Distance Selling Regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Since posting my original message I have been contacted by Steve and John Bennett, John has kindly sent the following:

As discussed, there is quite a lot of confusion over the Distance Selling Regulations. In short, the Distance Selling Regulations allow a consumer to cancel their contract within a cooling off period. This means the returning of all goods purchased under that contract (an entire order).

To apply, the following conditions must be met:
• The contract must be cancelled in writing;
• The contract must be cancelled before seven days after the day of delivery have passed; and;
• All goods supplied under the contract must be returned.

We set out all this in our full Terms and Conditions and in the abridged form that is printed on the rear of our dispatch notes.

In addition to the right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations, we also offer our own money back guarantee. This guarantee is much more extensive than the Distance Selling Regulations in that:
• It allows the return of any number of items in the order – there is no need to send the entire order back
• It is valid for 30 days from the date of delivery

Under our own guarantee, delivery charges are not refundable.

If an item is returned that is faulty, we will refund the cost of sending the item back to us. If it was the only item on the order, we will also refund the outgoing delivery charge. If there were multiple items on the original order and only one is returned faulty, we do not usually refund the outgoing delivery charge.

Hopefully this information is useful and helps to clear up when a return is processed under the Distance Selling Regulations and when it is processed under our own guarantee.

I’ve asked one our Help Team, Jack, to try and answer queries for Shopping Telly forum members as and when they arise. Jack works a seven-day fortnight, so will not be able to answer every day – but I think it will give a more consistent response if we just keep it to one person rather than having someone on each shift.

Just a point of clarification: Does "in writing" include by e-mail, or would it have to be a physical letter in the post?

I returned goods on a returns form and added that I was cancelling the order and the contract and wanted a return of my postage. I did it within the 7 days and sent it back with the goods. Is that ok does that meet Gems criteria? (I did this with another company listed on here and they refunded with no argument).

Latest posts

Back