Daniel O'Donnell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
OMG they're really scraping the barrel now. They've got Daniel O'Donnell flogging his CD and performing on Monday at 6.00pm.

Apologies to anyone who likes him but I can't bear him. The ladies in the nursing home where my mum is a resident love him and his DVD is on quite often when I go, but then they're all 80/90/100 year olds!

Just about sums up QVC these days and the audience they're catering for.

Every time I hear his name, I think of Father Ted and the episode where Mrs Doyle baked a jumper into a cake for her favourite singer ...

OMG they're really scraping the barrel now. They've got Daniel O'Donnell flogging his CD and performing on Monday at 6.00pm.

Apologies to anyone who likes him but I can't bear him. The ladies in the nursing home where my mum is a resident love him and his DVD is on quite often when I go, but then they're all 80/90/100 year olds!

Just about sums up QVC these days and the audience they're catering for.

No apology needed as far as I'm concerned. I can't bear him either.:sad: QVC muat be getting pretty desperate to have him on. Whos next ? Des O'Connor ?

I actually laughed out loud at the advert - his videos always look like they've been made on a budget of nought pence. Love how he's pretending to walk with the green fields of Ireland behind him that have actually been drawn by a five year old and are jiggling worse than a Crossroads set... :giggle:

But from QVC's perspective, Daniel O' Donnell is a good booking as he is hugely popular and I believe he has loads of sell out tours to much younger fans than 80, 90 or 100 years of age. I can imagine they are loads of QVC customers who will love his singing and find it enjoyable when he's on QVC. His career is far from in decline so I would say it's incorrect to say QVC are scrapping the barrel. He may be an easy target for ridicule but he wouldn't be so successful if he didn't have the fanbase, and the fanbase are usually mature ladies, rather than easily influenced teenagers. They've chosen to like him and I respect their choice.

I'm not a fan personally but I know lots of people will look forward to seeing him on QVC. As always there's the remote control for those who really can't stand him.

I so agree with op and no he's definately not to my taste, but I'd say if he was:rock:

I live in the wilds of Devon and he's massively popular here amongst our aging population and is at the very top of his game in the genre of music that he's in. I would say that it's a big thing for QVC to get him.

He apparently treats his fans really well especially any with special needs. I can see why people love him.

Try as I might, I just don't see the appeal of the man. I know he has a vast army of die-hard fans who follow him from venue to venue, and it completely baffles me! (Maybe I'm just too young :emo: ) I wonder how many qvc fans he has ~ maybe they will tap into a vast vein of them!!

It makes good commercial sense for QVC to have him on: he has a HUGE fanbase, most of whom may be loathe to go into a record shop (what's one of them then, Granddad? :sad:) and pick up his new album in case they get a sarcastic look from the pre-pubescent sales staff.

I also am not a fan of Mr O'D, but then I'm not big on "modern music": I get my LL Jive Bunny confused with my Wu Tang Sisters.

Or whatever :nod:

can't stand the way he sugars 'when you were sweet sixteen' should of just left it to the Furys (sorry about the pun , not intended!!!) xxxxxx

He just gives me the creeps I'm afraid.

I don't doubt he has a huge fan base. Each to their own I say but Jon Bon Jovi he ain't!!!!

Every time I hear his name, I think of Father Ted and the episode where Mrs Doyle baked a jumper into a cake for her favourite singer ...

Snap! :giggle:

I'm afraid I'm another one who thinks he's just a big tumshie! :cheeky:

Last edited:
I can't wait to try his skin-care range; I've been hankering after that elusive tangoed windtunnel effect.

Jude xx

He is the spawn of satan and should have been strangled at birth.:devil:

Of course there are the rumours about his charity work with orphans.

Now don't mince words, Donna - say what you really think:happy:

Although I am slightly curious as to the rumours, but at the same time not sure I want to know:doh:

xx

Didn't they have some Priests flogging their CD a while back ? All we need now is a duet CD by Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness to complete the un-holy trinity.

Latest posts

Back