Adina

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Well after reading all your comments about Gems, I thought I'd have a wee look to see what was going on. Not a good start when it was Adina who was on but I decided to watch a couple of items. OK, I lied, I watched one item and that was enough! She was selling a 0.99ct Red Diamond and White Diamond pendant. I couldn't believe when I read the description at the bottom of the screen because I expected to see it was a Garnet pendant! Sorry but the Red diamonds were far from impressible and I couldn't actually see the White Diamonds!! I almost turned the channel when they showed a close up of the item because the inside of Adina's nails just made me boke! They were grotty! She's an attractive woman who appears to take pride in her dress (although some dresses are just a bit too low) and yet she doesn't clean under her nails - yuk! Anyway, just nearing the end of the item she comes out with "You are guaranteed a carat" Eh? now either she made a right blooper or the details on the screen were wrong and what she said earlier was wrong. I can smell the ASA on the horizon!

After watching for a few minutes, sadly I could watch no more and I agree with all the comments regarding Gems being so bad. Sorry but just not for me thanks.

Last edited:
Adina's fingernails are so filthy tonight that I am quite nauseated. To come on air and display items of jewellery with this disgusting and unhygienic appearance, I consider is an insult to customers. I for one would not like to receive anything she has worn.

I'm not happy writing in such strong terms regarding a specific individual, but I feel really offended by this. xxxxxxxxxxx

I can't believe that Adina is allowed on air with grubby nails. This has gone on for years and I can't count the number of threads/posts there have been. You would think the producers would have a word with her wouldn't you? Are they so used to it they don't notice? Do they honestly think it represents a good image?

She also used to have false tan amalgamating around the finger nail area that was absolutely repulsive and made her look permanently dirty. Yuck.

Do you think that maybe she's a laboratory experiment, to discover how many bacteria can be found under a fingernail after it's been used to scrape out the dustbin? xxxxxxxxxx

The only explanation I can think of is that Steve has become such close friends with his staff, that they can get away with anything.
I do like Adina, because although her presenting style (ear and hair touching and flippin ecks) may not be to my liking, to me she comes across as a genuinely sweet person. However, dirty nails are unforgivable as are the awful acrylic paddles that seem to be surgically attached to most of the female presenters at Gems. Whatever anybody thinks of Rocks & Co, take a look at Jerry Lee's (who has become a presenter 10 times better than most at Gems) nails - short and natural, so much better!

Think I might warm to her more if she gave up the faux excitement and fake ( please God)
orgasms. Her nails, however, are impeccable.
Best wishes from Springflower.

Think I might warm to her more if she gave up the faux excitement and fake ( please God)

I'm sorry to disagree Springflower and of course my intention is not to offend, but we really can't be talking about the same person. Her dirty nails have been a source of disgust on this site for for a very long time, and it took a lot of consideration for me to write the post after they were so particularly bad yesterday. There are no doubt a number of things for which she could be defended, but "impeccable" nails?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone remember....

:mysmilie_61:
It was a long time ago, before the 'crash of 08' that we had the thread by MB........'Adina's Nails Aaaaaaaarrrrgh'!
It was a very long and entertaining thread which just goes to show how long the debate about Adina's nails has continued.

And she still hasn't improved..............aaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Hi Argey, good to meet you. I was refering to she "who has become a presenter ten
times better than any at Gems."

Now I really am lost. A Gems presenter ten times better than any other, who also does impressions of "When Harry met Sally"? Maybe there's a vibrating chair, which would explain a lot of the behaviour in general. For me they have all become just one amalgam. I suppose at least Adina is managing to stand out from the rest, though I'm not sure this is the best way. :mysmilie_17: xxxxxxxxxxx

I thought the thread was about Adina...

As to Steve directing his staff in grooming, it's a bit unlikely since the last time I saw him present he had ultra long, ultra dirty nails, which led me to comment that he hadn't had time to clean or cut them after using his hands to tunnel out of Guantanamo Bay following an interrogation in which he refused to admit that tanzanite is not rare, rare, rare. I would hope that he's managed to fit in a quick manicure since then, but if the CEO of a company is so nonchalant about the fact that his grubby, dirty, long nails will be magnified many times on camera, I doubt he even notices the state of his presenters acrylic monstrosities, with the muck of an allotment beneath the tastefully applied plastic. I'm afraid that this was one of the reasons I switched off. If the head of a company is happy to appear onscreen in that way, it suggests to me a contempt for the customers, and a frame of mind that could be described as "As long as they're buying, nothing else matters", and for me, that's a complete turn-off.

Cant watch her. she is like nails down a chalk board for me. its actually making me feel agitated thinking about her annoying iIdiosyncrasies :sweat:

But i am an open minded kind of gal. so if she could do the following i might be able to watch for a while:

- Breath on a regular basis instead of talking until her lungs are completely empty.
- when she does eventually breathe it would be nice if she did it like a human being and not like a cartoon dog which has just chased down a ball!
- not act like Meg Ryan auditioning for a part in holyoaks every time a price changes.
- Buy a nail brush and USE IT!
- Get a manicure!
- Leave her hair alone 'yuk'
- Stop telling such great big whopping fibs all the time!
- Wear more appropriate cloths.

I think thats about everything x

-

Ummmmm.......I think both of Springflowers's posts were referring to Jerilee from Rocks & Co!
Though the first did include an apt description of Adina as well....:wink:

Ummmmm.......I think both of Springflowers's posts were referring to Jerilee from Rocks & Co!
Though the first did include an apt description of Adina as well....:wink:

That's a relief. I was beginning to think it was me going crackers (again). :mysmilie_518: xxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a relief. I was beginning to think it was me going crackers (again). :mysmilie_518: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Never mind pet, we all 'ave our moments.........
Animated_ButterflySmiley.gif
...........got me at first too!
xxxxxxxxxx

Sacha, hi, I was indeed refering to JL of R&C. I think I saw both mentioned in passing in an
earlier thread. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Is Adina Stubbs born Asian?

No she's Rumanian I believe.

By the way folks, am I the last one to know that Adina's about to have a baby? Oh dear, just had an awful thought about what she could have up her nails looking after a baby!!

Latest posts

Back