Return Shipping for Faulty Goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TrevR

Registered Shopper
I received a Polti Vaporetto Pocket steam cleaner today. I was very disappointed with it, I have had to assume it to be faulty as I am sure Ideal World would not sell a product that is this bad. First press of the trigger to clean a foot stool and it dumped a load of water out with very little steam totally soaking the stool. Tried it next on my microwave turntable, dumped another load of water and very little steam. Third time lucky ? well no! I got about 4 seconds of high pressure steam and then nothing, the tank was empty. SO I got less than 5 minutes total use with less than 5 seconds of high pressure steam.

I have owned 2 Polti steam cleaners in the past and both were excellent, this one is a total load of cr_p.

As I am assuming it is faulty I grabbed the paperwork to see how I return the item. According to the paperwork I read Ideal World were trying to get me to pay for the return shipping. I checked the OFT guidelines and they clearly state that if an item is faulty the supplier has to refund ALL the money you paid including the shipping charges AND they are also responsible for paying the return shipping to them.

I phoned customer services, unfortunately I did not have a translator at hand so it was a bit of a struggle but I did eventually get it across to the customer services agent that I wanted the item collected. This has now been arranged and they are going to collect it on Thursday.

Ideal World should make it very clear on their paperwork that if an item is faulty they will collect it free of charge or refund any postage charges incurred by the customer in sending it back.

Finally I thought I would review it on their site. Seems like they do not like negative reviews as mine has not appeared.

Hi TrevR :wave:

:mysmilie_357: to the forum

Getting through to Ideal World customer service is a nightmare. They don't make it easy.
Hope you soon get your money refunded. I'm afraid the review system is a farce , not exactly honest when they don't allow bad reviews. It's the same with the qvc reviews.
:handshake: :beer:

If I have any reason to return something th IW because it was faulty (I have been known to do so because of sizing issues) I never bother to contact the call centre, I just send things back to Quality Control Dept, Ideal Shopping Direct, FREEPOST, Nate 435, Newark Road, Peterborough, PE1 5BR. I have always been refunded (not P&P) the full price and never had any problems.

If I have any reason to return something th IW because it was faulty (I have been known to do so because of sizing issues) I never bother to contact the call centre, I just send things back to Quality Control Dept, Ideal Shopping Direct, FREEPOST, Nate 435, Newark Road, Peterborough, PE1 5BR. I have always been refunded (not P&P) the full price and never had any problems.

Many thanks for that information I will do that if I ever have to return anything else.

I have found Gareth Parker to be very helpful, quick replies and seems eager to help. Told me to keep his email address in case i have future problems!

Email Gareth Parker and explain it is faulty to him.
[email protected]

Personally i would not be emailing him straight away, CS have dealt with the problem so there is no need to contact him

Im all for doing it later down the line if things have not been resolved but if everyone starts emailing at the start of something going wrong without contacting CS you will find they probably will not help any further

Deanos i understand your point but IW must improve their CS - some customers find it hard to communicate with cs operators due to language/accent barriers and the cost of calls is extortinate usually with no or limited action after the call. Due to this it is necessary to contact a higher power - the gentleman in question must be made aware of the very second rate service that IW are offering particularly when he is benefiting from any profit made - if i was him/her i would want to know so as i could implement improvements quickly in order to maximise profit(thats business). IW had the potential,when it began in 2000, to be a good competitor for QVCUK, Britains biggest and favourite shopping channel since 1994, however after the fire and the demise of the best presenters(imo) Whatters,Lavers and Debs Flint then they have slowly but surely gone down hill re deliveries/non deliveries,returns, non British cs and price of phone calls to mention five reasons. I will be blunt i(and i know many others who) dont trust IW's service but have every confidence in QVCUK's(your direct competitor) service with regard to home shopping - delivery times,easy returns and free phone calls along with a British call centre. I can understand members of the IW staff, studio,warehouse and cs not wanting their CEO being contacted direct but unforunately for the reasons i have stated before customers have no option. IW take note please.I feel better now thank youx A big welcome TrevR i hope you enjoy your time on ST.com.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back