Delivery Arrived

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tabs

Registered Shopper
Well, My delivery arrived with a very stressed looking mr DPD man. Included were a fab selection of goodies, some chunky silver bracelets, necklaces and other bits. The majority were keepers but a few will be going home to Rocks.
Will post up pics of keepers later.

This one, was very excited about, looked a lovely deep colour when aired and i had high hopes for it. In reality its very pale, a "medium lilac" at best, and at £94 is heading home.

This is another return, The design isn't me and the diamonds are a little flat also it seems a bit delicate for me too.

All in all a mixed bag, but some nice keepers to balance the returns.

Shame Tabs, see what you mean about the tanzy being a bit pale.
Is the jewelery on par with Gems TV??? I'm expecting my first delivery today, I'm very excited!!!

Shame about the tanzanite - when it came up last night, someone in chat (I think it was mirabelle) was saying that her ring was paler than expected too:(

Not sure about the diamond ring, I think you're right to return that one.

Look forward to seeing the rest later.

I think today's going to be very interesting, a real 'consumer test' of our Rocks goodies - the good, the bad and the ugly! (not expecting any uglies but you know what I mean.....)

lol at the quick replies

we're obviously hanging out on ST while waiting for the delivery men!

:( hi glad your delivery was early , i feel a bit disappointed for you about the tanzanite i know how excited you were about it and you were a bit apprehensive last night,is it worth asking for a replacement to see if theres any difference ? or will you try a different style? look forward to seeing your keepers bet they are stunners !:)

Hi all, Thanks for the replies. To be honest i'm more than a tad disappointed with the items having to go back. I had very high hopes for Tanzy and also the Diamond ring. I think the darks clouds appeared when Mirabelle mentioned about her Tanzy being quite pale..so different to the colour seen on air. I don't think i'll be trying for replacements, the refunds will cover for last nights necklace, and i'll treat myself to a Rocks Box too!

Anne, I will post up the goodies later, a few i'm sure you might like. Would do them now but still feeling a bit flat tbh.

Mandik.... The jewellery is as good as, if not better than Gems items. I have no concerns re workmanship/quality. More that these two didn't live upto expectations.

I think we are all waiting for deliveries, I certainly am, have about a million pieces arriving!!

Shame about the returns, but I hope there are more that you are keeping! Can't wait to see them.

Where is the delivery man!!! ;)

Oh Tabs, what a disappointment about the tanzy! I went for one last night (£116!) as Steve reassured us it was a fabulous colour despite Mirabelle saying hers was rather pale. After Steve's comments I was hoping hers was a one-off, but it sounds as if they might all be like that. If so, mine too will be winging its way back home. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your haul.

Thanks for posting the pics Tabs.

Was very tempted by the tanzanite ring myself, as it was such a great price (even though I don't usually wear yellow gold! LOL) - I read the comment by one person who already had it, who said it was pale but then someone else (Mathilda, I think) said hers was a violet colour .... I'm so sorry it proved to be a disappointment. :(

It is very difficult to gauge colours accurately on screen - some of the amethysts I've bought (you may notice I have a bit of a "thing" for them! :p) have been much paler than I was expecting from the on-screen pics.

Wouldn't chance buying without the 30 day money back guarantee.

Ooooh my delivery man has just pulled up in his van ......

Ooooh I'm a bit disappointed today also ....

... the amethyst/marcasite bracelet I posted about (with the clasp that wouldn't undo) - well I ordered the matching necklace, hadn't received the bracelet when I ordered and it has EXACTLY the same problem, the clasp wont budge! :(

Also I bought a "cuff" type bracelet (PQ bought one as well) and I have tiny wrists, I can fasten it, just, but I think it might stop the blood flow! :lol
(hope yours is fine for you PQ - very pretty bracelet though)

Some of you were mentioning last night (remember I'm a jewellery virgin!) about an amethyst colour, a pinky one, and one of my pendants is the pinky colour - I didn't know there was such a shade, but the design is gorgeous but not my colour, may have second thoughts, umming and ahhhing at the mo ......

sorry if I'm sounding like a moaning minnie btw! :rolleyes:

Do have some keepers though! :D

Last edited:
Hi Tabs and Jacqualina..Im afraid it wasn't me who said this about the tanzanite...I don't have that ring!!

Could it possibly have been MB as in mummybear maybe.... anyway no worries about mistaking me for saying it!! xx

Such a shame about the disappointments, Tabs! :(

The Tanzanite does indeed look very pale compared with the one shown last night. I wonder whether Tanzy just happens to be a particularly photogenic gem in studio conditions :D ... I sent quite a few back to another place ;) because the colour in reality wasn't anything like I'd seen on screen.

I actually like the diamond ring on your finger .. no good if you don't tho! :) Pity about the diamonds not being up to the mark, what grade are they?

Hope you love the rest of your order and looking forward to seeing some more pics.

Last edited:
Hi Tabs and Jacqualina..Im afraid it wasn't me who said this about the tanzanite...I don't have that ring!!

Could it possibly have been MB as in mummybear maybe.... anyway no worries about mistaking me for saying it!! xx

Sorry Mirabelle if it wasnt you, I think it may have been Mathilda. Sorry again too many M names :eek: :)

Morning all... Shame that you have been a little disappointed Tabs.

I'm impaitiently waiting for an embarassingly large haul :eek:, including one of those tanzy rings. I'll let you all know about the colour when it arrives. I think Steve said that the smaller the stones are cut, the more you lose depth of colour.

I'll reserve judgement until mine arrives!

On another note, I appologised to my delivery man yesterday for the amount of times he's had to climb up my stairs, he said don't worry cos I'm paying his wages - apparently getting paid per delivery! so I just took that as carte blanche to buy more stuff!!! :D

On another note, I appologised to my delivery man yesterday for the amount of times he's had to climb up my stairs, he said don't worry cos I'm paying his wages - apparently getting paid per delivery! so I just took that as carte blanche to buy more stuff!!! :D

That made me just laugh out loud!!!

I don't need any more excuses to buy more

Where is my delivery man? :confused:

Latest posts

Back