The end of QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Northernlights

Registered Shopper
I have had 'The Letter'...........have to admit that recently I have sent quite a bit back. Mostly clothes that when they come are dire! Should have learnt long ago that I was never going to be satisfied with the stuff.
Everything I have sent back has been unworn with label on. No make up on them, from pet an smoke free clean home. Sent back straight away and never received any P& P back under distance rules.

The letter says they have been trying to contact me...when? They want me to phone them...stuff that and stuff QVC. I have spent a fortune over the years...but not anymore.
I have kept some expensive stuff recently too.

I have had 'The Letter'...........have to admit that recently I have sent quite a bit back. Mostly clothes that when they come are dire! Should have learnt long ago that I was never going to be satisfied with the stuff.
Everything I have sent back has been unworn with label on. No make up on them, from pet an smoke free clean home. Sent back straight away and never received any P& P back under distance rules.

The letter says they have been trying to contact me...when? They want me to phone them...stuff that and stuff QVC. I have spent a fortune over the years...but not anymore.
I have kept some expensive stuff recently too.

1. open an account in your partners/mums/daughters name.
2. order , order, order.
3. use the beauty stuff till the bottle's half gone, wear the clothes, sleep in the bedding, taste the food, fry in the pans.
4. send it all back unless you really like it.
5. laugh when they send your partner the letter.... at least you'll got your own back
:handshake:

Their loss Northernlights. Really, what will you miss? The shows are dire, boring, we know the scripts as well as them, absolutely no wow factor. The way they burst blood vessels trying to flog their "fabulous wares" really says 'we are desperate for sales'. They will end up shooting themselves in the foot striking people off. You should have sent pans back with dried food on, cheque books in Tig bags, opened everything and sat on them, just like stuff in outlet. You showed respect and have not received it, but hey, buy three to see which colour you like! (quote)!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with customer returns: I can only imagine the state of some of the stuff QVC gets back!

:puke:

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with customer returns: I can only imagine the state of some of the stuff QVC gets back!

:puke:

I agree and would not dream of taking the p*ss like that...but I suspect many do and I can understand why they have to safe guard their business. Still miffed though!:wonder:

Just checked and since the beginning of November I have ordered 10 items. I have kept 6 and sent back 4...so what is the problem? No idea? but the letter has probably done me a favour.

How absolutely disgraceful. Appalling way to treat a good customer. Can I ask what they actually say in this letter.

I hope you are putting a comment up on the Mary Portas website !!

Last edited:
I agree and would not dream of taking the p*ss like that...but I suspect many do and I can understand why they have to safe guard their business. Still miffed though!:wonder:

have they actually closed your account or do they just want a chat with you?

What amazes me is that QVC are always making out how great they are compared to the dreaded high street, but I can't think of any shop on the high street that would 'ban' you because you return too many items! Seriously if Primark where to do that they would run out of customers as I can't think how often I've taken clothes back to Primark cos I can't be bothered trying them on instore!

For what is pretty much at the end of the day 'a shop', QVC have very poor customer service, and banning a loyal customer who takes them up on the 30 day mbg etc is ridiculous!

have they actually closed your account or do they just want a chat with you?

A chat.

"We have recently attempted to call you in order to discuss your account with us here at QVC but have not been successful.
We would like to spend a few minutes discussing our current returns policy.
We would appreciate if you could at your convenience contact the finance department......."

A chat.

"We have recently attempted to call you in order to discuss your account with us here at QVC but have not been successful.
We would like to spend a few minutes discussing our current returns policy.
We would appreciate if you could at your convenience contact the finance department......."

Heh Heh. I'd chat to them. I would chat to Trading Standards first though for advice.

I'd call QVC just to find out what they have to say about it all. I'd be curious as I have made it a point to decide about items within 7 days sending QVC an email informing that I would return an item under DSR and would like the item's price and original P&P refunded. I have made it a point to do this with items that are not as expected, wrong size, etc. Just last week I returned 4 items after the SWS shows. I order two rings and return the one that doesn't fit. I am sure that if I continue this then I may be on their hit list. But I would want it to be me that makes the break and not QVC.

I have received a different letter in the past-the one about cheque holds. I DID phone to speak to them, and I have to be fair, the guy was brilliant. I was NOT made to feel bad, but he did have all the info there on my cancellations, and it made me think twice about doing it, as people were sometimes missing out on special prices, because by the time I cancelled, the price had reverted to normal.

As for returns, I can't comment on what they might say, but I think it's based on the overall level of returns, rather than just recent ones. I would definitely phone - if only to question why they have written to you, and why the presenters constantly harp on about using the 30 day mbg guarantee, if it is potentially such a problem?

NN.......give them a ring...after all its their money your using......try it when they are very busy say at a launch of new TSV etc......good luck hun

Hi there. I think I would call them and ask for a breakdown of all the reasons for the returns and ask what note they take of that. Eg returning because items not as described or sizing etc.

I think they have a cheek considering the way the go on about mgb and 'buy 2 to try them' and that should be reiterated back to them.

When you call have the info (from memory if nec) to tell them exactly why you had to return things.

Good luck and keep us posted.

And remember - YOU are the customer and because of this YOU are in the position of power!

Maybe I am a bit naive here but I am just wondering if they really just wish to discuss reasons for returns as that must have a effect on their business. Maybe they use it as a feedback opertunity with buying dep or quality control? - which incidentally I think is shocking lately. I have recieved an empty envelope a couple of weekes ago, sealed and everything, but empty.

My phone logs all call, answered or not but QVC have never called me when they use that phrase "we tried to contact you" in letters - mainly when I've sent a declaration of non-receipt they send a letter saying as they've heard nothing since the letter they assume I've now received my item! Bollox they've never tried to call to check whether it's arrived, it's a ploy.

The "Letter" always asks you to ring them, I wonder why? Does it set some sort of psycological scene for them? Who knows? I doubt they have tried to ring first though.

I had the letter (many years ago) and when I rang I told them their clothing was unbelievably poor or the sizing was bizarre. Most items were sold with an no quibble MBG and I said i thought he was quibbling! The bloke I spoke to wasn't really listening to me and I said I'd be more discerning in future orders (ie ordered less from then on). It left a very nasty taste in my mouth I must say I was fuming for days.

I'd ask them to return all your original postage under the DSR if you sent stuff back within a week just to p!ss em off...though that may not help your position .

I hope you get it sorted without any unpleasantness. :nod:

Jude xx

I am not going to ring them - I guess because of this forum I was aware of 'The letter'..I never used to return stuff but was aware I had begun to because I was not satisfied with what I was receiving. They haven't called me as my phone registers calls...so they are misleading me...stuff them- not going to raise my blood pressure by doing what they ask.:devil:

I think you're probably right. Your account hasn't been closed so I'd wait for them to reach you. In all the earlier discussions about the letter it seems QVC quote the 50% threshhold but can't specify the time period used in the measurement.

I agree IUSQ, they should be concerned with improving the quality of the stuff they sell, but what they're actually doing is trying to intimidate the more discerning customer who doesn't want to be stuck with a piece of over-priced sh!te!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back