Welo opal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Anyone else see it? Nice! (Or at least some of them were - others looked cloudy and lifeless.) Similar to the wonderful Mexican jelly opal Gems had a few years ago. Apparently Rocks & Co only had a small amount, but would be nice to see this pop up on some of the other channels too.

Yes, I saw it and some pieces looked lovely. Others looked like half a boiled egg, so I did wonder if it would be hit and miss as to what turned up in your parcel.

Anyone else see it? Nice! (Or at least some of them were - others looked cloudy and lifeless.) Similar to the wonderful Mexican jelly opal Gems had a few years ago. Apparently Rocks & Co only had a small amount, but would be nice to see this pop up on some of the other channels too.

Yes MissMagpie, I watched the show. I am lucky enough to have some Welo opal as a centrepiece in a bracelet. And how mesmerising it is! Strong neon flashes of red and green - simply stunning.

I thought the Rocks & Co pieces looked fabulous - especially the pendants - the prices were good too - Wow!

Welo is a hydrophane opal (my piece goes completely transparent when wet). It is also very soft so I would go for a pendant or earrings rather than a ring. Did you see the earrings? I would have liked to have purchased a pair - they were gorgeous :heart: :heart:

I have a number of Welo Opals. No idea how much they're selling for on Rocks and Co but to give you an idea, I've just bought a 1.25ct one (with phenomenal colour play) for under £20!!! Don't pay through the nose. They're beautiful Opals and the Welo's have become something of a jewel du jour in the past few months. Like all other gemstones though, you'll find good and bad!

Do you have any links for reliable Welo Opal sellers Meesh? I would love to buy a piece or two.

Did you see the earrings? I would have liked to have purchased a pair - they were gorgeous

OK, confession time - they've just arrived in the post! And yes, they are absolutely stunning, at least as good as on TV.

If you really want the earrings, Avid, don't give up! I actually purchased two pairs in order to choose the best (which I always do with variable gemstones like opals), and the others (which were also very nice) are going back today. I'll bet there will also have been people who bought on the web and then didn't check out their baskets, so you could give Rocks & Co a ring and see if they have them in stock; if not, they will in a few days when they receive my return. (Item number 479 149)

Incidentally I also bought a ring, which is nothing like the one shown on air, and is going back. I'm not disappointed, as it was the earrings I really wanted and I'm glad to save my money, but it just goes to show how variable this gemstone can be.

OK, confession time - they've just arrived in the post! And yes, they are absolutely stunning, at least as good as on TV.

If you really want the earrings, Avid, don't give up! I actually purchased two pairs in order to choose the best (which I always do with variable gemstones like opals), and the others (which were also very nice) are going back today. I'll bet there will also have been people who bought on the web and then didn't check out their baskets, so you could give Rocks & Co a ring and see if they have them in stock; if not, they will in a few days when they receive my return. (Item number 479 149)

What a canny thing to do (buying two pairs).

Thanks for the tip-off MissMagpie.

:happy:

Just thought I would share my Welo opal ring and earrings with everybody - I love them!!! (Sorry about crummy photos.)

A word of warning, though, in that this gem can be VERY variable. I actually orderd 3 of the same ring in order to choose the stone I liked best, and the other the other two were much more opaque (though still very nice; I just happen to prefer the clear ones).

Attachments

• Welo opal ring.jpg
    Welo opal ring.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 396
  • Welo opal earrings.jpg
    Welo opal earrings.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 400
Thanks for sharing MissM, they are beautiful.
They had a gorgeous 18k yellow gold Welo Opal pendant from the One Collection the other day. It was quite large, crystal clear with loads of pinprick colours and sparkle. I loved it so much I actually phoned in for it (for the first time for a Once Collection piece), but was too late. Was very disappointed as it looked like my dream opal and I don't think they have anymore, so you did very well to get yours. Wear them in good health.

Very pretty....

Thanks for sharing Miss M, the opals are really glowing with colour, very nice.
Oops I think I just cricked my neck.......:blush:

Anyone else finding the site running slowly, each page is taking ages to refresh?
......slower than a constipated snail.....
madsnail1.gif

Last edited:
I went to a Rock 'n' Gem fair yesterday, wearing my Welo opal ring, and received numerous compliments on it. This included one from a dealer in Welo opal, who asked how much I paid and agreed that the price was very fair.

So well done, Rocks & Co!

Latest posts

Back