Trying to control what is being said by GemsTV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
Mmmm, just seen a thread introducting JackBGemsTV. It's a good idea BUT Jack, please don't try and defend GemsTV when people just want to say their piece. GemsTV are NOT what they used to be (unfortunately) and they DO get it wrong i.e. look how long refunds take etc etc. I don't give a monkey's that the refund policy is 30 days - that's the same as most of the other jewellery channels BUT they manage to turn things around in a week.

If you come on here and try to defend Gems each time somebody criticises, you're going to be blasted to hell and back because quite frankly Gems are not doing much right at the moment.

I really really dislike this "control" of negative threads that GemsTV try to do by saying "contact me and I'll help". This has back fired enormously in the past. On occasion it's good, but sometimes it most definitely isn't and the transparency will be apparent over time.

It also promotes the once in a while whingers who come on here with the sole purpose to moan because they think they'll get better treatment than if they phoned up and tried to sort things out in the normal manner. That's not helpful and what you may find is this forum just becomes a channel for complaints.

I need to say that I've been one of the few who has posted positive threads over the past 6 months or so, so I'm not coming at this from the negative angle but I don't like "policing" of forums where it allows a vendor to always pop in and saying "so sorry, contact me". Differing opinions should be valued and encouraged. This is always how Graham has run this forum and, in my opinion, it has worked very well. So you'll understand if I see the introduction of JackBGemsTV as a knee jerk reaction to all the negative threads recently. Perhaps throwing more people at dealing with the returns or spending money on quality settings or nice melee diamonds would be more appropriate?

Thank you.

To be fair, though, a number of people have for a while been protesting that the Bennetts (or their representatives) no longer come on here and answer people's complaints - so it might seem that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!

I think the problem comes when the answers just don't seem very convincing, as in the case of the falling autions. It does sometimes happen, though, that there is more to a situation than meets the eye, and in those cases, Jack, I'm sure we all want to hear from you!

I think you will find the problem started with RocksTV.

They came on here of their own accord.
They choose to answer things and respond when the going was good but when things started going wrong they responded with "email me/us", when things got worse with CS and other things their side and it was obvious how bad things were they simply disappeared and stopped posting.

Personally I think it is a very bed business sense for directors or owners of a company to be posting on a public site with their customers, acting like we are all friends.

We are not friends with them, we are customers, nothing more.

It is not a case of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

They choose to come on here, it was their own decision and the way they went about dealing with negative threads or posts was vastly different to the way they basked in the light of postive threads or posts.

To simply stop posting because of the negative threads/posts says alot.

There are alot of shopping channels on here but how many owners or directors have EVER posted on here?

Thank you Yaz. I couldn't agree more.

This is a public forum NOT customer service for GemsTV. None of the other channels feel the need. There is absolutely no need for this overkill other than to kill negative threads.

Thank you Meeshoo for your post.

I couldn't agree more.............Actions speak louder than words...............

No more presenter porkies.

Better quality control on the jewelry.

BETTER refund turn arounds ( All channels have the 30 day rule but realise a long delay is a big customer turn off)

And how ever much Jack @Gems is here to help , we are all here ranting and raving because we love Gemstones and Jewelery and so would like to spend our pennies (large or small) but simply fed up of the demise of Gems TV (UK) standards.

Latest posts

Back