Plea to smokers....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

WhyMe?

Guest Shopper
Received a Ronni Nicole dress this morning - had the sticker with the two bar codes which means it had been returned by someone else already - opened the bag and was overwhelmed by the smell of smoke:angry:. Tried it on and now I can smell the smoke on me. I kid you not - the previous bod must have been chain smoking whilst trying it on. Why can't people have a bit of consideration? Not everyone enjoys the smell of stale smoke.

I've just had a niff of it again this evening to see if it is any better but it's not - I've asked for a returns label as I'm cheesed off that the warehouse didn't notice this when repacking it.

Rant over....

Received a Ronni Nicole dress this morning - had the sticker with the two bar codes which means it had been returned by someone else already - opened the bag and was overwhelmed by the smell of smoke:angry:. Tried it on and now I can smell the smoke on me. I kid you not - the previous bod must have been chain smoking whilst trying it on. Why can't people have a bit of consideration? Not everyone enjoys the smell of stale smoke.

I've just had a niff of it again this evening to see if it is any better but it's not - I've asked for a returns label as I'm cheesed off that the warehouse didn't notice this when repacking it.

Rant over....
How inconsiderate!

how inconsiderate of qvc to pass off a smelly item of clothing to a customer paying full price for it.

havent they got aa outlet shop?

I had the same experience with a kipling bag- stunk to high heaven. I got a prepaid label...but this still counts as a return on your account. I was pretty mad about receiving this, it felt dirty somehow.

I have occasionally bought items from the famous auction site and have had the same problem. Even the packaging reeks. I now only buy from businesses or from private sellers who say it is a non-smoking home. How poor of QVC to send out smelly goods. Perhaps the person in the warehouse is also a smoker so couldn't smell it like a non-smoker does.

Perhaps the person in the warehouse is also a smoker so couldn't smell it like a non-smoker does.

You'd have to have no nasal passages left to avoid that smell - I hung it in the bathroom while I went to work thinking an airing might do the trick - now that smells too. I think the plastic bag must have let it stew a bit.

I know exactly how you feel, I received a waitlist butler and wilson address just before christmas I had actually forgot about it and was horrified when I opened the packagem the smell of smoke was disgusting I could tell some one had wore this possibly to a christmas party! It was so bad I refused to even try the dress on. Being a non smoker myself and no one else at home being a smoker just made me feel sick. I called customer services straight away and was not happy with the operator she said no one would have worn the dress and the smell of smoke could be from the delivery drivers! I don't think so! I asked for returns label and returned item with A4 letter complaining about it and how they could send an item to a valued customer in that state . I am still waiting on a reply. I will never order any clothing again after that experience

Not suggesting that it happened in this case but some types of packaging can leave a smoke like smell on items, this has been discussed on ebay forums in the past as several sellers were accused of being smokers when the item came from smoke free home.

Not suggesting that it happened in this case but some types of packaging can leave a smoke like smell on items, this has been discussed on ebay forums in the past as several sellers were accused of being smokers when the item came from smoke free home.

No, this was just a standard plastic bag - the small type that they use for 'recyling' returns - with the usual blue bag for posting.

It must have 'cooked' whilst in transit as the smell was contained in the bags and so has got into the finest man made fibres :blush: that go to make a Ronni Nicole number.

I bought a bag from fleabay a couple of years ago that reeked of smoke. I really couldn't use it. It was very cheap, but I emailed the seller and she was mortified. She said she did smoke but kept all her ebay sales stuff in a separate locked room and had never had a complaint before. She asked me if she could refund me and I could keep the bag and maybe febreze it but I think she was just desperate for me not to give her a bad rating.She swore she was going to clean her house and only smoke outside in future (which really wasn't any of my business.) I gave her a positive feedback, stated there had been a problem but she has dealt with it in a prompt and very satisfactory way. As it happens after febrezing and being hung outside for a few days it did become almost clear of the smell of smoke, and my DD used it but I am so ott nauseated by cigarette smells that I couldn't bear to.

As QVC are sending out returned items again as brand new ones more action is needed. I'd contact ASA about it and also go as high up as possible with QVC. They will just keep denying it otherwise!

As QVC are sending out returned items again as brand new ones more action is needed. I'd contact ASA about it and also go as high up as possible with QVC. They will just keep denying it otherwise!

remember that FM who ordered the breezies set and the knickers had a massive skiddie up the back?

Fag-ash Babs (MiL) used to send clothing for DD when she was little which was invariably the wrong size, but I was sometimes too embarrassed by the smell of ciggies to return it to Next or other shop for an exchange. I even took the labels off once, washed it and took it to a charity shop.

If the warehouse person was a smoker they may not have noticed the smell; when I smoked years ago I couldn't appreciate the smell on my clothing, hair etc.

Why don't QVC just graciously accept that a mistake has been made on their part and take onboard your complaint; it'd go a long way towards making the customer happier to repurchase in the future?

Jude xx

EW!!!

remember that FM who ordered the breezies set and the knickers had a massive skiddie up the back?

Oh Burlz: the least you could have done is chisel the worst of it off and given them a quick Febreze before you sent them back! :wonder:

:wink:

(or did that only happen in my sick imagination :happy: )

Someone here saw a pair of PJ bottoms with evidence of a "lady leakage" at one of the outlet shops...Quality control a la Q is more accepting of stainage than any rational person perhaps?

Jude xx

So looks like QVC warehouse staff don't get the returns out of their packing to check their condition before parcelling up and posting them out again. :devil::devil:

Latest posts

Back