Why are there ALWAYS problems with my orders?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Several years ago, I vowed never to buy from IW again, after problems returning a faulty item and their abysmal ccustomer service (I had to involve Trading Standards to get any action).

However, for several years I have wanted a Bamix Swissline, and IW are the only place I can get it. I also particularly wanted the WET & DRY mill that came with it.

I have just received it (very fast delivery) but once again there is a problem, as explained in the email I've just sent to CS, shown below - - -

I have just received the "Bamix Swissline Black" ordered on Saturday.

The only reason I bought it was because the presentation said it had the WET & DRY mill with it.

However, it only seems to have the cheaper DRY mill, and the instructions say "only use with dry ingredients".

I recorded the presentation that specifies the WET & DRY mill, and in fact it was said in every presentation I watched.

If it is only a DRY mill, I would like a full refund, with you providing a return post-paid label to return it (or collection by you), and a refund of the postage I paid.

Please either confirm that it is a WET & DRY mill, despite what the instructions say, or send me a return label ASAP.

I have the Bamix Swissline in silver. The mill has a white base with a clear top. When I looked at the instruction booklet I also noticed that it stated that the mill could only be used with dry ingredients. I didn't bother with calling Ideal World. I called bamix on 01159608646. They told me that the mill with my Swissline is a wet and dry mill ( I think that the dry mill is completely clear ) and to ignore what the leaflet says. They also said that I can wash it in the dishwasher which I did. However, I wouldn't recommend dishwashing because it resulted in the metal parts looking a little tarnished. I now only handwash it and make sure that it has fully dried by placing it on a radiator for a while. I wish they could get the correct information on their leaflets, it's simple enough! I would be interested to know what they say to you.

Hope this helps.

It is this one, but £20 cheaper as the POTD - - -

http://www.idealworld.tv/Bamix_Swissline_Black_168630.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=bamix

I've just tried to make the thick cream by whipping up skimmed milk (I used UHT).

I was there 15 minutes, and it hardly thickened at all:sweat:

Then I left the Bamix standing up in the beaker while I did something. About a minute later, it fell over:devil::devil::devil:

I've now spent 1/4 hour mopping up the still-thin milk from all over my work surface and kitchen floor:sweat:

You may have guessed by now that I am male:happy:

PS Just noticed that the IW description says DRY mill, but I have the recording saying WET & DRY. To be honest, I don't know what the difference would be ie why can't the dry mill be used with wet stuff?

The Bamix website is not much help. It shows a "dry grinding mill" (different to mine). Then is shows a "grinding mill" and says it can be used with dry or wet (doesn't look like mine). Then it shows "wet and dry grinding mill" which luckily does look like mine.

I too am waiting to see what IW says (if they ever reply, that is).

Has any other owner managed to make thick cream with skimmed milk???

Last edited:
Has any other owner managed to make thick cream with skimmed milk???

Yes, I have many times but always for immediate use because it tends to lose its consistency if prepared too far in advance. I have only ever used fresh skimmed milk though straight from the fridge and not UHT so that could be one of your problems. I know that Mike always says "the colder the better" during his demonstrations.

Please don't give up with it yet as it's a wonderful gadget!

I have another problem now - - where to HIDE IT so my live-elsewhere partner doesn't know I've bought it. I've been hinting at getting one for ages, but she always tells me it is far too expensive, and her Tesco Value £9-99 one is just as good.

Should I own up and tell her straightaway, or hide it away but use it to make her something delicious that can only be made with a Bamix, and if she praises my concoction, gently tell her that it is all thanks to my new Bamix?????

I have another problem now - - where to HIDE IT so my live-elsewhere partner doesn't know I've bought it. I've been hinting at getting one for ages, but she always tells me it is far too expensive, and her Tesco Value £9-99 one is just as good.

Should I own up and tell her straightaway, or hide it away but use it to make her something delicious that can only be made with a Bamix, and if she praises my concoction, gently tell her that it is all thanks to my new Bamix?????

Lovey, as an old bird probably old enough to be your Mum, why are you worrying about what a live-elsewhere lady thinks about you spending your own money on an item you want? You bought it for you because you wanted it, if you enjoy using it that's all that matters unless of course you asked her to pay for it, which I doubt.
Go ahead and make lots of lovely concoctions for you and her but don't hide it away because there's no need. Nanny has spoken xxx:mysmilie_12:

I managed to make the thick whipped skimmed milk today. The secret seems to be very cold milk, and not too much of it. UHT worked OK. I put some vanilla essence in it and it tasted good. I hope my cheap old mixer won't do it as well, cos if it does I will have bought it for nothing!

Give it pride of place on your worktop somewhere - it's a lovely gadget, men like gadgets and if it was a car you wouldn't hide it in the garage now would you? :grin:

You are right. If it wasn't gadgety I wouldn't have bought it, as I like playing. That's why I've never bought any beauty products or control tights.:hi:

...I like playing. That's why I've never bought any control tights.:hi:

Ooooh it's too early in the morning to suffer that mental image of a man wrestling themselves into a pair of La Dea or the like
10396.gif

Problems? I.W. are consistent!!

I have had many problems as you have with orders from I.W. The praises the presenters give to useless products are backed by the people they have to pack and send the products!
I purchased many products from their garden centre, one in particular was a huge grapevine. Instead of wrapping it to its full height, someone lopped the top by at least 2 feet, the plant died and they did not bother to come and collect it. I could name lots more but I am sure there are many more who have had similar experiences!!!
Take care what you buy and if in doubt...Do send it back!!!
A.T.:angel:http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

Latest posts

Back