Try QVC she said ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
... "she" being the Bare Escentuals girlie in my local House of Fraser.

I was looking for a soft focus face brush as that's the one I prefer and mine is knackered.

She said they didn't sell it very often and it usually came in the kits. And for me to try QVC as they have great value kits.

I was somewhat bemused.

bad business

the girls that work in dept stores are employed by BE not house of fraser so she was still promoting the company by referring tink to QVC its just the same as referrin you to another branch of the same business xx

most of the staff on the cosmetics counter hate qvc and as see qvc as direct competition. decleor,elemis,molton brown are but a few.

i was only referring to BE as one of my friends works for them in fenwicks she even buys the tsv's because she cant get them cheaper. personally i cant wear it it makes my skin itch.

I'm just grateful she didn't try and flog me another brush that wouldn't do the job or make my skin itch. Which is my problem with the flawless face brush, it's too blumming itchy.

The girlie did tell me, though, that the soft focus brush was synthetic and that might be why I prefer it. I didn't know that. I thought all their brushes were "real". And if the soft focus brush is synthetic it might explain why it doesn't shed anything like as much as the flawless face.

Allivee ... is it the makeup that makes your skin itch or the brushes?

Not sure I can be arsed to check all the QVC kits to just buy the ruddy brush. I only use BE foundation and blusher so it could be an expensive way to buy a brush. Off to eBay for me I think.

Tink

the be foundation contains bismouth oxychloride and makes most people itch.
i put some mineral viel/primer first this helps.

if its a brush you are after I can recommend the Ultimate Brushes from Just Beauty Direct, they are represented on this site to. There is a section about it in the outlet section here. The brushes are brilliant
and I think also synthetic, softest I have ever come across

Lily lolo doesn't contain said 'nasties', I love their stuff!!

http://www.lilylolo.co.uk/

Daisy any idea which Lilylolo shades compare with fairly light or medium beige in BE? I'd be keen to try but buying just by peering at my computer screen is a bit iffy.

I hear what you're saying about the "nasties" but it doesn't irritate my skin and I love the glow it gives. I'm rushing headlong toward the big 50 and it makes my skin look more youthful than anything else I've tried. My lovely Mum gave me the right genes and I'm just trying to hold back the years. Mind you once I hit 50 that's it I'm going to hell in a handbasket. :happy:

Daisy any idea which Lilylolo shades compare with fairly light or medium beige in BE? I'd be keen to try but buying just by peering at my computer screen is a bit iffy.

I hear what you're saying about the "nasties" but it doesn't irritate my skin and I love the glow it gives. I'm rushing headlong toward the big 50 and it makes my skin look more youthful than anything else I've tried. My lovely Mum gave me the right genes and I'm just trying to hold back the years. Mind you once I hit 50 that's it I'm going to hell in a handbasket. :happy:

Hi Tinkerbelle, I love Lily Lolo stuff as well, so I can recommend it also, I wasn't sure about which colours to choose either at first, but they offer a sample service where you can buy really small amounts cheaply just to try, one of the things I like most about the LL range is you don't end up all shiny and reflective like BE

if its a brush you are after I can recommend the Ultimate Brushes from Just Beauty Direct, they are represented on this site to. There is a section about it in the outlet section here. The brushes are brilliant
and I think also synthetic, softest I have ever come across

Thank you. I'll take a look.

Hi Tinkerbelle, I love Lily Lolo stuff as well, so I can recommend it also, I wasn't sure about which colours to choose either at first, but they offer a sample service where you can buy really small amounts cheaply just to try, one of the things I like most about the LL range is you don't end up all shiny and reflective like BE

lol ... I think that might be my undoing. I like the shiny and reflective look. I prefer to describe is a glow though ... lol

the be foundation contains bismouth oxychloride and makes most people itch.
i put some mineral viel/primer first this helps.

yes its this stuff that makes me itch i havnt tried it with mineral veil first though so thanks for that tip i will try it cos apart from the itching i love the colour and coverage
i am using laura gellar b&b at moment and i am sure that has changed formula i put it on quickly for work the other day and didnt look too closely in the mirror and when i got to work everyone was laughing at my face when i checked in mirror one side of my face was streaked orange i looked a right state xx

You're a star!! I'll get a sample size and see if I like the unshiny option.

Latest posts

Back