P&P Moan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I don't normally have any problems with IW and their service but I recently purchased a couple of small sets of cosmetics items. They charged almost £11 P&P for the order which took an age to arrive and, when it did, was in two tiny little boxes. What did I pay for exactly? Surely both items could have arrived in the same box? As it was, the items were purchased as a gift and they took so long to arrive they had to go back. Talk about adding insult to injury.

They allow 14 days to try but I don't know when to take 14 days from. Is it from despatch or delivery? It wasn't a 'signed for' package, so they'd have no idea how long it took to deliver. I didn't want to risk not being able to return the items. And I didn't want to risk having to telephone CS. I don't wish to sound rude about the people who answer the phones, but it's just useless.

I don't normally have any problems with IW and their service but I recently purchased a couple of small sets of cosmetics items. They charged almost £11 P&P for the order which took an age to arrive and, when it did, was in two tiny little boxes. What did I pay for exactly? Surely both items could have arrived in the same box? As it was, the items were purchased as a gift and they took so long to arrive they had to go back. Talk about adding insult to injury.

They allow 14 days to try but I don't know when to take 14 days from. Is it from despatch or delivery? It wasn't a 'signed for' package, so they'd have no idea how long it took to deliver. I didn't want to risk not being able to return the items. And I didn't want to risk having to telephone CS. I don't wish to sound rude about the people who answer the phones, but it's just useless.

The clock begins ticking when you receive the goods, so you have fourteen days from delivery to return them for a refund.

Also, a lot of people don't realise that they can get the cost of delivery refunded if they return the goods within seven days.

See http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf:

Refunds

The retailer must refund the full amount including the delivery costs as soon as possible after the consumer cancels, and in any case within 30 days at the latest. You cannot insist on the goods being received by you before you make a refund.

Latest posts

Back