Clearance Time........Again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I

iclaudipuss

Guest Shopper
Just popped on to Gems to see if Alan was presenting - he wasn't, so popped off again pretty sharpish. Had time to notice, however, that the screen behind the presenter is showing "48 hour Crazy Clearance Event". So despite the fact that Sarah B admitted on here that:

"...a clearance for us means that we are trying to clear as many pieces of jewellery from our vault to make room for new lines. We cannot be compared to a shop as we are an auction channel not a fixed price retailer."

In other words, it's just a clear-out of stock, yet the viewer/customer is once again led to believe by the wording of the advert that this is some kind of special sale price event. This really is appalling, and it's high time that these channels were reined in and made to clarify to the viewers exactly what they mean by phrases like "crazy clearance event". I have no doubt that the presenters will be telling viewers that they are getting special prices due to things being in a "clearance" for the next 48 hours.

Is this company so lacking in confidence about its ability to sell jewellery in a straightforward and truthful way, that it has to constantly use gimmicks and misleading terms to persuade customers to buy? It certainly seems that way.

Exactly that is my gripe , telling whoppers on air about rarity and quality and clearance prices.............Never been this low before????

And refunds taking so long to process.
My confidence is lost, I have just returned a AAA graded Tanzanite............AAA my ar*e? It was too pale for AAA and the mount was cheap and nasty and the diamonds, well as I once heard said......"Diamonds I wouldn't gravel my drive with" .
Rant over..................just stop misleading us and respect the little bit of intelligence us mere mortal folks try to have!

Latest posts

Back