Rose Gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sacha

Keep calm - Log on
I don't have any rings in Rose Gold but am hearing that it is currently much 'in vogue' at the moment. So am
wondering if any peeps on here have bought any pieces in this colour and what is their opinion of it and also
is it rather more expensive than yellow / white gold? Ta very much.

PS any pics appreciated...... :)

Hi Sacha

Rose gold is no more expensive than other colours of gold. However, not everybody use/sells it. In the past 2 years or so, it's become much more popular, especially in the US.

Personally I'm not wildly keen because (a) I like to co-ordinate and don't like rose gold enough to buy matching items (b) for me, it's a bit "flesh" coloured and (c) I think it compliments some colours i.e. pink diamonds by bringing out the pink but it also clashes with the majority of other colours. Since I don't like things to clash - and I don't believe a setting should overpower a stone - I generally only use rose gold or accent diamonds OR where I simply haven't got a choice.

The are also different shades of rose gold depending on the alloy mix. It can look very brassy and orangey, it can look like a subtle warmer yellow gold or it can look quite pink.

I'm in the minority because I think most people like it but it's very much a personal thing.

Here are a couple of pics. First up is the Kunite ring from GemsTV with dire diamonds. The head is rose gold. Then there's the champagne diamond necklace. I love the necklace and thankfully you can't see the rose gold because it's smothered in diamonds - however you can see it on the reserve side. I will eventually have the rose gold rhodiumed away but for now it's there. Lastly there's my pink/white diamond pendant. You'll see the central pink diamond is bezelled in rose gold. I've got several rings that I've done the same with and I like it as an accent but just not as a whole ring.

Latest posts

Back