Scott Worsfold disgusting sell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
I am currently watching Scott Worsfold sell a multi gem bracelet, I don't think on all the time I have watched GemsTV have I ever seen such a disgusting sell.

The dramatic music, refusing to go to final price till only 200 are left. The way he sold this bracelet I can only compare to a Dutch auction I once saw when I was on holiday.

The bracelet may be great value I don't know but to take almost 20 minutes to get to the final price was nothing short of disgusting.

Let's hope someone offers this idiot a full time acting job soon so that customers don't have to ever watch such a disgusting sell ever again.

The final price will now be revealed at just 100 left.

Debatable who is worse Scott Worsfold or James Russell after this morning I believe Scott is worse.

Price Frozen ... So not a genuine reverse auction.

I'm intrigued ............. what was the piece and how much did it sell for?

Just turned over to hear Scott say "last few minutes to get the bracelet at the price" so presumably not all sold or it was yanked before that?

I'm intrigued ............. what was the piece and how much did it sell for?

Just turned over to hear Scott say "last few minutes to get the bracelet at the price" so presumably not all sold or it was yanked before that?

Oops I didn't see this thread before I posted my thoughts on the auction, put it in y/day's thread.

Anyway final price was £89.99 and even though the quantity went to zero they were saying it would be held till 11.30am :confused:

Oops I didn't see this thread before I posted my thoughts on the auction, put it in y/day's thread.

Anyway final price was £89.99 and even though the quantity went to zero they were saying it would be held till 11.30am :confused:

Well from what Scott has just said they didn't all sell then! Surely putting the quantity to zero is seriously misleading. :devil: This is EXACTLY what makes GemsTV lose all credibility.

Was it by any chance a 3 row multi gem bracelet set in s/silver? If so, this is the bracelet that Angeline was flogging last weekend with the stupid comparisons.

What I don't understand about Gems at the moment is... Steve states they want faster auctions, why then don't they simply crash to "a low, or lowest" price instead of messing around for long periods of time. Surely it makes more sense to do so?

Well from what Scott has just said they didn't all sell then! Surely putting the quantity to zero is seriously misleading. :devil: This is EXACTLY what makes GemsTV lose all credibility.

Was it by any chance a 3 row multi gem bracelet set in s/silver? If so, this is the bracelet that Angeline was flogging last weekend with the stupid comparisons.

Hmmmm yes misleading!!!

It was 3 row multi gem bracelet, but Scott said it had sold out in November so not sure if Angeline could have been selling it last week, I forgot to take a note of the item number so can't link to it. Doh!

thats the one! interesting thought here - tjc have one very similar - 2ct higher stone weight - £20 cheaper at 69.00.....

This was one that was re-commissioned after selling out of 500 last November.There are others on the website but not quite the same.

It was a pretty bracelet and according to the website it went down to zero, but I suppose there could well be folks dropping off the line and hence possibly a few available for the next hour.

For 24g silver and 107 chequerboard cut mixed stones it wasn't a bad price, cheaper than on the website! If they had dropped to the final price sooner then the phonelines were likely to be jammed or folks waiting on the lines even longer......so quite reasonable to spin out such a huge auction.

thats the one! interesting thought here - tjc have one very similar - 2ct higher stone weight - £20 cheaper at 69.00.....

Exactly my point! AND the one that Angeline compared it to last week was the TJC orange/yellow sapphire bracelet that had more than DOUBLE the carat weight.

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=676990

Apparently Angeline was saying (last week) that they were offered the bracelets but had to buy them all. Because GemsTV has the buying power (according to Angeline) and not many other outlets have, they bought all the stock and that's why they were able to bring them to us at such phenomenal deals. I of course am repeating this with serious amounts of tongue in cheek. :down:

This was one that was re-commissioned after selling out of 500 last November.There are others on the website but not quite the same.

It was a pretty bracelet and according to the website it went down to zero, but I suppose there could well be folks dropping off the line and hence possibly a few available for the next hour.

