Shift Times

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Modjo

Guest Shopper
Did you notice something strange about Carmel Thomas?

On Friday, she was on-air between 6.30pm and 10pm on Price Drop TV and on Saturday, she was on-air between 11.30am and 3pm over on Bid TV?

Again on Tuesday, appearing on Price Drop TV between 10pm and 1.30am on Tuesday night and yesterday afternoon bewteen 3pm and 6.30pm? Also, were Peter Sherlock and Marie Greenwood scheduled to appear at that time?

Is it allowed? Carmel doing these shifts, for example, as follows:

*10pm-1.30am
*3.00-6.30pm?

I think this needs to be sorted out once and for all. (I think she needs to be axed).

On Friday, she was on-air between 6.30pm and 10pm on Price Drop TV and on Saturday, she was on-air between 11.30am and 3pm over on Bid TV?

Again on Tuesday, appearing on Price Drop TV between 10pm and 1.30am on Tuesday night and yesterday afternoon bewteen 3pm and 6.30pm? Also, were Peter Sherlock and Marie Greenwood scheduled to appear at that time?

*10pm-1.30am
*3.00-6.30pm?

I think this needs to be sorted out once and for all. (I think she needs to be axed).

She is FREELANCE which means she doesn't have fixed shifts. I think she has 1 fixed shift, and then she fills in where other people are ill. Why don't you think it is allowed? If the presenters are ill or busy, they have to put somebody else on, dont they? Also, yesturday, the main presenters (who work 5 times a week) were meetin with the buying team, which meant Peter and Marie were unable to work, which meant a FREELANCE presenter has to fill the space.

Why don't you think people are allowed to work these shifts? What do you mean by thinking she should be axed?! You may not like her, but obviously others do!

Ive seen Sean Macintosh Work 10:00-1:30am and then the 7:45-11:30 the next day and a few years ago, he done the 10:30-1:30am (when the shifts were different) and then 8 in the morning til 1pm...so he done the late shift, and then a double shift the following morning.

If they dont want to do it, they can say they are busy!

What happened to Sean his website doesn't say what he's upto these days.

I'm not sure. I think he still works for them, but very rarely, as sometimes I dont see him for months, and I think he has left, then I see him once, but then not again for ages....I did see him a month ago or so, though!

Try EMailing him: [email protected] I used to email him quite regularly, and used to be promp at replying (saying that, it was 5 years ago or so!)

Good luck! :)

*10pm-1.30am
*3.00-6.30pm?

Shocking and completely disgusting! :happy:

Have you thought about bringing it to the attention of David Cameron? I've already got my green crayon out and have started writing a letter to my MP.

Out of interest, what needs to be sorted out? Women working for seven hours during a 24 hour period? :confused:

When I was nursing we would regularly, when the hospital was busy, work 12 hour shifts; or do an 8 hour one, finishing at 9.30pm and be back on duty 7.30 the following morning. Night duty was 9.30pm to 7.30am and we worked 8 on for 4 off. Old Flo Nightingale was a hard taskmaster back then!

She is FREELANCE which means she doesn't have fixed shifts. I think she has 1 fixed shift, and then she fills in where other people are ill. Why don't you think it is allowed? If the presenters are ill or busy, they have to put somebody else on, dont they? Also, yesturday, the main presenters (who work 5 times a week) were meetin with the buying team, which meant Peter and Marie were unable to work, which meant a FREELANCE presenter has to fill the space.

Why don't you think people are allowed to work these shifts? What do you mean by thinking she should be axed?! You may not like her, but obviously others do!

Ive seen Sean Macintosh Work 10:00-1:30am and then the 7:45-11:30 the next day and a few years ago, he done the 10:30-1:30am (when the shifts were different) and then 8 in the morning til 1pm...so he done the late shift, and then a double shift the following morning.

If they dont want to do it, they can say they are busy!

Well, I am sorry I did not know Carmel's a frelance hostess.

Having spent some time in hospital recently, I was about to say what Tasi said about nursing shifts. I saw nurses in at nearly 10 pm who were then waking me up at 7 the next morning, bless em!
As for the presenter, she could easily get in 9 hours of sleep before needing to get ready for work again, I don't see the problem myself.

Last week Tuesday night, Kiri Bloore was on bid tv and again on Wednesday morning.

and now Gemma Smallpage. I swear she was on bid tv and again this morning.

From 6pm until 1am or 1.30am (last night) and 10.30am 'til 5 or 6(today).

How many hours of sleep do they receive exactly?

That is ridiculous!

And for the 3rd Friday in a row, Gemma's on. Again. Normally, Kiri is on every Friday.

That needs to be sorted out.

Slightly OT but I worked in a petrol station once and finished 11pm and took over from the person that relieved me 7am next morning. By the time I got home and unwound it was 1am meaning under 5 hours sleep but usually much less!

I think the laws have changed since. I think the times in the OP don't sound toooo bad IMHO.

PJ

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

allsorts of job have these shift patterns finish at 10 get 8 hours go back for 6 or 7 not unusual what is it to do with you Modjo what hours they work if they not happy sure they will say something. Hotel receptionists often do these kind of hours.

Last week Tuesday night, Kiri Bloore was on bid tv and again on Wednesday morning.

and now Gemma Smallpage. I swear she was on bid tv and again this morning.

From 6pm until 1am or 1.30am (last night) and 10.30am 'til 5 or 6(today).

How many hours of sleep do they receive exactly?

That is ridiculous!

And for the 3rd Friday in a row, Gemma's on. Again. Normally, Kiri is on every Friday.

That needs to be sorted out.

Does this really matter?

Gemma had a wedding, so probably wants to earn some extra money.

Think about different oppupations i.e. bus drivers who would work 5 days a week, get up for the first run on the day at about 7, so being at the depot for about 6:30, and finishing at about 8pm, and then being in at 6:30 the next morning.

It is general practice to work long shifts in jobs like this.

PLEASE tell me, WHY do you care so much about this?

Latest posts

Back