Confused newbie!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacky

Registered Shopper
Hi,

Have been watching Rocks and am sorely tempted. But confused...

I understand the auction procedure - item goes to the highest bidder. OK - but in the preview catalogue, each item had a video with it, where the presenter said "Add this item to your basket to guarantee yourself one." If it goes to the highest bidder, then how can putting it in the basket guarantee getting it? I know you can pre-bid, but that's not the same as putting it in your basket...:confused:

I e-mailed them to ask, but didn't get an actual reply to the question...

Hoping someone on here can help! :)

Hi Jacky, I think a lot of the videos date back to a time when they sold all of their jewellery on the sister website www.colouredrocks.com. Most of it has switched across to the auction format now, but they haven't re-shot the films. This is also why the descriptions/videos often mention a specific price, obviously no longer relevant with the auction format.
And welcome to st.com!

:) Well done Anne you sure cleared up any confusion :confused:that our newbie Jacky
may have had.... :)

Sorry Jacky forgot to say Hi and welcome to the mad house!!!!(Forum):D

1207455790CRMotherGoose-MG_Welco-1.gif

Thanks Anne - yes that explains it...I sent another e-mail and Tony replied this time and said the same...It would help new viewers though, if they'd explain these things! I'm pleased to find too, that you can keep something in your basket indefinitely (at the moment, he says...), which means you don't have to spend too much at once. (I know it has to be only 2 items though.)

Thanks for the welcome too! I'm logged into Rocks tv as gemjunkie, which about sums it up lol...

I only heard of Rocks via the Gems tv threads on this site - it was my hub who started it by buying some rings from Gems - I was amazed - didn't think it was his sort of thing - this was before last Christmas - then I started watching, and got totally hooked, as you do...I've got about 25 rings from Gems now, all silver, big stones, and mostly under £30 (can't afford any more for one item!) Also got some nice Christmas pressies there...

I started watching Rocks though and am amazed at some of the bargains - can't afford it yet until I know what the work situation is, but sooner or later I'll be there! I haven't abandoned Gems, but am biding my time!

I love tonight's big garnet cluster, and the multi-gem ring the other night - well done to whoever got that..! :)

Warm welcome Jacky

Thanks Anne - yes that explains it...I sent another e-mail and Tony replied this time and said the same...It would help new viewers though, if they'd explain these things! I'm pleased to find too, that you can keep something in your basket indefinitely (at the moment, he says...), which means you don't have to spend too much at once. (I know it has to be only 2 items though.)

Thanks for the welcome too! I'm logged into Rocks tv as gemjunkie, which about sums it up lol...

I only heard of Rocks via the Gems tv threads on this site - it was my hub who started it by buying some rings from Gems - I was amazed - didn't think it was his sort of thing - this was before last Christmas - then I started watching, and got totally hooked, as you do...I've got about 25 rings from Gems now, all silver, big stones, and mostly under £30 (can't afford any more for one item!) Also got some nice Christmas pressies there...

I started watching Rocks though and am amazed at some of the bargains - can't afford it yet until I know what the work situation is, but sooner or later I'll be there! I haven't abandoned Gems, but am biding my time!

I love tonight's big garnet cluster, and the multi-gem ring the other night - well done to whoever got that..! :)

welcome1.gif
from me also.

Good to hear you started out as a Gems girl Jacky, and if you ever feel like posting some of your goodies on there,
we'll all be delighted to have a drool!

PS We don't exactly look like the folks under the banner ......ummmm......I don't think! :D

PPS I think I'd better :mysmilie_770.gif: it now...

hi jacky \o/ \o/ welcome to the forum.

glad you're into gems too. the rocks.tv site was launched on the back of the Coloured Rocks site and many of the pieces up for auction were initially available on the CR site. As they are very limited in number, the videos will soon pass into history lol.

I hope you manage to secure some pieces in the future. The customer service is second to none, with the crew having learned many lessons from their GTV days. Tony and Katherine always answer queries so anything you're not sure of, they'll help out and hopefully make your shopping experience that much better.

Mind you, you'll have to beat half the forum to your bargains!!

Latest posts

Back