PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Arrived

Tabs
27-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, My delivery arrived with a very stressed looking mr DPD man. Included were a fab selection of goodies, some chunky silver bracelets, necklaces and other bits. The majority were keepers but a few will be going home to Rocks.
Will post up pics of keepers later.

This one, was very excited about, looked a lovely deep colour when aired and i had high hopes for it. In reality its very pale, a "medium lilac" at best, and at 94 is heading home.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/tabs_album_photos/tanzanite2.jpg

This is another return, The design isn't me and the diamonds are a little flat also it seems a bit delicate for me too.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/tabs_album_photos/diamond21.jpg

All in all a mixed bag, but some nice keepers to balance the returns.

PearlyQueen
27-08-2008, 10:06 AM
What a shame Tabs hun, hope your keepers are making up for the tanzy and diamond disappointments. Can't wait to see what you've got - after all, I'll probably end up with most of them myself in the end!

mandik
27-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Shame Tabs, see what you mean about the tanzy being a bit pale.
Is the jewelery on par with Gems TV??? I'm expecting my first delivery today, I'm very excited!!!

Jantaculum
27-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Shame about the tanzanite - when it came up last night, someone in chat (I think it was mirabelle) was saying that her ring was paler than expected too:(

Not sure about the diamond ring, I think you're right to return that one.

Look forward to seeing the rest later.

I think today's going to be very interesting, a real 'consumer test' of our Rocks goodies - the good, the bad and the ugly! (not expecting any uglies but you know what I mean.....)

Jantaculum
27-08-2008, 10:10 AM
lol at the quick replies

we're obviously hanging out on ST while waiting for the delivery men!

mariek
27-08-2008, 10:10 AM
:( hi glad your delivery was early , i feel a bit disappointed for you about the tanzanite i know how excited you were about it and you were a bit apprehensive last night,is it worth asking for a replacement to see if theres any difference ? or will you try a different style? look forward to seeing your keepers bet they are stunners !:)

mariek
27-08-2008, 10:13 AM
lol at the quick replies

we're obviously hanging out on ST while waiting for the delivery men!

:eek: lol J yep we are lurking with style and anticipation blow the housework

Tabs
27-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi all, Thanks for the replies. To be honest i'm more than a tad disappointed with the items having to go back. I had very high hopes for Tanzy and also the Diamond ring. I think the darks clouds appeared when Mirabelle mentioned about her Tanzy being quite pale..so different to the colour seen on air. I don't think i'll be trying for replacements, the refunds will cover for last nights necklace, and i'll treat myself to a Rocks Box too!

Anne, I will post up the goodies later, a few i'm sure you might like. Would do them now but still feeling a bit flat tbh.

Mandik.... The jewellery is as good as, if not better than Gems items. I have no concerns re workmanship/quality. More that these two didn't live upto expectations.

the-valleygirl
27-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I think we are all waiting for deliveries, I certainly am, have about a million pieces arriving!!

Shame about the returns, but I hope there are more that you are keeping! Can't wait to see them.

Where is the delivery man!!! ;)

jacqualina
27-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Oh Tabs, what a disappointment about the tanzy! I went for one last night (116!) as Steve reassured us it was a fabulous colour despite Mirabelle saying hers was rather pale. After Steve's comments I was hoping hers was a one-off, but it sounds as if they might all be like that. If so, mine too will be winging its way back home. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your haul.

Sara
27-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for posting the pics Tabs.

Was very tempted by the tanzanite ring myself, as it was such a great price (even though I don't usually wear yellow gold! LOL) - I read the comment by one person who already had it, who said it was pale but then someone else (Mathilda, I think) said hers was a violet colour .... I'm so sorry it proved to be a disappointment. :(

It is very difficult to gauge colours accurately on screen - some of the amethysts I've bought (you may notice I have a bit of a "thing" for them! :p) have been much paler than I was expecting from the on-screen pics.

Wouldn't chance buying without the 30 day money back guarantee.

Ooooh my delivery man has just pulled up in his van ......

Jantaculum
27-08-2008, 10:48 AM
we are lurking with style

too true - already wearing my blue diamond pendant & black diamond earrings 'cos they match the ring that's arriving today (how sad am I:p)

Sara
27-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Ooooh I'm a bit disappointed today also ....

... the amethyst/marcasite bracelet I posted about (with the clasp that wouldn't undo) - well I ordered the matching necklace, hadn't received the bracelet when I ordered and it has EXACTLY the same problem, the clasp wont budge! :(

Also I bought a "cuff" type bracelet (PQ bought one as well) and I have tiny wrists, I can fasten it, just, but I think it might stop the blood flow! :lol
(hope yours is fine for you PQ - very pretty bracelet though)

Some of you were mentioning last night (remember I'm a jewellery virgin!) about an amethyst colour, a pinky one, and one of my pendants is the pinky colour - I didn't know there was such a shade, but the design is gorgeous but not my colour, may have second thoughts, umming and ahhhing at the mo ......

sorry if I'm sounding like a moaning minnie btw! :rolleyes:

Do have some keepers though! :D

Mirabelle
27-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Tabs and Jacqualina..Im afraid it wasn't me who said this about the tanzanite...I don't have that ring!!

