Petroke Kunzite monster!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CountessK

Registered Shopper
I took to my bed this afternoon with 'morning sickness' and decided to put Rocks on for visuals. I was quite taken aback at the monstrosity of a ring they had on: 74ct of Petroke Kunzite - yes, in a ring! It looked like a paperweight on Jerilee's hand, so it did.

It made me think: who are they aiming these pieces at? I can't imagine it appealing to your average British buyer, it was way too brash, is it more for an international clientele?

Cheers, CountessK.

PS. I think it must have sold, I can't find it on their website so you can see for yourselves.

Not sure who they aim them at but are very interesting to see. Maybe keeps the viewer interested in-between the more affordable pieces.

Do you remember the Rubellite necklaces with about 50 pieces of HUGE Rubellite? Honestly only Saudi Princesses would have bought such vulgar pieces.

Much they produce seems to veer between tiny tinny which needs a magnifying glass to
see it - how can they call diamonds of 1.3mm HUGE - or pieces of monstrous vulgarity
which IMO should be relegated to the museum of what not to wear. Some of the inbetween pieces look quite appealing but from what I've picked up from many of you I
think I would rather give my money to my nice jeweller who has a wonderful range of
second hand stuff.........but never say never, who knows what they will tempt us with
in the future!!!!
Best wishes from Springflower.

I'm pleased to see that others share my views on their larger pieces. I sit here in wonderment at who could possibly be buying them. Are there really enough red carpets in the world, let alone the UK, to go round?
So many of their everyday pieces seem to be so expensive too. Do they have loads of actors/footballers' wives/lottery winners as avid viewers, because the jewellery seems to sell and they are still with us after several years?

Going on the Gypsy Wedding programme maybe they are the target audience?

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many of their everyday pieces seem to be so expensive too. Do they have loads of actors/footballers' wives/lottery winners as avid viewers, because the jewellery seems to sell and they are still with us after several years?

You know, I suspect the answer to that is probably YES!

Let's face it, most of us simply can't afford those prices; maybe those who can, have the lifestyle to go with it!

Last edited:
I'm pleased to see that others share my views on their larger pieces. I sit here in wonderment at who could possibly be buying them. Are there really enough red carpets in the world, let alone the UK, to go round?

BUT do they actually sell? I have my own views on that!!!

I think they MUST do, Meesh, because they keep making news ones, and what are they doing with them all if NOT selling them? Besides, why would any company keep pushing something that wasn't selling at a price it wasn't selling for?

Marketeers say that consumers often value products in proportion to their price tag, and it seems that Rocks & Co have discovered a segment of the market which IS prepared to pay high prices for the large items, many of which are, let's face it, quite distinctive and different from what you would get elsewhere. Sure, you could buy a gemstone and get something custom designed and made; but many people would not have the confidence to do that.

I was very inclined to think the same as Meeshoo. I've become suspicious after hearing
about all those "queues on the line".......but supposing a piece had already been sold?
What if the Brothers had recieved a commission for a large piece and then obtained
permission to show/offer it on air to show the extremes of their capabilities? In the unlikely
event of numerous people showing interest they could truthfully be told that the piece had
"gone." Even if the practise falls short of legality could it be proved? Cynical? Moi!!!!!
Best wishes from Springflower.

Latest posts

Back