Rising Price Auctions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beading Belle

Registered Shopper
Feeling poorly so decided to check out RPA, when did the minimum bid change to £7?

Some of the items on there sell for £9.99 in an auction so not a real bargain!!

Shame really as this has put me off even looking.

It was great when they started at £0, £3 I can accept but now £5 :down:

I haven't bid since before Christmas, I think it was £2 then, might have been a bit more.

Just when you need cheering up. All the channels seem to be getting more and more determined lately not to allow us to be tempted! :sad:

I haven't bid since before Christmas, I think it was £2 then, might have been a bit more.

Just when you need cheering up. All the channels seem to be getting more and more determined lately not to allow us to be tempted! :sad:

Maybe our OH's have something to do with that :giggle::giggle::giggle:

I normally spend a fortune over half term but so far nothing is tempting me so my CC is very happy!

Not only has the price gone up, but the quality has gone down. I thought I would buy a few day to day pieces so I put in four orders over 6 days. Firstly they all arrived together, saving TJC three delivery charges......but when I opened the packets so much of the jewellery was damaged or defective. I was really disappointed. Scratched and fractured stones, even a pair of earrings that were totally mismatched, different stones and different sizes...so much for "final inspections" I looked again the other day and counted 30 pages out of 51 without a single bid. I think they're using Rising Auctions to get rid of the returns and the rubbish pieces. I think you're right Beading Belle you can buy cheaper from the live auctions or catalogue....I'm definitely going to be very wary of it from now on..I guess it's a case of "bidder beware.... they're reeling you in"...

I used to think TJC was a good shop but it seems to me that they are trying to hard to compete with GEMS but both seem to be selling not such a bargain rubbish jewellery.

I wonder if they all have the same supplier , because I looked on Amazon and they sell very similar but cheaper + free postage!

Last time I looked there were 60 pages to look at, I think it was 3 days worth!!

As someone with the attention span of a gnat and memory to match these days, couldn't be bothered :confused:

Someone has placed a bid of £1,900 for a 14K Gold Overlay Sterling Silver Fissure Filled Ruby and White Zircon Ring! I hope everyone concerned realises this is clearly an error when keying in possibly £19. :giggle:

Let's hope they do. I know people get carried away but that's taking it to far.
I was just looking and comparing the bids with the prices in the catalogue. There
was a tanzanite ring that went for £3 less than the catalogue price, not worth the effort
particularly as the items they send out seem to be "problematic". Sending stuff back is
such a nuisance. What happened to "Falling Auctions" ?

Latest posts

Back