Please, Please, Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
I've watched Ideal world go slowly down the toilet for the last 11 years, losing decent presenters, decent products, all their beautiful jewellery, their class, their innovation, the comedy, variety etc etc.

Now though it's getting to the stage where I will not even watch for the sake of watching paint dry in place of IW. The demo's are the same, with the same stains, the same props, the same jokes (steamy sue) the exact same patter, the Flip for example, Janice uses the same 2 clips every time to make a movie, does the exact same demo for the lighting. The TomTom man, he uses the same places to demo how to put in a name and postcode, its always Bath!! Even the same clothes the presenters wear week in and week out. This is let alone the same 15 products we all know and love which are recycled every 10 days. The iron and press, Sue uses the same clothes to show how good they are, makes the same jokes, tells us the same stories. Its just too much.

I bet anyone £100 that if you show yourself an average show on IDW, turn the sound down, you if you are a regular will hit 90% of what is said in an hour without even knowing it.

Rant over. Off to wash some pants in favour of this dire and anoying Flip hour :(((((

Now though it's getting to the stage where I will not even watch for the sake of watching paint dry in place of IW. The demo's are the same, with the same stains, the same props, the same jokes (steamy sue) the exact same patter, the Flip for example, Janice uses the same 2 clips every time to make a movie, does the exact same demo for the lighting.

Yes, Ideal World does appear to be stuck in an infinite loop.

Makes me laugh when they keep urging punters to buy, buy, buy, now, now, now because 10% of the stock has "already gone." We all know that when the stock does eventually sell out there will be more to replace it.

Is it craft sales that keeps IW afloat? They have such a small range of goods for sale that I can't see how they are staying in business.

I've watched Ideal world go slowly down the toilet for the last 11 years, losing decent presenters, decent products, all their beautiful jewellery, their class, their innovation, the comedy, variety etc etc.

Now though it's getting to the stage where I will not even watch for the sake of watching paint dry in place of IW. The demo's are the same, with the same stains, the same props, the same jokes (steamy sue) the exact same patter, the Flip for example, Janice uses the same 2 clips every time to make a movie, does the exact same demo for the lighting. The TomTom man, he uses the same places to demo how to put in a name and postcode, its always Bath!! Even the same clothes the presenters wear week in and week out. This is let alone the same 15 products we all know and love which are recycled every 10 days. The iron and press, Sue uses the same clothes to show how good they are, makes the same jokes, tells us the same stories. Its just too much.
I bet anyone £100 that if you show yourself an average show on IDW, turn the sound down, you if you are a regular will
hit 90% of what is said in an hour without even knowing it.
Rant over. Off to wash some pants in favour of this dire and anoying Flip hour :(((((

Hi there,
thank you for your constructive criticism .
The clips I use for the flip show need to be short in length in order to put together a movie.
I have demonstrated the flip but never had a chance to take one home to get some different footage.
I am currently trying to get some new footage for you so hopefully you might put your pants in the washing machine and enjoy the Flip again.
You don't have to watch of course the choice as always is yours and your remote's.

Many thanks

TGJ.

Last edited:
Hi there,
The clips I use for the flip show need to be short in length in order to put together a movie.
I have demonstrated the flip but never had a chance to take one home to get some different footage.
I am currently trying to get some new footage for you so hopefully you might put your pants in the washing machine and enjoy the Flip again.
You don't have to watch of course the choice as always is yours and your remote's.

Many thanks

TGJ.

Chessecake WAS actually being constructive. If you have potential customers sitting on the fence, unsure whether to buy from IW and all they get is the same presentation over and over again, are they going to be willing to part with their cash?

IW seems to have fallen into a state of apathy: revolving around a small set of "regular" stock items that have the same on air presentation. It's telling that you say you "never had a chance to take one home to get some different footage"; how many times has IW had the Flip on air now? And there's still no new footage? Does the Flip have to be taken home to get new footage: isn't the point of it that it can be used anywhere? Why not take some cheeky footage behind the scenes of IW? THAT would liven things up!

