Basso frock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Oh gawd ! Basso has joined the polyster/elastane brigade - he thinks that if Ronni Nicole, TianaB and gobby Leonard can get away with producing hot sweaty frocks, then he should join the bandwagon !!!

That frock he is inflicting upon us, is the type we traul the charity shops for when our local amdram is putting on a post-war production ! Its the sort my mother wore in the late 50's early 60's when she didn't know any better.

Where DOES he expect women to wear this atrocity ???????:mysmilie_460:

Stick to the coats Dennis love.

Dennis Basso aims his "fashion" at a certain demographic and that is not european.

When I was over in America late last year at an international conference it was striking how you could tell where in the world someone was from by what they were wearing, the europeans there were I have to say a heck of a lot more stylish than the vast majority of Americans. Not all the Americans were badly dressed but by far the majority were.
We went to a "fashion presentation" at Bloomingdales which was attended by a lot of obviously wealthy Americans (judging by the jewellary) and most of them were dressed very frumpily and would have loved Mr Bassos frock!
It was quite hard to understand why they would choose to wear some of the things they did because as I said they had the most gorgeous tasteful jewellary and bags but the clothes were in a lot of cases simply awful

I managed to get one of the gorgeous Basso zebra print dresses. I'll be wearing it for Richard Jackson's garden party, if I can manage to get a ticket. RJ won't be able to resist me in that dress, worn with the lovely TSV mac in blue. :cool:

Last edited:
Dennis Basso aims his "fashion" at a certain demographic and that is not european.

When I was over in America late last year at an international conference it was striking how you could tell where in the world someone was from by what they were wearing, the europeans there were I have to say a heck of a lot more stylish than the vast majority of Americans. Not all the Americans were badly dressed but by far the majority were.
We went to a "fashion presentation" at Bloomingdales which was attended by a lot of obviously wealthy Americans (judging by the jewellary) and most of them were dressed very frumpily and would have loved Mr Bassos frock!
It was quite hard to understand why they would choose to wear some of the things they did because as I said they had the most gorgeous tasteful jewellary and bags but the clothes were in a lot of cases simply awful

I agree with all that you say, and its proven with a lot of the fashion that is brought to us by the American designers - most of it is frumpy (think Nina Leonard). One only has to look at American brides, in all their meringue glory, to realise they are a few years behind in the stylish stakes.

However, saying that, there ARE a few dresses that I HAVE bought which have been ok and stylish, plus they are made in the larger sizes, which tend to sell out faster on the High Street.

OMG the only person who would like that horror is Mrs Overall, but the Butcher says Joanie has one and also Joan Collins. Yeah right, in your dreams Basso. Poor Debbie having to swoon over it whilst wearing THE MAC which made her look like a tent.

Last edited:
Now own up which of you paid £78,000 for a truly AWFUL dress & not on QVC!
Sorry I know you all have more sense than to throw money away on such tat, even the worst of QVC fashion could not stoop so low.I know someone will think of the 'dress' (cos it was worn by hopefully a future Queen) would be a good investment.Just watch the news and what is happening, the needs of others?

OMG the only person who would like that horror is Mrs Overall, but the Butcher says Joanie has one and also Joan Collins. Yeah right, in your dreams Basso. Poor Debbie having to swoon over it whilst wearing THE MAC which made her look like a tent.

I thought that Debbie F in that mac with her hair scraped back and held in place with an alice band had more than a passing resemblence to Mary on Corrie, you know the somewhat strange lady with the very strange crush on Norris. Not a good look!!

Did any of you see Sharon in the faux suede trousers in black!! Now it takes some doing to make her look awful in anything (however gruesome) but it was achieved in this case! Joy also looks good in just about anything but the black skirt she was wearing looked awful on her. I think that they were the worst items I have ever seen on QVC and that is saying something.

Debbie looked down right daft in that headband; there is something about a mature (looking) woman and a headband that just don't mix.

All in all a painful hour to watch.

Debbie looked down right daft in that headband; there is something about a mature (looking) woman and a headband that just don't mix.

All in all a painful hour to watch.

That was a ken paves wig she was wearing..seems to think she looks good in it!!!! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back