Dipped Me Toe In The Rocks Pool

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
I watched last weekend hoping to see the wonderful John Scott (sadly not on)but got sucked in anyway by Jerilee and ordered 2 Shimoyo Rubellite 18ct rings because of their amazing colour and clarity. Well they arrived today so a big well done to Rocks for their speed and efficieny of delivery :clapping: but they will be going back. Not at all impressed by the flimsy gold weight or the miniscule ants gonads diamonds and quite franky the rubellite didn't look half as good as the ones shown on air. Not good value for money imho all round which is a big let down. Another minus point is the huge size and weight of the bliddy boxes which will cost me a small fortune to post back by special delivery.
mysmilie_58.gif
Now I realise that presentation is important but these are completely ott and this will seriously put me off ordering anything else which is a huge shame because their presenting team, particularly John :cool: and studio set is very watchable.

I've never ordered from Rocks, PPC, because I think their prices seem quite high, especially when you consider that many of their accent diamonds are sugar-grain size. You'll see a 2-3 carat stone with 0.07ct of diamonds over ten stones - what's the point of that? Such a shame, because some of the designs are really very pretty (and Jerilee is very watchable these days).

So who are you going to buy your jewellery from now? None of the usual contenders are too hot these days, are they?

Yes Countess *curtseys* lol I knew the diamonds were accents but was unprepared for the shock of just how tiny they were irl because I've never ordered jewellery with that small cwt of diamonds before so I've learnt an expensive lesson, never to be repeated. I'm not sure I will be buying any bling in the near future as I've seen what TJC have to offer a million times over and their handful of designs just go round on a loop. :yawn: The only different pieces are in the carp J Frances range and they are just hideous imho.

I bought a Shimoyo from R&C last year, it went straight back. The diamonds were VS so looked quite good but the rubellite was a let down and the gold weight (which I didn't see when buying) was less than 2.5 grms. Felt like something out of cracker

Also sent back a pink tourmaline ring which they were selling at £100 less the next day! :angry:

Wouldn't buy from them again, shame as I quite like some of the designs

I can rarely clearly see wher these sugar grains AKA diamonds are placed, especially
when 0.07mm are presented in 12 stones. Also, some items seem heavy with milligrain
decoration giving the illusion of diamonds. It is perhaps understandable that after seeing
so many semi visible stones, JL has hysterics when presented with a diamond or two
measuring 1.2mm.

I have bought quite a bit from Rocks & Co, and IMO they are often reasonable value for the lower-end pieces (which for Rocks & Co usually means around the £200 mark, as they don't do real 'cheapies'). Although you're unlikely to get a bargain, they do have some lovely designs and gemstones which you can't get anywhere else. (The Welo opal earrings, my latest purchase, are to die for.)

When it comes to the higher-end pieces, though, they don't seem to know when to stop charging. It never ceases to amaze me the thousands and thousands that some people will pay for some of these pieces. It's a free country, of course, and if people will pay it they're entitled to charge it; there's a whole internet out there and, as they keep telling us, we can do our research!

Latest posts

Back