DIY US style

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

martinjay

Registered Shopper
I can understand why UK shopping channels sometime go to the US to bring us fashion and jewellery trends from across the big pond.

But DIY? Ideal World is currently showing an hour of US DIY! They've just spent 15 minutes showing us a wheelbarrow. It's nice, but so it should be for £94.99. I wonder if they'll stretch it out for a whole hour. :happy:

Oh, and that over-head camera is a bit scary.

Did you notice Shaun being extra interested just like they are on the American info commercials. So false.

i have caught a few moments of a couple of these shows and think they are terrible. debbie shore seems to be a bit too hyper, shaun is his usual dithery self. the products are just terrible and way too over priced. there must be customers tho as they have done this a couple of times.

In between the shows it would be nice to see some footage of them setting foot on American tarmac *cough*, instead of the usual Andy and Win24 etc

I'm just not convinced they're anywhere other than a basement warehouse in Sloughside :wonder:

Although last night I had to have the sound turned right up to hear them and the picture was awful but they could have doctered them to make it seem more realistic lol :wink:

Professor Amos ought to be gagged, I can't watch more than 5mins at any one time, there is something to be said for the dreary gang! LOL

In between the shows it would be nice to see some footage of them setting foot on American tarmac *cough*, instead of the usual Andy and Win24 etc

I'm just not convinced they're anywhere other than a basement warehouse in Sloughside :wonder:

Although last night I had to have the sound turned right up to hear them and the picture was awful but they could have doctered them to make it seem more realistic lol :wink:

They did when it launched last night at 8pm for 3 mins.

Did you notice Shaun being extra interested just like they are on the American info commercials. So false.

False is the exact word.Other words are cheap and tacky infomercials.Ideal World is cheap and tacky enough in the UK.Going over there just makes it look cheaper and tackier.
Just one long infomercial.
I would never ever buy anything from an infomercial and that pretty much was and remains my policy with Ideal World

I love it when packaging says "AS SEEN ON TV"..Yeah so? Criminals on Crimewatch etc are "as seen on TV" as well .
I really do not like the whole American shopping culture and even worse the nasty ,cheap way Ideal World tries to buy into it.
BY the way,I can get a handtruck like that for £45 at a local hardware shop that does all sorts .Not B& Q or Homebase but a long established shop near me.
For 95 quid I would expect it to have some hydrolics on it.
IW ...keeping it tacky.

What beauty products did they show? I saw them trying to imply that a crystal/glass nail file was a new, never seen before product and had to switch off!

Saw some overpriced wheelbarrow thing but turned over as the picture quality was pretty naff. All they need are some plastic bass lures and the cheap infommercial is complete.

Latest posts

Back