Item not in my basket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teekay76

Registered Shopper
I'm not happy. I just clicked to bid on a ring on Xtra, a size 5 and got the box that said congrats etc. Few moments later I went to my basket to check out and the ring isn't in my basket!! There were still a few rings available in the auction (now they run for an hour) but the size 5s have sold out.

I've emailed Gems saying I'm not happy as I now don't have my purchase but last time I emailed them they didn't respond.

That is so disappointing as well as annoying.

Try emailing [email protected] ... he is very helpful and replies very quickly if he's in the office.

HTH

I had a call last week telling me that they didn't have one of the three pieces that I'd checked out. Took 'em a couple of days to realise this, nor is it the first time in the last few weeks. I took it on the chin simply to find that they'd removed my £10 credit with it. Although the credit found it's way back to my basket somehow, it should have been deducted at the time of the order. If they push credits back like that how can we be sure we'll ever get them. I think the place is in total chaos, and all the screaming that carries on in front of the cameras is simply a symptom of the whole set-up. xxxxxxxxx

I think the problem is that Coloured Rocks have expanded too far and too fast, something which always causes problems in business. Rocks TV was a gem (no pun intended) because it was relartively small and very personal, and as a customer you felt as though you were being treated as an individual - something which is difficult or impossible with a large company.

I understand that Steve is an entrepreneur and needs his business to grow and change rather than just standing still; however much we all liked it before, it probably wasn't making all that much money. But I do hope Steve will now spend a few years consolidating what he has rather than starting off any more new ventures, otherwise I fear Gems may be in trouble.

However much we moan about Gems, I'm sure that few of us would want to lose it.

However much we moan about Gems, I'm sure that few of us would want to lose it.

I've no problems with Gems not being around any more; there are already plenty of retailers out there selling jewellery and, just by virtue of being easy to access from a PC or TV screen doesn't justify existence....

The lure of coloured gemstones isn't enough - bad presentation, dubious claims, poor quality and inefficient CS doesn't cut any ice in our present economic climate when most of us want true value for our money.

Gems needs to wise up, and fast... I'm not expecting the Bennetts to wait forever to make a profit, so I'd be surprised (and suitably contrite) if they, and the company are still around this time next year.

Jinny

Latest posts

Back