Rant and spend!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

argeybargey

Retired - Don't Quite Fit
Is there a support group anywhere. It seems I'm totally incapable of a) not watching; and b) keeping my hands and money in my pockets. Whilst I've been moaning away I still seem to have managed to stuff a few goodies into my basket. Mainly gold at reasonable prices, and now I've got no pocket money left. Let's hope they don't disappoint - I'll let you know.

I've had a couple of mixed bags recently, and my order with drusy pieces was a massive disappointment, but the other with mainly Tooky and one gold were very pleasing. Despite the fact that everything had minor faults, I was still satisfied by both appearance and value for money. Faults were things like rough gold finish, rough silver finish and a couple of slightly chipped stones (none of which interfered with the overall appearance). Fortunately for me I have the ability to smooth and polish the roughness of the metals myself.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with having two faces. xxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a support group anywhere. It seems I'm totally incapable of a) not watching; and b) keeping my hands and money in my pockets. Whilst I've been moaning away I still seem to have managed to stuff a few goodies into my basket. Mainly gold at reasonable prices, and now I've got no pocket money left. Let's hope they don't disappoint - I'll let you know.

I've had a couple of mixed bags recently, and my order with drusy pieces was a massive disappointment, but the other with mainly Tooky and one gold were very pleasing. Despite the fact that everything had minor faults, I was still satisfied by both appearance and value for money. Faults were things like rough gold finish, rough silver finish and a couple of slightly chipped stones (none of which interfered with the overall appearance). Fortunately for me I have the ability to smooth and polish the roughness of the metals myself.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with having two faces. xxxxxxxxxxx

Are you using your tongue again Arge? :giggle:

There is a cure hun. Give me your money and I'll source some proper stuff for you (or keep it for myself). There's a 10 step programme I believe and I've only ever managed to make it to number 5:

Step 10 : Give up buying pieces that could come from Bond Street jewellers
Step 09: Don't buy any items that may be deemed red carpet items
Step 08: Don't buy from excitable presenters (once this becomes your mantra it's amazing how limited you are)
Step 07: Don't buy badly cut gemstones (see 08 for wording in brackets)
Step 06: Don't buy highly treated gemstones (see 08 for wording in brackets)
Step 05: Don't watch for periods of longer than 1 minute.
Step 04: If struggling with step 05, cancel your TV licence
Step 03: Give spare money to Meeshoo
Step 02: You're cured!
Step 01: See, not too unrealistic is it?

2.gif
xxxxxxxxx

Argey .... I've put your cushion on hold until you've completed Meeshoo's 10 step programme. :nod:

I've just become a member of the Campaign for Release from Annoying Purchases - each time I switch over to Gems and watch for a while, I remind myself that there could indeed be potential for a CRAP scenario and, by taking a few deep breaths and grabbing the Argos catalogue and admiring some Lizzie Duke items, all the anxiety goes away....

Jinny

It's ok to moan as long as it's constructive !! I too buy too much likely not essential- could trade them in the apocalypse for water maybe.
I bought beautiful tookalon earrings but , oh yes they were lovely but shopped in a box that was way useless if I was giving them as a gift ( not much chance if that) but presented in a stud box - 3 inch long earrings . it's these little things that do my box in and certainly wouldn't happen in bond st or boutique jewellery

Latest posts

Back