...err *dainty for the price and that's another reason it went home. I feel really gutted for the people who brought the y/g version and it would be great if TJC said on air they had made a mistake on the price and announced the lower one. :wait:

TJC pricing has been very erratic over the past 12 months and there were several examples of a similar nature prior to Christmas. Sometimes you think "that's a bargain" and next "how much!"

As far as their sales/clearance go the prices has often been dubious, suppose they rely on occasional or new viewers rather than the regulars. Not sure there's much logic in that though. :confused:

Well I'll be glad when this sale/clearance ends and the prices can go back down. :rolleyes:

P.S. Stacey was variably calling it a sale or a clearance but isn't there a legal definition of *sale* prices?? Isn't there a (legal) difference when you can use these terms?? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the price cannot be termed a *sale* price unless 'it' had been on sale for 40 days :mysmilie_506: at a higher price?? Or have I dreamt that?? :doh:

Last edited:
Well I'll be glad when this sale/clearance ends and the prices can go back down. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath!

P.S. Stacey was variably calling it a sale or a clearance but isn't there a legal definition of *sale* prices?? Isn't there a (legal) difference when you can use these terms?? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the price cannot be termed a *sale* price unless 'it' had been on sale for 40 days :mysmilie_506: at a higher price?? Or have I dreamt that?? :doh:

Call me a cynic but isn't this an age old practice – prices went up everywhere in November/December. No doubt some of it so they could say they were absorbing the VAT rise for a while!!

Ahem, we're not all one stone short of a carat!!

I know the details are the same if you look at the product codes but in the pictures there's quite a difference. Look at the inside of the shank. The w/g version is thicker and less hollow. The sides of the ring also look different but it's difficult to say for certain because the photos aren't good.

Even if they are different, the price difference simply can't be justified for the same weight in gold/diamonds - that's just barmy. The price in any case is very high for a ring with multiple diamonds (even though they add up to 1ct).

I see they sold the white gold one this morning and matched the price of the yellow gold one at £949.
769780 the one you paid £740 for on 7/1!

Disgraceful, nothing but blatant profiteeringl!! :angry:I'm losing trust in them now. :rolleyes:

I also noticed yesterday during the diamond day they had a lot of old stock items/codes, the newest stock is in the 77xxxx but the had item codes in the 3's 4's 5's and 6's some of those are years old and i remember them from the good old days but the prices were hundreds of pounds higher in some cases!
This sold @ £599 and i'm sure a year or 2 ago it was £399 - £499
http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/Popups/ViewDetail.aspx?StockCode=539544
This one was on at £899 and again i'm sure going back a year or 2 it was around £200 lower http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/Popups/ViewDetail.aspx?StockCode=546499
I could go on but i'm boring myself lol

Latest posts

Back