Could it possibly have been MB as in mummybear maybe.... anyway no worries about mistaking me for saying it!! xx

fluff
27-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Such a shame about the disappointments, Tabs! :(

The Tanzanite does indeed look very pale compared with the one shown last night. I wonder whether Tanzy just happens to be a particularly photogenic gem in studio conditions :D ... I sent quite a few back to another place ;) because the colour in reality wasn't anything like I'd seen on screen.

I actually like the diamond ring on your finger .. no good if you don't tho! :) Pity about the diamonds not being up to the mark, what grade are they?

Hope you love the rest of your order and looking forward to seeing some more pics.

Tabs
27-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Tabs and Jacqualina..Im afraid it wasn't me who said this about the tanzanite...I don't have that ring!!

Could it possibly have been MB as in mummybear maybe.... anyway no worries about mistaking me for saying it!! xx

Sorry Mirabelle if it wasnt you, I think it may have been Mathilda. Sorry again too many M names :o :)

Marmalade
27-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Morning all... Shame that you have been a little disappointed Tabs.

I'm impaitiently waiting for an embarassingly large haul :o, including one of those tanzy rings. I'll let you all know about the colour when it arrives. I think Steve said that the smaller the stones are cut, the more you lose depth of colour.

I'll reserve judgement until mine arrives!

On another note, I appologised to my delivery man yesterday for the amount of times he's had to climb up my stairs, he said don't worry cos I'm paying his wages - apparently getting paid per delivery! so I just took that as carte blanche to buy more stuff!!! :D

the-valleygirl
27-08-2008, 11:19 AM
On another note, I appologised to my delivery man yesterday for the amount of times he's had to climb up my stairs, he said don't worry cos I'm paying his wages - apparently getting paid per delivery! so I just took that as carte blanche to buy more stuff!!! :D

That made me just laugh out loud!!!

I don't need any more excuses to buy more

Where is my delivery man? :confused:

Tabs
27-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Sorry Fluff, I think the diamonds were SI2 graded.

Mirabelle
27-08-2008, 11:23 AM
:) Tabs no need to apologise, don't give it a second thought!!...your right about the too many M names its easy to get :confused:

Dazgemsking
27-08-2008, 11:27 AM
hi all new pics available:):):):):):)

the-valleygirl
27-08-2008, 11:32 AM
hi all new pics available:):):):):):)

Where Daz?

Beady Belle
27-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Shame about those two rings Tabs, but but I think for the money the tanzy is still a good buy, shame its not to your taste. That's the great thing about buying from a trusted seller, if you don't like it, you can send it back and know there'll be no problems with a refund.

My delivery hasn't arrived yet, one, the citrine necklace was a 'pity' buy, the other the pearls were a 'must have it' buy. I've got another 'pity' buy, citrine earrings, and another 'must have it buy' pearl earrings coming soon.

I've got to stop feeling sorry for Steve when he begs:D
:doggie:

the-valleygirl
27-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Shame about those two rings Tabs, but but I think for the money the tanzy is still a good buy, shame its not to your taste. That's the great thing about buying from a trusted seller, if you don't like it, you can send it back and know there'll be no problems with a refund.

My delivery hasn't arrived yet, one, the citrine necklace was a 'pity' buy, the other the pearls were a 'must have it' buy. I've got another 'pity' buy, citrine earrings, and another 'must have it buy' pearl earrings coming soon.

Feeling sorry for men is what gets us in trouble!

Sara
27-08-2008, 11:55 AM

:lol Well you should be safe for a few days M4G while he is away on holiday - although maybe Carol will plead as well!

Beady Belle
27-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Feeling sorry for men is what gets us in trouble!

Yes, you'd think I'd be immune to a man begging by now - I've been married 30 years this December:laugh::laugh:

fluff
27-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the reply re diamond grade, Tabs. :)

Pick-a-Lily
27-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Such a shame about those two rings Tabs, however I agree 100% with your decision to return them - the Tanzy looks like amethyst, which would be fine if that's what you wanted, but Tanzanite should look 'blue' rather than lilac IMO. I don't like the diamond ring, and I agree it doesn't suit your finger - and it's not your usual style as, from what I've seen, you tend to go for the bold, Boho look with your lovely 'chunks' of quartz etc. The diamond ring looks like something my mum might admire - which immediately puts me off it if you know what I mean. (Sorry, not insinuating you had a lapse of taste, I know too well how easy it is to be seduced by sparkly things at silly prices, and Steve is a silver tongued charmer at the best of times!).
Looking forward to seeing pics of your keepers later.
Long suffering DPD man is due at my place tomorrow with a bag full of stuff, I'm so excited about 'my' diamond band, I am wetting myself, as so far most of the things I've bought are destined for other people!

