Rare, rare, rare a quick refund from Gems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wireless

Registered Shopper
Lately I have had to return my Christmas cracker quality sharp edged razor cutting gold, dull diamonds, gems falling out trinkets back to GEMS

Which is really disappointing , did Gems / Rocks get just to big??

But Why oh why, do I have to wait three weeks for MY REFUND.

Rare, rare, rare, rare to get you refund in a reasonable time from Gems

Worst shopping channel ON THE PLANET for a refund, others seem to turn a refund around in 5-7 days.

First excuse was a staff flu, then a break in (not nice I admit) then the snow?????

Please Gems quicker refunds...........what's the hold up?

Lately I have had to return my Christmas cracker quality sharp edged razor cutting gold, dull diamonds, gems falling out trinkets back to GEMS

Which is really disappointing , did Gems / Rocks get just to big??

But Why oh why, do I have to wait three weeks for MY REFUND.

Rare, rare, rare, rare to get you refund in a reasonable time from Gems

Worst shopping channel ON THE PLANET for a refund, others seem to turn a refund around in 5-7 days.

First excuse was a staff flu, then a break in (not nice I admit) then the snow?????

Please Gems quicker refunds...........what's the hold up?

It's been getting progressively worse since they went on air. One can only assume that they are so inundated by the constant heavy flow of returns that they simply can't cope. xxxxxxx

I have just phoned CS after returning a faulty order on 26th January. When I sent it back, I asked CS how long refunds were taking to be processed (after reading the comments on this forum). The lady I spoke to said about 10 days. I rang today as the item is not even showing as 'returned' on my account history. The lady I spoke to today laughed when I said I had been told the refund would take 10 days!! She said I should allow for up to 30 days. I think this is totally unacceptable!! Apparently the warehouse are dealing with refunds from the 24th January today. She told me I was welcome to ring back next week to check on the progress of my refund, so I can take it from that comment that I will be waiting longer than another week. I can only think this must be due to a huge number of returns.
My ring that I sent back had a huge crack down the whole length of the gem which was clearly visible and should never have made it through quality control.
I think my days of shopping with Gems/Gems Xtra may be over.

I fell off the GTV wagon after having vowed "never again" after the last 4 week return.
This had to be returned as it was badly scratched,that too should never have made it through even a cart load of monkeys doing QC.
Oh Steve,where did it all go wrong?
Once again I shall have to wait an unreasonable length of time for a refund and will not fall off the wagon again.

I have had an e-mail this morning to tell me that my refund has been processed. I sent back a faulty ring, and another that was advertised as a size N/O which is my usual size. I have the same ring in another gem and it fits fine, this one didn't. I sent a covering letter with my returns explaining why they were going back.
When I checked the amount to be refunded, it was minus the original £4.99 postage, so I rang to query this. I was told that I was not entitled to a refund of the original postage as one item was returned as it didn't fit!! In the good old days of Rocks TV the postage would have been refunded I have no doubt.
I am so disappointed by the 'new' Gems TV, and really think I won't be buying again.
That's good news for my bank account anyway!!!!!!!!

I have had an e-mail this morning to tell me that my refund has been processed. I sent back a faulty ring, and another that was advertised as a size N/O which is my usual size. I have the same ring in another gem and it fits fine, this one didn't. I sent a covering letter with my returns explaining why they were going back.
When I checked the amount to be refunded, it was minus the original £4.99 postage, so I rang to query this. I was told that I was not entitled to a refund of the original postage as one item was returned as it didn't fit!! In the good old days of Rocks TV the postage would have been refunded I have no doubt.
I am so disappointed by the 'new' Gems TV, and really think I won't be buying again.
That's good news for my bank account anyway!!!!!!!!

Hi Sparklegirl,
I am sorry to hear this has happened to you. I can assure you that this is not normal practice.
Can you please drop me an e-mail on [email protected] with your details, and i will look into why we didn't refund this for you.

Kind regards
Jack.

May I make the respectful suggestion that recruitment and training of CS take a slightly higher priority with the company than of late. It isnt until someone complains that anything is rectified as 'not our normal practice' well train ppl properly then and half the negative comments on this forum would not require to be written. Gems have lost my custom for good and I never recommend anymore, in fact I actively discourage if asked where I got my jewellery, given what I experience and what I read on here of late. Well it used to be brilliant but not any more

Latest posts

Back