What the hell does Glen look like?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
My husband has just called me to look at what Glen is wearing. What a complete idiot he looks, those stupid glasses, dark suit and tie finished off with great big white trainers. What a tw@t. I think it's a bit of an insult to the customers QVC letting him come on air looking like that. It's just taking the you know what.:mysmilie_514:

if that is what bang on trend looks like all i can say is i'm glad my husband doesnt have a fashionable bone in his body xxxx

It was the shoes I couldn't quite believe. Had to take my reading glasses off in case they were distorting my vision!

My other half is quite trendy but he'll be going out on his own if he goes down that route.

It was the shoes I couldn't quite believe. Had to take my reading glasses off in case they were distorting my vision!

My other half is quite trendy but he'll be going out on his own if he goes down that route.

You don't like the rolled up trouser and bare ankle look then? :taphead: :taphead: :taphead:

Trouble is, there are a lot of "celebrity" (I use the term loosely) men, who are of an age, and who think they are cool - on trend - of now, to wear trainers with just about everything. I've seen Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Francis Rossi (Quo) all doing the same - some bloke at the Oscars did it - ran up on stage in full Tux with sodding trainers on !!!!! No class. So Glen is only following the herd.

Personally I would like to strangle the following:

The person who invented trainers
The person who set the trend for wearing a baseball cap the wrong way round
The person who invented the strange sticky up hairstyle that most tv presenters now sport
The person who decided that jacket sleeves should fall below the wrist (for both men and women)
The person who decreed that mens' trousers should not fit properly and be concertinered below the knee thereby giving a clown look above the ankles
The person who invented the 3/4 long shorts that British men wear and look totally stooooopid

AND FINALLY......

The person who gave men permission to bare their feet in Summer to an unsuspecting public in those gawd awful (though comfortable no doubt) open toed 2 strap sandals ugh ! ugh ! ugh !

What the hell does Glen look like?

IMO Glen looks positively quaint in comparison to the Pompoos let loose guy. :mysmilie_845:

Perhaps we should start an online petition to get Glen replaced and to get someone with a real eye for fashion?
I remember glen from the clothes show in the 80s but that is like 30 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

You don't like the rolled up trouser and bare ankle look then? :taphead: :taphead: :taphead:

Well erm ... no lol

I don't mind the bare ankle look if the we are talking linen trousers on holiday. But if I remember rightly this was with a suit jacket.

i thought he looked ok. yes i also have a bit of an issue with the no socks look but i'm not working in "the industry". on the whole it was fine. he is a stylish man who occasionally makes mistakes just like you lot do. i liked his trainers - you're all boring old biddies who wouldnt know fash if it came along and smacked you in the dentures.

you moan and moan about QVC fashion but as soon as someone comes on who demonstrates an understanding of fashion (whether you agree with it or not) you bitch and moan about it. no pleasing you.

go pull your cardigans around your shoulders and get over yourselves please! :O)

Last edited:
i thought he looked ok. yes i also have a bit of an issue with the no socks look but i'm not working in "the industry". on the whole it was fine. he is a stylish man who occasionally makes mistakes just like you lot do. i liked his trainers - you're all boring old biddies who wouldnt know fash if it came along and smacked you in the dentures.

get over yourselves please! :O)

Are we having another week of :mysmilie_50: BB? We'll have to call you Simon Templar. :movie:

lets be honest, if he was any good as a stylist, he cerainly wouldn't be working on QVC telling us how to wear a gladiator sandal or Kipling handbag - and getting THAT wrong at times

Think I may be a lone voice here, but I really quite liked the look. You see lots of the young lads dressed like that in Brighton. That might be the point actually - he's a 'gentleman of a certain age', and the look whilst fashionable is a bit muttony on anyone over 30

Well at least he doesn't say "dress it up or dress it down" as often as he did, but I almost throw something at the screen when he comes out with the old chesnut "little white T shirt" !!! Eeeegods these people actually get PAID to come out with the bl.........ding obvious !!!!!

you moan and moan about QVC fashion but as soon as someone comes on who demonstrates an understanding of fashion (whether you agree with it or not) you bitch and moan about it. no pleasing you.

go pull your cardigans around your shoulders and get over yourselves please! :O)

I have to agree with BB, no matter that he works for QVC now, Glen's in the industry and has been for years, I expect his look is perfectly acceptable to those "in the know".
I'd much rather see someone slightly flamboyantly or even eccentricly dressed than your average boring British male:happy:

I do think you're all being very unfair on poor Glen: he might have been going out to play after his stint on QVC and had simply dressed accordingly.

:wonder:

When I first saw him I thought ohh Glen looks half decent today for a change and then the camera showed a full shot of him and those ridiculous shoes and his half mast trousers!!

I think a young guy would have gotten away with it but, whatever he is, Glen is not young.

I thought the job of a good fashion stylist was to take what's "on trend" and tailor it to each individual. Glen missed the mark this time methinks!!!

Latest posts

Back