People actually want IW to work - they want decent competition to that other shopping channel. But for some reason IW, with its foreign call centre that employs staff who can't/won't speak English, with its reliance on the same slew of products, and with presenters who are happy to coast along spouting the same spiel time and again, keeps shooting itself in the foot.

Hi there,

Many thanks

TGJ.

Ullo Someone rattling their beads and going off in a flurry of talcum powder. Quite right, that last comment, we don't have to watch or buy do we? Lets all put our pants in the washing machine and save a bit of money.

Sorry, thats very rude TGJ. This is why IW is going around in ever diminshing circles because they are not listening. There's nothing like being off hand with potential customers to get them buying is there?

IW needs a good shake up. It needs new products, guaranteed delivery times and a UK call centre and most of all it needs to listen to its client base because most of us don't even bother to point our remotes in it's general direction- there's only so many Karchers one can buy.

Ullo Someone rattling their beads and going off in a flurry of talcum powder. Quite right, that last comment, we don't have to watch or buy do we? Lets all put our pants in the washing machine and save a bit of money.

Again I was not being sarcastic . My beads are not rattled at all. I just thought I would reply.

The last comment was again not sarcastic. I just wanted to say I don't expect anyone to watch unless they want to.

TGJ

Chessecake WAS actually being constructive.

I was not being sarcastic. I read what cheesecake had to say and replied hopefully to their satisfaction.

TGJ
I'm very pleased to hear that. Maybe you could make someone in authority at IW aware of this thread and that the viewing public (who you rely on to buy your goods) have rather serious issues with how IW is currently operating?

I'd say that it's also very telling you didn't answer any of the other points I made, but there's no real point in starting a slanging match.

Last edited:
Sorry, thats very rude TGJ. This is why IW is going around in ever diminshing circles because they are not listening. There's nothing like being off hand with potential customers to get them buying is there?

Again I was not being rude. It WAS constructive criticism from Cheesecake that was taken on board.

I thought replying to say it was being taken on board was the right thing to do.

I'm very pleased to hear that. Maybe you could make someone in authority at IW aware of this thread and that the viewing public (who you rely on to buy your goods) have rather serious issues with how IW is currently operating?

I'd say that it's also very telling you didn't answer any of the other points I made, but there's no real point in starting a slanging match.

Hi Hooded Claw,

I can't answer the other parts as I am not the right person to do that. I can answer my critics but as a company that really is not my place . Sorry.

TGJ

Hi Hooded Claw,

I can't answer the other parts as I am not the right person to do that. I can answer my critics but as a company that really is not my place . Sorry.

TGJ

Fair enough - but if I worked for IW I'd be concerned about what potential/past customers were saying on here.

Maybe raise it up the line so that someone who CAN deal with customer issues would be prepared to answer?

Because as it stands people are not getting great customer service from IW if they go through "normal" channels, and find current presentations off-putting. So much so they're saying they're either turning off or changing channel. Or in some cases, not bothering to tune in to start with.

That should make any IW employee rather nervous indeed, since any business relies on marketing and word of mouth to stay afloat.

But then, that's just me I guess. :happy:

Fair enough - but if I worked for IW I'd be concerned about what potential/past customers were saying on here.

I do care very much as it happens. But again this is not my area.

There will be new footage in the flip show today. So thats a start I hope.
I will always continue to try very hard to make my end work...although that does sound rude lol :-0

Chessecake WAS actually being constructive.

I was not being sarcastic. I read what cheesecake had to say and replied hopefully to their satisfaction.

To misquote Abraham Lincoln: You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. :thinking:

Janice, you're too good for this channel. Fact. :) No sarcasm. Always loved you on the monkey channel, from one monkey to another huh? Get with QVC woman, you're that standard not this outfit.

WOOOOOO You go Janice girl....silence those sad, sad haters :sun:

:taphead:

Is this a shopping telly forum, or has it morphed into one for 14 year old American girls to discuss "boys", "prom" and "Justin Timberlake"?

Because if so, I'm in two minds whether I like it or not.

:devil:

:taphead:

Is this a shopping telly forum, or has it morphed into one for 14 year old American girls to discuss "boys", "prom" and "Justin Timberlake"?

Nah, Justin Timberlake is old hat. Justin Bieber is the latest flash in the pan. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back