Richard Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
When are they going to stop him telling lies about the plants he sells. The other day he had Tree peonies on and Dale asked how many flowers they would produce, "Oh 90 dinner plate sized". In my experience of the QVC ones that will be one smallish one over the next 90 years. I actually shouted LIAR at the tv when he said it. lol.:headbang:

When are they going to stop him telling lies about the plants he sells. The other day he had Tree peonies on and Dale asked how many flowers they would produce, "Oh 90 dinner plate sized". In my experience of the QVC ones that will be one smallish one over the next 90 years. I actually shouted LIAR at the tv when he said it. lol.:headbang:

Agree completely. I bought 5 hybiscus a couple of years ago, planted 3 in the garden, left two in the conservatory, the only ones that actually came up were the ones I put in the conservatory and they were supposed to all be planted outside.

Also he doesn't give any gardening tips, bring back Charlie Dimmock, at least you can learn something from her!

my mum has the dead twigs from 3 years ago as a reminder not to buy plants from qvc again!

Maybe he thought Dale asked how many leaves they would produce :grin:

Mine from 3 years ago have still only produced one very small flower between them!!

More fool me but 3 times I've bought plants from QVC, they were all absolute rubbish. Never again:talking:

Don't get me started on the quality of plants from QVC. I had a mad moment 3 years ago and fell for the lies and miss selling that Richard Jackson touts and spent a fortune on plants and bulbs .Lets say that 3 years on all I have to show for my hard spent cash is a pile of dead sticks. Never again I will stick to my local garden centre at least I will be able to see what I am buying.

Agree completely. I bought 5 hybiscus a couple of years ago, planted 3 in the garden, left two in the conservatory, the only ones that actually came up were the ones I put in the conservatory and they were supposed to all be planted outside.

Also he doesn't give any gardening tips, bring back Charlie Dimmock, at least you can learn something from her!

I too have bought QVC plants which have done nothing. They're mainly grown in Jersey though so it might be that it's a shock to their system when they get stuck in a pot in Manchester.

I agree about Charlie Dimmock. She seems to be much more knowledgeable. I don't know why Richard J is there at all half the time. Surely it didn't need three of them to sell Sunday's TSV miniature yard brush. The guest and Julian B could have managed I think.

Yes, I made the error of buying some plants from QVC last year. Bamboo. Absolute rubbish. I cannot watch that smug little gnome with his forced fake laughter and pointless enthusiasm about poor quality cack that you can buy for half the price elsewhere.

Liar indeed. :wonder:

Maybe he thought Dale asked how many leaves they would produce :grin:

Mine from 3 years ago have still only produced one very small flower between them!!

Maybe RJ only has a very little one (dinner plate I mean)! Out of my three plants I have only had one flower which was very beautiful but only the size of a regular peonie.:doh: The only plants I have had from QVC that were good were a collection of Hostas from Bowdens, I am waiting to see if they come up again this year.:sweat:

Virtually all the plants I have bought from QVC have been from Thompson and Morgan and they have been in the main excellent-I was buying from T&M for years before I ever knew about QVC. They have always operated an excellent after sales service in my opinion, but in any case where I have had plants fail from QVC I have complained and got my money back-only a few times but I have always got a full refund including p&p. Have any of you done the same when your plants have failed?

Virtually all the plants I have bought from QVC have been from Thompson and Morgan and they have been in the main excellent-I was buying from T&M for years before I ever knew about QVC. They have always operated an excellent after sales service in my opinion, but in any case where I have had plants fail from QVC I have complained and got my money back-only a few times but I have always got a full refund including p&p. Have any of you done the same when your plants have failed?

Yep - I complained about a TSV a few years ago when the packs of seeds were all years old [less likely to germinate] and were emblazoned with the words 'Your Free Offer from The Sunday Sport' or something similar.
Oh, and the plug plants in that particular TSV were all plug and no flamin' plants. :wonder:

I did get a refund, and even CS were forced to concede that 'lots of other people had complained.'

Thompson and Morgan are usually fab and get my repeat orders every year. When they ran out stock of something I ordered, they sent substitute plants and a fistful of money off vouchers.

I must be lucky then, I bought the Oriental Poppies a couple of years ago and they are all ok.

I cannot watch that smug little gnome with his forced fake laughter and pointless enthusiasm about poor quality cack that you can buy for half the price elsewhere.

Liar indeed. :wonder:

Smug little gnome? Like this you mean? :happy:

ojdyfk.jpg

Any excuse to get it out again.... (the pic, not Dickie and his fertiliser)

The only plants I have had from QVC that were good were a collection of Hostas from Bowdens, I am waiting to see if they come up again this year.:sweat:

Hostas will grow anywhere. My garden is like a bog with very little sunlight and they're like weeds. The snails love them though so they end up very holy!

I see he has a TSV on Sunday. Whoopie do. He'll no doubt be there grinning at the camera whilst fiddling with his hose end sprayer.

Last edited:
I've never actually bought any of their plants so I can't comment on their quality. But I do agree that RJ does tell porkies about the plants and omits salient points about others.

i must be green fingered then cos i bought the tree peonies and they flowered 1st year and havecontinued to do so

Latest posts

Back