Beading Belle
27-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree with you Tabs the tanzy is too pale for the price. I like the diamond ring design but it is dainty! Look forward to seeing photos of the keepers bet I would want them all in my collection!:D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
27-08-2008, 12:57 PM
aww what a shame tabs but hope the keepers are well worth it

jacqualina
27-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Sorry Mirabelle, I think it might have been Mathilda. My ring is due tomorrow, so I'll report back about it then.

Mrs James
27-08-2008, 02:25 PM
my kama necklace arrived today and i'm disappointed with it....it's quite short on me which would restrict me putting more charms on and the screwy bits don't work ( the charms slide straight over them ) and they make the chain look messy :( ...and i so wanted it cos it looked great on air. It's come in a great big box too so i don't know how much it will cost to return...

mariek
27-08-2008, 02:37 PM
:( oh dear i know you were looking forward to this , i am expecting the same one as well , oh deary me i'll let you know .. they are bigger boxes but shouldnt cost more i dont think as i wouldnt think thay are that heavy ,ive sent them back before and its cost me no more

Mrs James
27-08-2008, 02:49 PM
hi Marie...did you send things back thru the PO or did you ring the courier number on the packaging ?
I hope you don't think the same as me when you receive your necklace.;)

mandik
27-08-2008, 03:02 PM
My delivery hasn't arrived yet boohooo!! wish there was an account section on the web page so you could find out what has been despatched and so forth!!!!

Sazza
27-08-2008, 03:15 PM
My delivery hasn't arrived yet boohooo!! wish there was an account section on the web page so you could find out what has been despatched and so forth!!!!

Steve & Co are hoping to introduce a system like that soon.

mandik
27-08-2008, 03:17 PM
thanks sazza:)

mariek
27-08-2008, 03:27 PM
hi Marie...did you send things back thru the PO or did you ring the courier number on the packaging ?
I hope you don't think the same as me when you receive your necklace.;)

hi i wait in anticipation.... i normally send mine back special delivery throgh post office, ive never given a thought to phonin the courier wat does that cost ?

Sazza
27-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Delivery guy has been :clap:

Some items for me and some for mum.

For me there is

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=RA194
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=WD423

Peridot pendant is fab, love it!!!!

I think the Tanzanite ring is going back though. It would need to be resized if I was to keep it but in all honestly I am disappointed in the colour of the tanzanite and the amount the gold feels a bit light, I'd be worried one day it would snap so it needs to go home. :(

Mum hasn't seen her items yet but I think she will love them and keep them all, if she doesn't keep them I will!! :laughing:

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=OA284
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=BC448
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=DE495

the-valleygirl
27-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Delivery guy has been :clap:

Some items for me and some for mum.

For me there is

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=RA194
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=WD423

Peridot pendant is fab, love it!!!!

I think the Tanzanite ring is going back though. It would need to be resized if I was to keep it but in all honestly I am disappointed in the colour of the tanzanite and the amount the gold feels a bit light, I'd be worried one day it would snap so it needs to go home. :(

Mum hasn't seen her items yet but I think she will love them and keep them all, if she doesn't keep them I will!! :laughing:

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=OA284
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=BC448
http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=DE495

oooooooooh sazza, lovely items, I wish I was your mother, because you have bought her some gorgeous items there. Shame about the tanzanite, I nearly bid on that too, glad I didn't now.

Sazza
27-08-2008, 03:51 PM
oooooooooh sazza, lovely items, I wish I was your mother, because you have bought her some gorgeous items there. Shame about the tanzanite, I nearly bid on that too, glad I didn't now.

I must confess I am not actually buying the items for mum, she just gets me to bid on what she wants to buy!!!! :laughing:

mandik
27-08-2008, 04:25 PM
woohoo - it just arrived, my first ever purchase.......so pleased with the ring!!!:) looking 4ward to my next delivery tomorrow hehe!!

wibblypig
27-08-2008, 07:39 PM
such a shame that tanzy is not a deeper colour....I would have sent it back too :-(

Nessarose
28-08-2008, 09:16 AM
What a shame Tabs, the tanzy looks pale but pretty anyway. I think we've grown accustomed to more saturated colours and feel we can get the paler colours by buying amethyst at a fraction of the cost.

I do think the diamond looks nice on you though! :D

Sazza
28-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Following on from yesterdays delivery I had another couple of items arrive today.

First up is

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=AA192

Really lovely, nice and weight, good size, is staying here!!! :clap:

Next is

http://data2.rocks.tv/images/products/popup.php?id=UE456

Really beautiful but it just doesn't sit properly, seems out of alignment somehow. Also one of the dark pearls is damaged, has a chunk out of it :(