For 24g silver and 107 chequerboard cut mixed stones it wasn't a bad price, cheaper than on the website! If they had dropped to the final price sooner then the phonelines were likely to be jammed or folks waiting on the lines even longer......so quite reasonable to spin out such a huge auction.

Do you have the item number Sacha please?

Exactly my point! AND the one that Angeline compared it to last week was the TJC orange/yellow sapphire bracelet that had more than DOUBLE the carat weight.

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/ProductDetail.aspx?StockCode=676990

Apparently Angeline was saying (last week) that they were offered the bracelets but had to buy them all. Because GemsTV has the buying power (according to Angeline) and not many other outlets have, they bought all the stock and that's why they were able to bring them to us at such phenomenal deals. I of course am repeating this with serious amounts of tongue in cheek. :down:

Oh I remember now. I don't recall the bracelet at all (that says something) but I do recall the boasting that they were the only company that could afford to buy the whole batch (that says something else. I was really shocked by that boast and I'd thought I couldn't be any more disappointed in Angeline.

I think they've all sold their souls to Steve :devil:. I hate all this, their jewellery and prices should make the pieces perfectly saleable without all this trickery and fibbing. I still like much of their stock as they're good at big lumps which I love, but now when I make a purchase I don't feel good about myself. xxxxxxxxxx

Shame on you Gems.!

PS - TJC's multi anything usually also contain far more interesting stones. xx

Last edited:
Looks like it is still available too, so much for them selling all 565!! :rolleyes:

This "allocation" lark is a farce as well. All you have to do with these big auctions is dial the number, you could be after customer services since it seems you are "allocated" before you've even made a telephone menu choice.

Yet further evidence of the Gems "say anything but the truth" culture. As I've said before, even forgetting about the moral issues, is it because they simply can no longer help themselves or they are under direct instructions to mislead and pressure sell. Most of these presenters would be very welcome in the disability equipment market or flogging overpriced and unnecessary house repairs to the elderly. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This "allocation" lark is a farce as well. All you have to do with these big auctions is dial the number, you could be after customer services since it seems you are "allocated" before you've even made a telephone menu choice.

Yet further evidence of the Gems "say anything but the truth" culture. As I've said before, even forgetting about the moral issues, is it because they simply can no longer help themselves or they are under direct instructions to mislead and pressure sell. Most of these presenters would be very welcome in the disability equipment market or flogging overpriced and unnecessary house repairs to the elderly. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Quantity reduces when a customer expresses an interest to buy by pressing 1 not by going through to customer services. If a quantity becomes available again after the auction closes it will be becasue customers have changed their minds or a credit card has not gone through etc

The Quantity reduces when a customer expresses an interest to buy by pressing 1 not by going through to customer services. If a quantity becomes available again after the auction closes it will be becasue customers have changed their minds or a credit card has not gone through etc

Is this another change? I seem to recall that years ago, the number didn't drop until there was a confirmed buy because you're actually not allocated one until you speak to an agent and place an order. I've been on the phone, waiting, when there's been 2 or 3 in an auction, got through and been told that they had all gone. If what you're saying is correct then I would have been allocated one when I pressed 1.

I have to say that it's incredibly misleading to drop the number when somebody presses "1" and then say that all have been sold - only later to see them pop up again.

I have a cunning plan ..... seeing as I am after one of these triple strand multi gems bracelets, I have one in my basket on gemstv - I shall buy the tjc one aswell and do a direct comparison myself - tjc are ahead already by being 20 cheaper and slightly more carat weight....but lets see quality, finishing and weight etc etc when i have them both in my hands. One will go back because even I dont need 2 of them...............wonder which one it will be. Trouble will be waiting the 30 days to be credited if its the gems one that goes back.

If there are any queries about how the auctions work please refer to the terms and conditions on the website where it clearly explains everything in detail.

Regards

Sarah

Latest posts

Back