The One Dress?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
Do you remember a few months back, some woman was trying to flog a godawful 'tube' which, according to her, was her own invention? It would go into umpteen styles and was, she said, the only dress you would need on holiday. She had some poor sweet soul modeling it and I use the word modeling in its widest sense. She was about a size 20 and looked dreadful in it. What happened? Have I missed it being shown again and again? Did the original makers of the thing find her out and stop her selling it as her own invention or did sanity prevail and no one bought it? If nothing else it was a good laugh seeing, I think it was Ellis, wearing it.

Do you remember a few months back, some woman was trying to flog a godawful 'tube' which, according to her, was her own invention? It would go into umpteen styles and was, she said, the only dress you would need on holiday. She had some poor sweet soul modeling it and I use the word modeling in its widest sense. She was about a size 20 and looked dreadful in it. What happened? Have I missed it being shown again and again? Did the original makers of the thing find her out and stop her selling it as her own invention or did sanity prevail and no one bought it? If nothing else it was a good laugh seeing, I think it was Ellis, wearing it.

Ellis is to slim to wear it now and she would probably say so as well :0))

I saw her take the dress on Dragons Den a year or so ago. Duncan Ballentyne said it was like only taking one shirt on holiday - wearing the sleeves down one day, rolled up the next, buttoned up then unbuttoned etc etc.. Needless to say she was shown the door PDQ

The "One Dress" was invented years ago by an American (?) called Lydia Sylvestry although the it was known as the "Infinite dress" and was for sale on some of the infomercial channels. So when I saw this monstrosity and the presenter telling us all how she came up with the idea when she was on a holiday a few years ago I thought it was pretty weird. I went on to the website and questioned this, and the "inventor" replied that she had never heard of the "infinite dress!" which I thought was mighty strange, as it was identical in every which way, down to the material, the shape, the length, the styles, the instructional dvd...like I say identical. She tried to say that although she didn't know what I was talking about, that perhaps the fabric was different, but it isn't. I'm no nothing about copyright laws, but I guess had she breached one of them, she wouldn't have been allowed to sell her design. I reckon the reason we don't see it so much now is for the same reason the other one went down the tubes...it was a bad idea and a hideous dress!

(snip) It would go into umpteen styles and was, she said, the only dress you would need on holiday.

Yeah, but why would anyone want to only have one dress on holiday? Wouldn't that get rather unhygenic after a while?

Yeah, but why would anyone want to only have one dress on holiday? Wouldn't that get rather unhygenic after a while?

Er.......YES, especially since it's fashioned from the finest polyester! I guess they're thinking that the part that was in contact with your sweaty pits on Monday, could be round your waist on Tuesday, round your neck Wednesday, and not back under your pits till Thursday, thus preventing a build up of stale sweat to accumulate in one place..Genius!!!! Not only that, spill your sangria down the front of it, and simply restyle it so you can no longer see the stain!

The only pitfall for me is that perhaps other holiday makers may wonder why EVERYTHING you possess is in red polyester, but hey that's their problem lol!

Latest posts

Back